PDA

View Full Version : 1 year anniversary

Blueneko
July 6th, 2008, 10:24 AM
2007:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/rogue12/Miscellaneous/16inches.jpg

2008:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/rogue12/Miscellaneous/070608.jpg

One year and two trims later. My hair is darker because of infrequent molasses soaks. My hair is brushed in both photos, but I have acquired a nice wave since joining LHC.

Wheeeee! :D

Ciel
July 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Wow that is so great progress. Your hair looks great. Congratulations :flower:

HalcyonDays
July 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
wow - that's pretty impressive. Congrats - You're hair is looking lovely.

maskedrose
July 6th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I love your hair, I must say. Great progress and I think the color is fantastic!

suicides_eve
July 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
:cheer: it looks fantastic!! that is alot of growth for one year great job

DavidN
July 6th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Congratulations on your one year LHc anniversary, Bluneko, and what wonderful growth in your hair! It is so thick, shiny, and healthy.

GlennaGirl
July 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM
That's only ONE year? Holy cow! Do you generally get fast growth?

Your hair is thick, shiny and beautiful!

Starr
July 6th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! It looks like you've some wonderful progress- the color is great!

SweetPea88
July 6th, 2008, 12:02 PM
That's some amazing progress! I love you hair Blueneko! :flower:

I'm actually planning on trying an adapted version of your molasses treatment this weekend!

Arctic
July 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Congratulations Blueneko! I joined around the same time as you did (a little later) and I've been following your progress with interest! Your hair looks wonderful and healthy, you've done a great job! :happydance:

Crysania
July 6th, 2008, 12:25 PM
great progress ! I like your darker hair color, its really pretty:smile:

MeMyselfandI
July 6th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Looks great.

I did not realize molasses makes such a difference to hair colour.

tomm
July 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Congratulations, Blueneko!! Your hair is looking stunning! I am really looking forward to seeing it when it reaches waist length (and at the rate it grows, I won't have long to wait).

:blossom:

feralnature
July 6th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Beautiful! I can only hope mine grows that fast! :)

Blueneko
July 6th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Thank you for the positive and kind comments, everyone! It is really wild that a year has already come and gone. I think it is exciting to see progress and I am glad you liked mine.

For the molasses experimenters: I only soak for about an hour then skip a wash if I can (like on a weekend). I think just rinsing allows the temporary colour to soak in. It only lasts a week or so (infrequent washes).

Now, if only I could update my photo album more often!

yogachic
July 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Great color! You have really nice hair.

DecafJane
July 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Wow, your hair looks fantastic! Congratulations on the growth. :)

jojo
July 6th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Oh my goodness, your hair is beautiful and you have grown loads too!

Fee
July 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I just love your hair, seriously, it's so healthy! Your progress is wonderful, congrats :flowers:

janaana
July 6th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Your hair looks great. I had no idea that molasses could give such a nice colour result.

morningstar
July 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Your hair looks great and I love the color. Molasses soaks? Hmmmm? interesting.

lilalong
July 7th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Your hair looks great!
Good job!

manderly
July 7th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Awesome progress!!

And you still need to tell me how to do those molasses soaks, I love the darkening.

Siava
July 7th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Beautiful!

jel
July 7th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! :cheese: Great growth and gorgeous colour!

sipnsun
July 7th, 2008, 06:21 AM
WOW! That's some amazing growth for 1 year! I love the dark color, I wonder what molasses would do to blonde hair? It looks very healthy and shiny.

paper
July 7th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Happy Anniversary :flowers: Your hair looks beautiful!

Sakura07
July 7th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Your hair looks wonderful. Congrats on a year of good growth!

morgwn
July 7th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Congrats on the growth and good health and length after one year! :flower:

FrannyG
July 7th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Stunning progress and simply lovely hair. :cloud9: Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I'm so happy that you're a member here. :flowers:

Indigo Girl
July 7th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Congratulations on your progress to date! :flower:

I love the rich brown color of your hair - it's a beautiful tone. :bluesmile

squiggyflop
July 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
great progress.. very nice hemline

girlcat36
July 7th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I have been a fan of your hair since joining LHC. It looks fantastic, and the color is gorgeous.

EvaSimone
July 7th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary!!:flower:

I've always thought your hair was so pretty and thick, as it's gotten longer I only think so more! :D

BTW this is a bit off topic but exactly how do you do your molasses soaks?? I would love to darken my hair a bit and it seems like it worked great on yours. You say that you soak it for about an hour and then skip a wash. So do you put molasses and water in a tub and then dip your hair in it for an hour? Also how much molasses do you use per water... inquiring minds want to know lol.

Angellen
July 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I really love your second pic. The color is so rich and lovely. :)

Congrats on a one-year-anniversary! Your progress is very visible.

Silver & Gold
July 8th, 2008, 02:51 PM
OMG, so thick and lovely. This gives me courage . . . some day . . .

Xandergrammy
July 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Congratulations!! Your hair is gorgeous!

janaana
July 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
It looks great; you have such a lovely colur & shine.

Alaskanheart
July 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM
CongratS on the great growth!I love love love your color and thickness.Thanks for sharing.Good job!

Blueneko
July 8th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Thank you again, everyone. I am tickled that so many of my fave long hairs showed up to praise my hair. :)

The molasses secret! Basically, I use molasses, olive oil and conditioner to make a thick brown paste. It will be drippy, so I commit to plastic bags and old towels, or I do something constructive in the tub - like scrub it. I tend to over use oils in this mix since molasses is so sticky and drying. I have added EOs and shea oil in the past, all with good results.

After an hour long soak, I rinse my hair thoroughly and do not wash/condition/ACV. I smell like molasses, but it isn't so bad. About 2 days later I wash normally. The colour is only temporary. If I skip the treament for, say, 5 weeks, I am back to a less rich brown. I am not sure how my few greys are reacting. I forget I have them.

I am not sure how blond or red hair would react to this soak. This is a brunette experiment at this point. It does, however, fade gracefully.

Patrycja
July 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM
yea!!! :cheer: you've got some great growth going on.Before you know it-you're going to be at your personal goal,whatever that may be.I'm very envious of your soft hair.Mine looks rough even though I treat it with gentle hands....:rolleyes: