PDA

View Full Version : How can I get my blonde hair copper red for only 1 day?

MissEarlGrey
October 26th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Hey all, me and DBF are going to a Halloween party this weekend as Tony Stark and Pepper Potts (a la Iron Man) and PP is known for her copper red hair. I'm incredibly fond of my natural colour and have no interest in dying it permanently, or even semi-permanent. I just want something that would let me have red hair for a day. Any suggestions?

Here's a photo for reference of what I'm trying to achieve:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/dobermutt/Stark/tony_pepper.jpg

Thanks!

BTW, my sig photo is not a reflection of my true colour; that is very dark lighting. I have light, honey blond hair.

UP Lisa
October 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I suggest a wig.

Kira94
October 26th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Yes, I would say a wig. Or perhaps Kool-aid? The kids here use it for crazy hair day at school, so I suppose it must wash out pretty easily. I can't say I've tried it though, so you might want to check it out first if you attempt it.

UP Lisa
October 26th, 2011, 01:03 PM
There are also the sprays that the young people use these days.....

ellen732
October 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Be careful when putting temporary color on blond hair, especially in the red/copper category, it is hard to fade out quickly.

Amber_Maiden
October 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM
You can use temp. spray in dye.... But you're really chancing it with that... sometimes it can be kind of faulty.... I'd wear a wig if I were you.

xoxophelia
October 26th, 2011, 03:12 PM
You could get manic panic in an orange-red color, dilute it with conditioner and do a gloss. It will likely last more than one day but give you a strawberry blonde hue and should rinse out..

babybabycat
October 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Get a wig. I have the same light color blond as you do. One year I wanted reddish hair for Halloween, used a temporary dye and it didn't come out.

Orangerthanred
October 26th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Maybe red kool aid? Or a colour depositing shampoo?

emelnd
October 26th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Very pretty hair color you have. If I had your hair I wouldn't risk it and go with a wig.

I got a hair extension for halloween instead of straightening my hair. I will be the new Uhura!

spike316
October 26th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I vote for red kool aid, mix it with a very little bit of water (no developer!) to create a paste then leave it on for half an hour. My stylist did this on me last year for a competition when I had bleached blonde hair and it washed out in about 4 days. I think she might have had to tone it afterwards to get it back to my usual ash though, but i've also mixed purple kool aid in with my conditioner and did a conditioner only treatment with it to tone my hair.

Anje
October 26th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I'd avoid the Koolaid. Wigs are one option. But if you want your own hair, I'd recommend this stuff. (http://www.sallybeauty.com/Styling-Mousse/SBS-700562,default,pd.html?green=23177917376&cm_vc=MYBUYS) It'll come out in the next wash, promise. You should be able to find it somewhere like Walgreens, too.