PDA

View Full Version : What is YOUR favorite BSL updo?

Mrs. D
October 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hello all,
I am learning to work with my now BSL (yay) length. Some of my go-to styles are not working. Used to wear a sock bun, gibson tuck and french twist all the time. So far I am wearing my hair in a chinese bun or cinnabun alot.

What style do any of you other BSLers or those who have gone ahead of use like? Links to tutorials that were helpful would be great also.

Regards,
Shannon :pegasus:

allmixedup88
October 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nAAkad2ZHE0/TJztASlO86I/AAAAAAAAAB8/K2x5tQTl1lQ/s1600/240910+Cinnamon+Bun.jpg

and another one I don't know the name but u put on a pony tail and then make 4 sections and twist like in a cinnamon bun creating like 4 cinnamon buns in one
it's supppper cute !

mallorykay13
October 26th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Lazy wrap bun. All the way. Looks fancy and super easy to throw up. and you only need one hair stick.

MissManda
October 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Right now, I wear my hair in a (preferably damp) cinna- or beebutt bun secured with spin pins. I can also do classic braids, which is basically when you make two French/Dutch pigtails and pin the ends up into a bun. Tucked French braids are also super-easy and comfy. :)

Yozhik
October 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Braids!

I love braids, especially intricate and unusual ones, but with increased length (for me, at least), I feel like they're more labor intensive. Crown braids, perimeter braids, French braids, Dutch braids (double/single French/Dutch braids into buns), rope braids (bunned into rose buns), herringbones, the Ellingswoman bun...:D

Have fun!

Mrs. D
October 26th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Braids!

I love braids, especially intricate and unusual ones, but with increased length (for me, at least), I feel like they're more labor intensive. Crown braids, perimeter braids, French braids, Dutch braids (double/single French/Dutch braids into buns), rope braids (bunned into rose buns), herringbones, the Ellingswoman bun...:D

Have fun!

I so need to learn to braid more than english braids. I love the Ellingswoman styles.Shannon

Raiscake
October 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Pencil bun or nautilus bun are my current faves.

Scarlet_Heart
October 27th, 2011, 03:47 AM
When I was at BSL I was still just able to do a French twist. Enjoy that style while you can because the longer it gets, it just becomes impossible. I used to wear that style all the time. It looks so fancy and professional.

luthein
October 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM
The lazy french twist with the ends untucked.=)

PinkyCat
October 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Hypno bun & Spidermom bun.

prettyhairisred
December 11th, 2011, 10:29 PM
How do you do a chineese or cinnabun? Can you lead me to any tutorials??

LocustSpawning
December 22nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
I usually either do a cinnabun held up with 2 diagonal hair sticks and a big flower decoration on top, or a lazy wrap bun with a flower on top. ^_^

moon2dove
December 22nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
How do you do a chineese or cinnabun? Can you lead me to any tutorials??

If you search on youtube example below - you'll find lots of different hair styles to try! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JZOVnSjjE&feature=related

Diamond.Eyes
January 11th, 2012, 08:55 PM
When I had APL-BSL hair, I would often do my hair in a rope-braided updo like this. Except I would leave my bangs and some side-fringe out. I thought it was cute and so did my DF :). I guess I could technically still do this updo, I just have been experimenting with other updo's. :shrug:.
Here's a link (I love her accent :p):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oF9ZCgcG9g&feature=related

candycandace
January 11th, 2012, 09:03 PM
When I had APL-BSL hair, I would often do my hair in a rope-braided updo like this. Except I would leave my bangs and some side-fringe out. I thought it was cute and so did my DF :). I guess I could technically still do this updo, I just have been experimenting with other updo's. :shrug:.
Here's a link (I love her accent :p):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oF9ZCgcG9g&feature=related
Stealing this idea diamond.eyes :p! You really should have a blog for your hair idea's and such, because I already "stalk" your blog and posts for your advice and idea's. :flower:

Diamond.Eyes
January 11th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Stealing this idea diamond.eyes :p! You really should have a blog for your hair idea's and such, because I already "stalk" your blog and posts for your advice and idea's. :flower:
Aww thanks Candace! That's really nice of you to say, but I can't take complete credit for this idea as a few other people have mentioned it as well :). And I really hope you know that you can ask me for advice whenever you need it. I know you think it annoys me, but it truly does not. I love helping people out. Especially my friends :flower:.

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'd french braid and roll the braid under and secure with a clips.

Kira94
January 12th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Seashell bun, braided bun and attempted nautilus. :D

Freckled.Thing
January 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
My go to is generally a nautilus bun because I can do it in about ten seconds flat. I think my favorite though is probably the Gibraltar bun. It's almost as fast, very sturdy and comfortable, and I think it's really pretty.

Neneka
January 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I liked pencil bun and lazy wrap bun.

CarpeDM
January 12th, 2012, 09:46 AM
My favorite is what I like to call the pseudo cinnamon bun, looks different every time!

white.chocolate
January 12th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Mine was the low knot bun. It looked really pretty and neat.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 11:21 AM
My crown braid twist. It's easy enough for even me to do. :D

Shesta
January 12th, 2012, 11:59 AM
My favorite - tucked french braid. Followed by crown braid and the lazy wrap bun.

patienceneeded
January 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
My stupid thick hair at BSL can still BARELY be made into any type of bun. I tend to do a lot of styles that can be held with a fork or 2 sticks, mostly a twisty-type style that I figured out. It probably has a name but I've never bothered to find out. I can (mostly) do a lazy wrap now, but it's is messy as the thickness and length are still at odds with each other. For the treadmill or running outdoors I've started braiding (basic english braid) the length and then folding the braid up on my head and securing the braid to my head with a flex-8. I leave the braid ends undone, no elastic and let them flop back over the braid. It works really well, it stays in place while I'm jogging and everything. DD4 thinks it's pretty and wants me to do her hair the same way. I actually have a flexi that will fit her (too small for me) and have done her hair like that for school.

raveness13
January 12th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Seashell bun, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_M_oSwRKfcBoth work really well for me.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Seashell bun, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_M_oSwRKfcBoth work really well for me.

I did that style for the first time yesterday with my new amethyst hair stick! Pic is in my updo album! :D