PDA

View Full Version : Did a coconut oiling today

W2
October 27th, 2011, 01:29 PM
For the very first time ever - put coconut oil on skalp and on lengths - waited for an hour and then scs-washed it.

And now I can't determin wether my hair is soft or greasy https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RstuLc4tnuo/TqmwoDi55BI/AAAAAAAAGuw/k7b9sxbtF3I/s17/think.gif

thelittlestdoc
October 27th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Haha, this was my reaction the first time I used coconut oil, too! I've definitely come to the conclusion that it's just soft :D

Capybara
October 27th, 2011, 05:51 PM
It does take some getting used to :) I find that my hair feels best if I'm oiling it consistently. Otherwise, if I only oil it once every so often, it just looks greasy.

I hope it works out for you :)

Annibelle
October 27th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I always wonder this... :) There seems to be a very fine line when it comes to using coconut oil, at least for me! :p

W2
October 29th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Okay, it just felt too strange, so tried a co-wash today.
Much better.

Think I will have to try it again though, and see, if I can wash the oil out better.

CurlyZ
October 29th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Okay, it just felt too strange, so tried a co-wash today.
Much better.

Think I will have to try it again though, and see, if I can wash the oil out better.

Try to wash it out only with warm water and conditioner - a lot conditioner.
That works best for me.

VikingVampChick
October 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
For me, it's a combo of which brand & how much. If I use Parachute, I have to be careful with overdoing it - main ingredient in their Gold blend is mineral oil. Dabur Vatika is harder for to overdo & leaves my hair silkier than Parachute Gold.

Maybe it's the brand you used?

Kathie
October 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I've found that coconut oil has improved the condition of my hair, a lot. But my hair never feels greasy once I've washed it out.

turquoisedays
October 29th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I've been using coconut oil for the past few weeks since joining this site and I love it :) I have fine hair though so if I use too much or don't wash it all out in the shower my hair always looks dark and wet. I avoid applying it anywhere around the scalp area because it makes it look too greasy.

Modarunner
October 30th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I love coconut oil on my hair, but I always walk a fine line between not washing it all out and just washing it completely out of my hair. I never seem to be able to get it right. But it definitely makes my hair softer.