July 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Ok, this is the last video for a while. :cool:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7581080099802811376

Carina
July 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Something is wrong because I can't see it.It says not available:(:confused:

AJoifulNoise
July 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I just wanted to say I really like your videos. Clear and easy to follow. You are a good teacher!

Hypnotica
July 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Something is wrong because I can't see it.It says not available:(:confused:

It's newly uploaded. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes before it goes live.

I just wanted to say I really like your videos. Clear and easy to follow. You are a good teacher!

Thank you! :)

Carina
July 6th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I saw it I really saw it.Good video,Hypnotica.Thanks!!!

spidermom
July 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Ha! Just tried that one; cool!

ajr
July 6th, 2008, 01:00 PM
My favorite style, and your hair, like always, looks amazing

Carolyn
July 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Thank you! I think I can even do that one! I'd heard of the Flipped Bun before but couldn't figure out what it was.

Koskaan
July 6th, 2008, 01:06 PM
The video is very clear, it's easy to see what you're doing. It's great!

Somehow I still get it a bit wrong, my bun ends up looking rather like a Gibson tuck instead of what the flipped bun looks like. I don't mind though, I've never managed to do a real Gibson tuck, and I'm ready to settle for a look-a-like. ;)

physicschick
July 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Thank you, Hypnotica. I've been unsuccessfully trying this bun for years. You do a couple things differently from how I was doing it (untwist the bun slightly to make it easier to flip, tuck the ends differently). I will try again and maybe get it right this time. :)

eadwine
July 6th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Nifty bun, good video :)

danacc
July 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the tip on loosening before flipping--I haven't tried it yet, and I think it will help me in making this bun. I really like this style, thanks for making the video.

Hypnotica
July 6th, 2008, 02:01 PM
The video is very clear, it's easy to see what you're doing. It's great!

Somehow I still get it a bit wrong, my bun ends up looking rather like a Gibson tuck instead of what the flipped bun looks like. I don't mind though, I've never managed to do a real Gibson tuck, and I'm ready to settle for a look-a-like. ;)

Try to unscrew the bun a little.

Thank you, Hypnotica. I've been unsuccessfully trying this bun for years. You do a couple things differently from how I was doing it (untwist the bun slightly to make it easier to flip, tuck the ends differently). I will try again and maybe get it right this time. :)

Yeah, I tuck the ends in front to get them in the back when flipped :)

Sceleste
July 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks so much for this video, Hypnotica, and for other videos you've posted lately. I have always had trouble with written instructions but I'm learning new do's easily with videos. Please, keep them coming. :)

Since I don't own a hair fork I secured my flipped bun with small claw clips. I put a couple to the outer coil, then noticed the inner coil flopped out so I had to put a couple more clips to keep the inner coil in place.

Speedbump
July 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM
This is a great video! I can't wait to try this, because frankly I am totally updotarded and I have a really hard time learning new hairstyles because I can't see them done. Now I have very little excuse for my affliction... :whistle: :lol:

Ciel
July 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Me likey! Great video and I just love your hair. :)

Nat242
July 6th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Another great instructional video, thanks Hypnotica! Could they be posted in the Articles section, do you think? They're very helpful.

-- Natalie

janaana
July 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
That's a fantastic video and I really like the style as it looks a bit softer and less tight from the front than a lot of up styles do.

I also think the fork you chose and the way you positioned it really sets the style off well. I don't have a fork but managed to fix it with a pair of thin hairsticks in an X shape.

Ndnlady
July 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Very nice! Thank you! I'm going to try that style and wear it to work tomorrow! :)

Teazel
July 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Excellent video, thank you! I must keep working on my flipped bun skills.

And I must try to get hold of a hair fork! :eyebrows:

Koskaan
July 6th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Try to unscrew the bun a little.

Hmm, I thought I did... I'll have to try it again. Thanks for the help! :flower:

Amoretti
July 7th, 2008, 03:28 AM
That's lovely; I'm going to try it. Thanks! :)

Loreyanne_H
July 7th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Great video, thank you for sharing!

sipnsun
July 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Great video, wish my hair was long enough for this one. I hope you continue with your videos, you are a great teacher.

Little_Bird
July 7th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Really beautyfull bun, tough it seems ery complicated :confused:

Oh well :p Suits you very nicely, thank's for sharing!

Kiraela
July 7th, 2008, 12:57 PM
That was awesome! I think I'm going to go try that now... You're a very good teacher - Go just slow enough so that we can see exactly what it is that you're doing!

Thanks!!

Remke
July 8th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Wow... They're super! I love them all :cheer: I've made them and I've put them in my new updo album (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1396)

Deborah
May 28th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Ok, this is the last video for a while. :cool:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7581080099802811376

Here's a video showing how to make one. This is part of a long thread about the "flipped bun." You probably had trouble searching it, as I called it a "flip bun." Search for "flipped bun", including the quotation marks, and the thread will come up.

Good luck! It's an easy and pretty bun. :)