PDA

View Full Version : Nioxin?

Kherome
October 26th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Has anyone used Nioxin before? A friend of mine just gave me her bottles, since she didn't care for it. I've never used it before and I'm not sure about it since it says it's for thin hair, and mine is normal.

Nioxin, good or bad anyone?

Kherome
October 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
85 people (so far) have looked and no one has tried it or knew someone who tried it???

PixxieStix
October 27th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I used it religiously for over a year, and it never improved my hair growth rate, decreased my shedding, or smelled very good. I think it is supposed to work by keeping your hair in your head and decreasing shedding by sort of inflating the tissue around the hair follicle, preventing it from coming out, but like Rogane, if you stop, it stops working. I've found scalp massages work much better.

pixistixx
October 27th, 2011, 07:13 PM
it makes hair appear thicker with castor oil, and removes DHT from scalp buildup, so if your hair loss is due to high DHT or free testosterone levels it could help, I noticed it stopped my shedding when using it, however it made my hair feel really dry after a while. I switched to using the conditioner only on my scalp and it didn't have much effect as the shampoo, although it made my scalp feel nice. The leave ins gave me cystic acne on my scalp, big time. If you are sensitive to iodines/ kelp, etc and they aggravate your acne then steer clear. All the products contain algae extract which is really comedeogenic. You might get temporarily red and slight burning feeling from the high niacin content (niacin flush), but it goes away within 20 minutes. It the end I felt it was too expensive to keep up with very little reward.

allmixedup88
October 27th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I used the shampoo for thin hair, because I liked the tingle. I did not see a big difference in my hair though, but this was years ago when I had a bob. I also dyed/bleachd/lightened/etc every other month.

Fairlight63
October 27th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I have been using them since Jan. I am using System 3 for color treated hair. It is very drying on my fine hair, so I just put a little on my scalp & a different shampoo & cond. on length that is more moisturizing.
I was using it for the thin area on the top back of my head, but I don't think that it is helping any, it is still very thin on top. I have been using the shampoo, cond., booster, treatment & vitamins. When they run out I will not purchase them again.
So bottom line:they are not worth the expense.

melmmo
October 27th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I didn't use it long enough to determine whether it works to regrow thinning hair or stop shedding. It made my hair extremely dry. I didn't even make it through one bottle.

Sunsailing
November 2nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
I use the system 3 cleanser (shampoo). I have much less shedding with it. I don't use any other Nioxin products.

It is part of CWC for me. I've been using it for at least 3 years.

Buggheart
November 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM
I've only used their aerosol hair spray. I liked it quite a bit but it was very expensive.