PDA

View Full Version : Question about shampoo ingredients

tori93
October 28th, 2011, 12:26 PM
are these ingredients good or bad for your hair? I really don't know

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Cocamide Mipa, Sodium Chloride, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 14700/Red 4, Sodium Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyqiaternium-10, Camelina Sativa/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Limonene, Llinalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, BHT, Laureth-2 Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamel, Parfum/Fragrance.

rock007junkie
October 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM
are these ingredients good or bad for your hair? I really don't know

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Cocamide Mipa, Sodium Chloride, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 14700/Red 4, Sodium Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyqiaternium-10, Camelina Sativa/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Limonene, Llinalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, BHT, Laureth-2 Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamel, Parfum/Fragrance.

It depends. The first bolded is a sulfate which a lot of people avoid because it is a a harsh suffactant. The second one is a silicon which could coat hair and deprive it of moisture which onthe long run will make it dry.

Cainwen
October 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM
It really just depends on your hair. Like rock007junkie said, a lot of people around here avoid sulfates because they can be very harsh on the hair and irritate the scalp. My scalp gets very angry without getting a good scrubbing with sulfates. Ditto for silicone compounds. Either you love 'em or you hate 'em. The only way to know how if its good or bad for your hair is to try it unfortunately.

It seems a little funny to me that the dyes are really high on the list (assuming you typed them in the order on the back of the bottle), but I doubt that it would have an effect on the shampoos efficacy.