PDA

View Full Version : Sezam oil?

LadyCelestina
October 26th, 2011, 07:33 AM
A few weeks ago while rummaging through old stuff , I found a bottle of sezam oil.I stared at the package and wondered whether it can be used for my hair or not -however I put the bottle in my closet and kinda forgot about it,so I only now get to ask! :D

Is the sezam oil good for hair? Is there any way I can use it in skincare,or does anybody else have any interesting methods of using sezam oil?

PolarCathy
October 26th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Sesame oil is a very good hair oil :D , my personal favorite, used very often for example in India, BUT it goes rancid quickly, I think given that it's old stuff you probably can throw it away now...

A few weeks ago while rummaging through old stuff , I found a bottle of sezam oil.I stared at the package and wondered whether it can be used for my hair or not (...)

LadyCelestina
October 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Sesame oil is a very good hair oil :D , my personal favorite, used very often for example in India, BUT it goes rancid quickly, I think given that it's old stuff you probably can throw it away now...

I'll give it a try and see :). It's still in a sealed bottle.

EDIT: I opened the bottle and it doesn't smell bad to me. The expiry date on the bottle is okay too.
But if it really goes rancid so quickly,should I store it in a fridge,or use quickly,or what? :-D

PolarCathy
October 26th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I'll give it a try and see :). It's still in a sealed bottle.

Then there is some hope :)

Anje
October 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM
If it's dark sesame oil, expect it to smell fairly strong and rather toasted/burned. The light stuff just has a nutty sesame smell. I've tried other hair oils, but I keep going back to sesame myself. My hair just plain likes it.

LadyCelestina
October 28th, 2011, 01:32 AM
If it's dark sesame oil, expect it to smell fairly strong and rather toasted/burned. The light stuff just has a nutty sesame smell. I've tried other hair oils, but I keep going back to sesame myself. My hair just plain likes it.

Yes it smells quite strong.Not sure if I like the smell ( I don't even like the smell of normal sesame),so I'll probably only use it when I have time to keep it on overnight.

My sister,however,seems to love the smell-she says it smells like freshly baked cake :D