PDA

View Full Version : official hair typing question

FrozenBritannia
October 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Right, so I think I'm a 1a/1b, but I'd like to submit a photo for the pictorial classification thing so I guess I'd better make sure first!

This is me with freshly washed, untouched hair:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/hair/RSCN1369-1.jpg

My hair will not curl, not even with heat. It looks shorter in this pic than it actually is, so I must have been holding my head funny I guess (got the short one to take the picture)

Anyways, what do you think?

There is a pic in my profile of my with freshly washed, combed hair if that is needed too

Cirafly24
October 26th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I'd say 1b :)

MissManda
October 26th, 2011, 02:32 PM
You're definitely not a 1a; there's way too much bend in your hair. I'd say you're a 1b at the absolute least and that there is a possibility that your hair might get wavier. I think I'd actually call your hair 1b/1c since the bends are pretty distinct and not as stretched-out as most 1b's I've seen.

xoxophelia
October 26th, 2011, 02:40 PM
It is a little hard to tell because it looks as though you hair has been bleached? That can make hair kind of stiff and might be the reason for the upturned ends. If I had to guess though I would go with 1b for now.

pepperminttea
October 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I'd go 1b/c, but it'll be easier to tell when your hair's a bit longer. :)

pink.sara
October 26th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I would also say minimum 1b/1c.
You have a definite wave pattern, not just an end flick.
I would say 1a = absolutely no bends not even at the ends. Looks like it has been heat straightened.
1b = perfectly straight but ends that turn one way or the other and possibly more body than 1a.
1c = appears straight but when dried naturally and unbrushed contains one S wave.

I'd class myself as a 1a/1b because my ends flicked when it was at shoulder length, but now it's getting longer it pulls itself almost totally straight.
Also you can probably see in my avatar and siggy it looks straightened even when it's not!

Orangerthanred
October 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM
1b. 1a would be a bit straighter, but 1c has more wave to it.

Lissandria
October 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I'd say 1b/c. definitely not 1a. When your hair gets longer you may discover more or less wave and reasses. Your hair is looking lovely and healthy :)

FrozenBritannia
October 26th, 2011, 04:46 PM
1b then? The longest inch or so is a bit drier for sure- it's the first bit that regrew after the catastrophe-that-was and probably isn't as healthy as it was a funny colour. There is dye on it yes, I wouldn't say bleach, but chemical anyways.

My bangs always look flat-ironed even though they arn't :)

Thanks everyone!