PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the grown out pixie/mullet by Christmas!

joflakes
October 26th, 2011, 04:49 AM
This is my goal and thought we could all congregate in here and support each other!

I'm currently at weird mullet stage and it's driving me mad.

Anyone else aim for a vaguely decent style and length by Christmas?

andreamuse
October 26th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Hi! I had my hair cut in September (into the pixie I've had since January) and a few weeks later decided that I wanted to grow it out. So...I probably won't be at the awkward stage for another month or so, but I'm with you! I'm taking that step to grow my pixie out and I'm a bit nervous of the mullet stage!

Any tips anyone has to make it painless would be great! :D

Pixie0763
October 26th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Another ~2 months, and my bangs will start hanging in my eyes. Otherwise, I'm not there quite yet.

joflakes
October 26th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Hi both!

Good luck with it all. I wish I could say there is an easy way to do it, but there isn't...not that I have found. Patience and perseverance are the order of the day with it.

Hats, clips and the like are your friend!

XcaliburGirl
October 26th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I'll join, but I am not sure at what point it will look better. If I can at least get some sort of decent updo going by Christmas, I'll be happy.

Right now, my best results are pulling the sides back behind my ears with bobby pin-like barrettes and combing the back to curl under my ears. It kind of makes it look like a chin-length bob and that the back is the length for my whole head.

joflakes
October 26th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I'll join, but I am not sure at what point it will look better. If I can at least get some sort of decent updo going by Christmas, I'll be happy.

Right now, my best results are pulling the sides back behind my ears with bobby pin-like barrettes and combing the back to curl under my ears. It kind of makes it look like a chin-length bob and that the back is the length for my whole head.

Have you any photos? I'm intrigued!

Bulbus
October 26th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I had a pixie cut in March. Although I loved it and it suited me very well I was missing the feminine feeling of longer hair so I began the growing it out after a short period of time. I was determined on keeping my hair nice while growing it out which was easy enough the first three months. I just had the back trimmed about once a month to avoid the mullet look and it looked fine until it started growing down over my ears. Right now the front of my hair is almost at jaw-lenght and the back is a bit longer. Because of the different lengths it's looking kind of weird when I wear it down but fortunately I am able to make a tiny ponytail using bobby pins. I've decided not to have a trim until Christmas where I hope my hair will be long enough to cut it into a sharp chin-lenght bob. If not, I will just carry on with my ponytail until my hair gets longer.

Neecola
October 26th, 2011, 08:28 AM
^ Welcome to LHC Bulbus-- your description sounds familiar! I also had a pixie that really suited me but missed my curls and the feminine feeling of long hair. I'm about the same length now as you, just a bit shorter.

I won't be past my awkward mullety stage by Christmas, but I'd like to join the support group!

May we all be blessed with patience (and fast growing hair!)

HairFaerie
October 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I'm in!

I am hoping to be at shoulder (or pretty darn close) by Christmas. That means no more pixie!

I didn't go through the mullet stage this time because I kept getting it trimmed to the nape of my neck as it would be more of a bob as it grew. I'm glad I did that. It got me through that awkward stage without cutting it back to pixie again!

luthien_belewen
October 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I'm not quite at shoulder yet, but hopefully will be in the winter time. Right now, my hair is in a medium length shag, so there wasn't much of a mullet. Thankfully, the hair dresser who did my last haircut this summer did a really good job of the layers and they grew out more or less gracefully. Still, it can sometimes look a little awkward. It's such a hard stage to be in!
Good luck everyone!

joflakes
October 26th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Yay! People who are similar to me! Haha.
I don't know that I'll be at a bob, I think I'll just be in no man's land still, but it'll be better than now, that's for sure.

Bulbus
October 27th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I'm not sure I'll have a real bob by Christmas either. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. But I'm sure that I'll be able to have a decent hairstyle by early spring next year and that makes me happy to think about, since my hair has been in the growing out phase for what seems like an eternity right now. And when I have my bob the growing out will be a walk in the park - or at least that's what I like to think;)

andreamuse
October 27th, 2011, 05:47 AM
My hope is to be chin length by next spring some time! I think I'll keep the back trimmed until the rest of the hair catches up so that it will look more bob-like! I've never done this before, so I don't know how this will go! :) (This past January when I got a pixie, it was the first time I'd done that in my life)

joflakes
October 27th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Fingers crossed for you both!