PDA

View Full Version : How is this style done?

Periwinkle
July 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iC7sOis2V1Q

This is a video of a girl doing a French twist that isn't secured with anything at all. Unfortunately, though, it's not very good quality and she's very fast and I can't tell what she does!

Can anyone help?

thetokenlady
July 6th, 2008, 10:45 AM
It looks more like a beebutt bun, but then she takes one of the lower coils and flips it over the main bun? I definitely saw her coiling it up, but it was hard to catch the last bit. I'll have to give it a shot when I take this french braid down (going on the motorcycle today, gotta have a braid!).

orangeeyecrayon
July 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
it looks like she does a cinamin bun tucks the end under than pulls the hair accross the back of the bun to cover it

Ciel
July 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
It looks more like a beebutt bun, but then she takes one of the lower coils and flips it over the main bun? I definitely saw her coiling it up, but it was hard to catch the last bit. I'll have to give it a shot when I take this french braid down (going on the motorcycle today, gotta have a braid!).

I agree, I think that it is a beebutt bun as well. :)

danacc
July 6th, 2008, 12:28 PM

Yep, she's definitely starting by making a Bee Butt bun. After that, I'm having trouble determining exactly what she does. It looks like she is still holding the ends in her left hand, and she lifts one of the inner loops from her right side, and pulls it over the bun so that it covers and secures the ends on the left side.

berr
July 6th, 2008, 12:59 PM
My daughter can do similar with her hair. It doesn't work for mine. My daughter has bsl wavy/curly hair that is so soft. I'm not sure I've ever felt hair as soft as my daughters. She basically coils it up and tucks the ends under the coil. When I try it my stick straight, semi-coarse hair just falls right out the first time I move.

eadwine
July 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
She coils and then tucks in the end, after that flips one of the coils over the bun.

Would NEVER work with my hair, only with hair that stays put when tucked under (which mine doesn't).