PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else wash bangs/fringes daily?

Celebrian
October 27th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I love my hair as it gets dirtier: it looks fuller and shinier and more me! The one exception to this rule is my fringe/bangs area. I have a greasy forehead and this makes it impossible to wake up with crisp and bouncing bangs.

The problem is this: although greasy bangs are vile on me - really clean and fluffy ones aren't much better. Ugh!

Otherwise, I love my new blunt bangs :D

battles
October 27th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I have to wash my bangs daily. I still wash my hair daily most of the time, but I'm trying to stretch washes when I can..

Foxy_Booker
October 27th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I always wash my blunt bangs daily. I lean over the sink and shampoo them. I figure they grow out so fast that I can torture them as much as I want without guilt and they only look good clean, if not they are so noticeably greasy and cling together. the rest of my hair I wash every 3rd day. It also gives my hair the overall look of clean since they are in front and most obvious so when my hairs not its freshest it kinda hides it.

Cainwen
October 27th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I wash my blunt bangs daily with just shampoo. They either curl nicely or get fluffy, either of which are fine with me.

Leucothea
October 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I usually use dry shampoo on my blunt bangs between washes, I used to wash them everyday, but, ah, I'm lazy. Dry shampoo saves me 15 minutes in the morning that I used to spend washing and styling my bangs. Love it.

darklion
October 27th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I'm with Foxy_Booker, I don't care what kind of damage I do to my bangs. I wash and blow dry them (on medium). My bangs don't "age" well like the rest of my hair.

Gutterfayrie
October 27th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I use to have to, and I hated it. That was a major reason for me to grow them back out.

long
October 27th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I wash mine everyday because I wash my hair everyday. When my hair was longer I would put a shower cap on with my bangs sticking out and wash them in the shower. This is what I will do again when my hair is longer and I can stretch washes.

luckyduck
October 27th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I CO my bangs between washes if they need it.

Grillz
October 27th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I absolutely do. I don't like the feeling of bangs on my face a day or 2 after washing at all. They just make me feel dirty unless I shampoo them quickly in the sink... but the rest of my hair looks great. I must touch them a lot.

uptosomeone
October 28th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I don't usually, but if my forehead is having an exceptionally greasy day I will. The longer my bangs grow the less greasy they seem to get though...not entirely sure why this is, but I'm not complaining!

Diamond.Eyes
October 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I have very think hair, so washing my fringe daily is definitely a necessity for me. I live in an extremely hot climate, so my bangs are usually icky the day after washing. :oops:

buttercupmcgee
October 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I love my hair as it gets dirtier: it looks fuller and shinier and more me! The one exception to this rule is my fringe/bangs area. I have a greasy forehead and this makes it impossible to wake up with crisp and bouncing bangs.

The problem is this: although greasy bangs are vile on me - really clean and fluffy ones aren't much better. Ugh!

Otherwise, I love my new blunt bangs :D

I know what you mean about the clean and fluffy bang look not being much better than the greasy one. I wash mine daily, sometimes every other day depending if I work out, and right after a wash I run some baby powder or dry shampoo through them (I also do this when they are greasy) to give them more texture.

It really helps them be a bit less shiny/5th grade portrait-ready, and more adult.

uptosomeone
October 28th, 2011, 01:09 PM
What exactly do "fluffy" bangs look like? I've never had a problem with mine being too clean, even when I had them cut extremely short.

buttercupmcgee
October 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM
What exactly do "fluffy" bangs look like? I've never had a problem with mine being too clean, even when I had them cut extremely short.

Well, mine look overly shiny and lay too neatly. I guess fluffy doesn't really apply since they are straight and frizz-free, but they just look...young. So I must subconsciously equate them with a newborn chick in my head, hence fluffy! :p

They just sort of, sit better with a bit more texture in them. Like the rest of the hair, they are generally easier to style and look a bit sexier on day two. Or maybe that's just my hair!

bondeandeebowl
October 28th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I do it every day! The just look ridiculous and so oily without it, and mine are almost collarbone length. I wash them in the sink and blow dry them.

Silverdragn7385
October 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Yep...I have to wash my bangs and side pieces daily. Since this portion of my hair touches my extremely oily skin the most, it's a necessity.

Celebrian
October 28th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Aha, thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone. I'll try the powder idea after washing to get rid of the 'chick' look! :eyebrows:

Cowgirl16
October 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I've grown my bangs out to my chin, and I still wash them everyday. They don't always go back with the rest of my hair and I like how they look when freshly washed

Arashi
October 29th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I don't have to wash mine every day, but every other day if I'm going out in public... as others have said, they're trimmed regularly so I torture them as much as I want. This includes blow-drying and flat-ironing as well :o

Oh, now that I think of it, sometimes I just rub in & comb out some cornstarch based baby power as a lazy alternative to washing them over the sink.