PDA

View Full Version : Henna sooq good or bad?

AngelinIvy
October 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Ok someone on the hennaforhair forum private messaged me and said that they think the henna sooq website look a little iffy to them and they doubted whether or not their products are natural. They didn't say whether they used the products or not. I strand tested twice and everything came out fine as far as I can tell, (I have never hennaed before). But I had just mixed up 400 grams of henna 10 minutes before I read that message, so can someone get back to me about this soon if they have had any bad reaction to the henna from henna sooq. It is possible this person works for h4h and is pushing me towards their products.

princessp
October 26th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I've used both Henna Sooq + Mendhi Shop (henna for hair). In my experience both have been very good.

MissManda
October 26th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I've had great experiences with Henna Sooq. :) I haven't seen anything iffy about that particular shop at all.

moxamoll
October 26th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I haven't got any henna from them yet, but I've bought other herbs and oils there without any problems. The ladies have been super helpful and I've not had any "bad vibes". I don't think any person or company can be 100% perfect all the time though, maybe your contact just had an experience with one of their "off" times?

Intransigentia
October 26th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I've done business with Henna Sooq and never been anything but happy. Never heard anything bad about them either.

jeanniet
October 26th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Their products are very good quality. There's nothing on the website to make you think otherwise, and certainly nothing to make you think their henna isn't natural. I think that person probably had an axe to grind, but what they told you isn't true at all.

Nightshade
October 26th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Henna Sooq is amazing and her products are 100% legit. She is actually from India and knows her suppliers personally. I would stake anything on her products and her integrity :)

That and her customer service and shipping speed are top notch!

AngelinIvy
October 26th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I totally agree, she got me my order in 2 days, I just spoke to her now on the phone, she is so sweet and assured me her products are 100% natural.

Blond On Blond
October 26th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I ordered a lot of stuff from Henna Sooq. The shipping was very fast, the staff helpful, and all the products I bought are top quality.

VikingVampChick
October 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I've orderd from abt 3-4 times so far. I've never had a problem with customer service (actually, it's the best I've ever seen) or the products. I've gotten Jamila summer crop 2x, sweet mimosa butter
& samples of a few other things.

I can't really comment on h4h - I've only ordered a horn comb & my mom ordered a horn stick. Both good, though.

Animae
October 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I love henna Sooq, and I feel that she doesn't gouge you on shipping like Mehendi.com seems to.

Blond On Blond
October 26th, 2011, 06:01 PM
It is possible this person works for h4h and is pushing me towards their products.

While everything is possible, I doubt that a serious seller like h4h would go so low.

Viscountess
October 26th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Chiming in on how great Henna Sooq is! Fast shipping at a reasonable cost and top quality products!

CaityBear
October 26th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I love Henna Sooq. Great quality of henna, great customer service and fast shipping. I wouldn't worry at all about the quality of the product.

PS: If this person just said the website is iffy...that has nothing to do with the product quality so I wouldn't take what this person says worth a grain of salt unless she's personally tried the products.

Anje
October 26th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Henna Sooq is awesome. Great products, very communicative, good prices. I always order from her now.

AngelDella
October 26th, 2011, 07:02 PM
henna sooq is a good company, good products, good service!

fairystar32
October 26th, 2011, 07:03 PM
henna sooq is amazing. Her products are great and she is a wonderful, caring and genuine woman from my past experience.
I have not ordered from her lately, only because I like the lab tested henna, but would not hesitate to recommend her or order from her in future.
I am oretty sure she has been around selling henna for many yrs too?

lastnite
October 26th, 2011, 07:47 PM
henna sooq is fine, and I think she even sells the same henna h4h does, henna sooq just doesn't give it fancy names.

while H4H actual henna and herbal powders are fine, sometimes they did push that they test their henna for dye content and that they and make sure there is nothing else in it and all that (since other companies don't test dye content, or atleast don't list it). H4H used to make it seem like their henna was the only henna to use and that buying henna from anywhere else you were risking putting metallic salts and compound henna on your head ...

Maktub
October 26th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I've done business with Henna Sooq and never been anything but happy. Never heard anything bad about them either.

Same for me. She is the only one I buy from and I really LOVE both the quality of her products and the kind and generous service. I think she has an AMAZING way of carying her business, she puts her heart and dedication to it. She is one of these people really passionate about what she does, and really cares about the products she offers.

I have seen good quality henna, and bad quality henna.... this is good quality, no doubt.

I hope that the increase in business will not affect the quality in the future, as this has happened in other small businesses. But for now, I'd recommend her anytime and I have nothing I could complain about even if I tried to find something.

Wavelength
October 26th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Henna Sooq is excellent, both in quality and service. I'd go on but the other posters have already said it all. :)

caribou55313
October 27th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I am a moderator on the H4H forum and am very disturbed that someone would say such a thing about Henna Sooq, and do it through our private messaging system.

I brought this to Catherine's attention and she says that no one who works for her at Henna For Hair, Mehandi or Tap Dancing Lizard had anything to do with that message, nor would they be allowed to do so.

Sometimes customers, especially in the context of an internet forum, get a little fanatical in their loyalty to a company and I suspect that is what's going on here.

Shanbot
October 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I'm definitely seconding (thirding, sixteenthing, etc :) ) the love for HennaSooq. Everything I have ordered from her has been of the best quality, arrived speedily, with instructions and good packaging, etc. No complaints. And the henna refuses to lose its dying properties no matter how lax I am with it (I've made up a batch in advance, frozen it for months, then left it in the fridge to thaw, forgot about it for two days...and it still comes out the same! If there is anything extra in that henna, it's probably magic.

jackie75
October 27th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Another Henna Sooq customer here! I just placed another order yesterday. I'm very pleased with this company.

diverbel
October 27th, 2011, 11:45 AM
HennaSooq is amazing!! Khadija is wonderful with expert advice! The customer service is the best I have ever encountered on the internet and in person! Shipping is blazing fast and priced reasonably! I am praying I get to place an order with her this week! HennaSooq is the only place I will order my henna, buxus and amla from, among other things!

bluegirl
October 27th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Just to bolster the luv, I ordered cassia from them. It came very quickly, and I've now placed an order for some henna and cones for dd's birthday. Can't wait to get it!

ravenreed
October 27th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Have only had great products and great costumer service from Henna Sooq!

amberpotamus
October 27th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Just to chime in, not that everyone else hasn't made the point already, but I had dyed my hair with permanent chemical dye less than a month before using henna from HennaSooq (which came really quickly) and had NO problems--so there are definitely no "dangerous" metallic compounds, or my hair would have reacted. I got a really decent stain considering that I used straight lemon juice to dye release and probably could have let it sit longer, and then only left it on for 3 hours. And it all comes sealed really well to prolong freshness.

AngelinIvy
October 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I used the henna last night, it came out just perfect, thank you all so much for reassuring me.

owlathena
October 27th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I've ordered from hennasooq twice. The first time it took a week to get my package. The most recent time though, I placed my order on FRIDAY and got my package on MONDAY. Thats the fastest I've ever received something from the internet. AND there was a little sample of a yummy body bar! The henna has been great, triple sealed for freshness, and a wonderful stain. I will definitely order from them again! :crush:

beckishness
October 27th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I am really looking forward to ordering from Henna Sooq. I had been on the fence as to where to buy my cassia obovata and camellia oil (both of which I have never tried before), but after reading all of these wonderful comments about their shop I am definitely going to try them out! Thanks!

aahavaa
October 27th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I suffer from severe chemical sensitivity which means that I have to be very very careful that the henna I use is pure and no additives. The henna I use is from Hennasooq and I have no problems at all with it.In fact I've recommended her to other sufferers who want to try henna.

ktani
October 27th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I do not use henna but I have looked at her website and there is nothing there iffy to me.

Henna Sooq is lovely and tries to be extremely helpful just posting here.

Sometimes (more than sometimes) people have a private or business related agenda and will use pm systems, posts, whatever they can to promote it.

This person may have an axe to grind, or from what I have seen and read about Henna Sook and from her to me when posting and privately, it is most likely a business related agenda, not necessarily directly connected to a business.

ETA: People can get others to things for them and unless you know of the connection the actions can seem to be innocent.

ktani
October 27th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Things can go wrong with any vendor. With natural product vendors, they are often at the mercy of the quality of crops, and that cannot always be controlled or known about right away. Sometimes mailings can go wrong.

What separates good from bad vendors to me is how things at their end are handled, how fast they are to reply to inquiries (and how reasonable the reply is) and how reasonable they are in getting any problem resolved (as well as the usual like pricing).

Amber_Maiden
October 27th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I liked henna sooq... It was actually probably the best quality henna I've ever used.

Henna Sooq
October 27th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Now this is the absolutely cream of the crop. Someone really beautiful and amazing sent this link to me as I hadn't seen this thread.
I am almost next to tears. You guys are amazing. Thank you for enabling me to do what I love and what I'm passionate about.
I would only want the absolutely best for you as I would want for myself.
If I've done something wrong, we're here, and I will do my best to make it right.
No I'm not perfect. I'm just human! :)

I don't even know what to say after reading all of this. Just when I was thinking to myself, I swear, just yesterday, wondering am I doing everything right? Is it enough? What could I do differently? Then this is here to lift my thoughts and spirits.

I couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you SO much. From the bottom depths of my heart. This means SO much to me. So much!! xo

PS Yes I've been doing this for many years now, and we're not iffy. We're the real deal :)

HennaMuse
October 27th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Full disclosure, I do some subcontracted work for Mehandi, but as for "price gouging on shipping" is concerned, we charge the real cost of shipping via priority mail without any added fees or charges. If you are charged more than the actual cost of shipping simply request a refund for the difference. Some times there are accidental overcharges because the automatic shipping calculator isn't smart enough to understand what can fit in a flat rate box. This can be especially high with international orders.

I certainly hope that whoever sent the PM understands that this in NOT the ethic with which we do business! We've had people poaching via PM on our own forum and wouldn't behave that way ourselves!

AmericanWoman
October 27th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Henna sooq is just as good as h4h. Plus she is a member here and does body art tattoos. 100% reccomeded. buy with confidence from either one.

fairystar32
October 27th, 2011, 08:39 PM
On the postage note. I checked for postage recently on H4H and Hennasooq, as I need new henna and both postages were pretty much the same cost :)

AmericanWoman
October 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
On the postage note. I checked for postage recently on H4H and Hennasooq, as I need new henna and both postages were pretty much the same cost :)

If I remember correctly, h4h ships Priority Mail. henna sooq ships from Canada.. both arrived very quickly.

Henna Sooq
October 27th, 2011, 08:53 PM
No actually we're in Maryland. We've been here since August 2010. We relocated back.

Henna Sooq
October 27th, 2011, 08:54 PM
So for those who aren't too sure, or want to make sure we're not iffy, please come by and visit :)

Blond On Blond
October 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
So for those who aren't too sure, or want to make sure we're not iffy, please come by and visit :)

I personally wouldn't care if you shipped out of an iffy barn ;) Customer service is excellent, products are first-class, the website is very professional looking and easy to navigate. What more could you ask for?

Buggheart
October 28th, 2011, 07:39 AM

This. I love that she gives the option to come pick it up! I live in Maryland and love that I can save on shipping by picking my order up and meeting the proprietor. That's awesome. I haven't done that yet, but it's awesome :pumpkin:

I've ordered from HennaSooq 3 times now and the product and customer service are great. I'm sitting here with rajasthani on my head as I write and it's the creamiest, most beautiful henna I've ever used. She also includes directions, tips, and recipes with your order so it's not just a bunch of henna thrown in a bag. There's definitely a personal touch. Very happy with my purchases.

Henna Sooq
October 28th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I personally wouldn't care if you shipped out of an iffy barn ;) Customer service is excellent, products are first-class, the website is very professional looking and easy to navigate. What more could you ask for?

An iffy barn LOL!!!! :) No not quite, but interesting thought :)

Henna Sooq
October 28th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Buggheart, you're hair is amazing!!! Can I use that photo of your hair?

Buggheart
October 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Buggheart, you're hair is amazing!!! Can I use that photo of your hair?

Sure! I wish I could get it back to looking that good though. Having difficulty with it going too red/orange on me.

Navydoc_76
October 29th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I just used Henna sooq's Rajasthani for the first time a few weeks ago, and im in LOVE! i will never use any other brand now.. i love the burgundy. I also use their shampoo bars, and just received 3 more in the mail today... they are amazing also!!

Kaelee
October 29th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I order from h4h and I love them! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about henna sooq though- if I hadn't just fallen in LOVE with Katherine's Yemen Light I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

I think a few people are very 'protective' of h4h. Sometimes for good reason (there ARE a lot of nasty products out there pretending to be henna!) and sometimes because, well, h4h IS their business (understandable), so I wouldn't be surprised if one or two people over there would try to steer you away from other suppliers. I think, however, that those people would be in the minority, I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with H4H and still highly reccommend them. (I hear their shipping prices are higher than others' though.)

EDIT: I shouldn't say 'it is their business' because it's not necessarily anyone that works for H4H. Could be customers as well. (Catherine has a cult following! Haha)

Maktub
October 29th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I say good work to both h4h and henna sooq !
Thank you both for letting us have access to pure henna and herbs and giving us such a marvelous customer service !

:flower:

cheetahfast
October 29th, 2011, 08:01 PM
No actually we're in Maryland. We've been here since August 2010. We relocated back.

Which I love! :crush:

I got a package I ordered at 7am the next day by 5pm! That's fast service. I'm currently pretty close to the location, but still everything was sent out asap!

Also all of the products I recieved were wonderful! I wouldn't look to buy elsewhere and plan on ordering more from Henna sooq.

fairystar32
October 29th, 2011, 08:19 PM
My quotes were pretty much the same. shame its so expensive to ship to australia, as I really need some more henna but cannot afford the shipping yet as it doubles my cost :(

If I remember correctly, h4h ships Priority Mail. henna sooq ships from Canada.. both arrived very quickly.

firicia
October 29th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I have used Henna Sooq, they were great.

My henna was not what I expected though. I tried 15(no joke) different ways of trying to get the dye to release during strand tests, with pretty much no success. Now I have a ton of Moroccan henna and don't know what to do. I did dye my hair, and now it is brown and I am so disappointed. I should have been able to get copper red with my hair colour...

It's so weird that henna gives everyone else amazing reds and mine is dull. Wish I could have figured out what is wrong, I still don't know what I am gonna do with my hair now.

Best of luck though, just giving honest feedback. Henna Sooq = good, Henna = didn't work for me

Anainwonderland
October 29th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Firicia - How are you mixing your henna? and how long were u leaving it on for and did you use heat?

amberpotamus
October 30th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I have used Henna Sooq, they were great.

My henna was not what I expected though. I tried 15(no joke) different ways of trying to get the dye to release during strand tests, with pretty much no success. Now I have a ton of Moroccan henna and don't know what to do. I did dye my hair, and now it is brown and I am so disappointed. I should have been able to get copper red with my hair colour...

It's so weird that henna gives everyone else amazing reds and mine is dull. Wish I could have figured out what is wrong, I still don't know what I am gonna do with my hair now.

Best of luck though, just giving honest feedback. Henna Sooq = good, Henna = didn't work for me

I have heard that Moroccan henna tends to be on the browner side of the range of orangey-reds that henna gives, but that does seem a bit extreme... But perhaps when the Yemeni is in stock again, you could try that? For all that all henna releases the same actual substance which should be pretty much the same color, Yemeni seems to reported to be the most red, while the Rajasthani is said to be more burgundy-ish.

mrs_coffee
October 31st, 2011, 05:46 AM
Henna Sooq is my favorite henna. I've tried a few different henna suppliers and HS Moroccan gives me the best color and my hair is so soft afterwards (with the others my hair was very dry after hennaing).

xovictoryxo
November 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
fast shipping and great products. no complaints here, i prefer them and I reccomend them and i plasn to do business in the future.

jeanniet
November 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Full disclosure, I do some subcontracted work for Mehandi, but as for "price gouging on shipping" is concerned, we charge the real cost of shipping via priority mail without any added fees or charges. If you are charged more than the actual cost of shipping simply request a refund for the difference. Some times there are accidental overcharges because the automatic shipping calculator isn't smart enough to understand what can fit in a flat rate box. This can be especially high with international orders.

I certainly hope that whoever sent the PM understands that this in NOT the ethic with which we do business! We've had people poaching via PM on our own forum and wouldn't behave that way ourselves!
Depending on how far away you are, shipping via Priority Mail can be quite expensive. I have a friend who runs a specialty store across the country from me; he ships Priority Mail, and coast-to-coast it's almost prohibitively expensive. He doesn't charge over the shipping amount, either. So what may seem outrageous is probably just the reality of Priority Mail.

ladonna
November 6th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Is something going on with hennasooq? I placed and order a few days ago and e-mailed her some questions, but I haven't gotten any updates on my order and she hasn't e-mailed me back.

diverbel
November 6th, 2011, 08:28 PM
She gets a ton of emails hon. The best way to contact her is to just call during business hours. She is a wonderful person and extremely helpful! When I order from her on a Monday I have my order by Friday , Saturday at the absolute latest! I wish all companies, internet and in person were as great as they are!

coffinhert
November 6th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Henna sooq is awesome! I've used only their henna since I started and it's worked perfectly. Good sift, smells like henna, I'd say it's very high quality. I've ordered henna, indigo, and cassia from them. She also sent me a free sample of the coconut and indian oil mix, and a free sample of the herb for curliness (I'm blanking on the name right now).

Valorie
November 7th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Another big fan of hennasooq chiming in. Wonderful product and I've tried several retailers but never had the urge to order from anyone else since I found her around the year 2008.

MaiCarInMtl
November 7th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I've personally known the owner of Henna Sooq for many years so I can speak both for her character and her products. I trust no one but her for all of my henna needs. Any time I've had questions, she's been quick to answer and offer advice. Also, her blog and YouTube videos are really informative. The products I've ordered from her are certified organic (stickered and all).

I don't do business with anyone but Henna Sooq when it comes to Henna. I know I can trust this person and her products 100%.