PDA

View Full Version : Bangs + super long hair!

buttercupmcgee
October 25th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Style without sacrificing length!

I swoon:

http://0.tqn.com/d/movies/1/0/b/a/W/your-highness-zooey-deschanel-photo.jpg

Kayla Nyx
October 25th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Oh wow! so pretty :crush: thanks for sharing!

Regan
October 25th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Ahhhhh, I love blunt bangs soo much. Too bad they don't work with my face shape.

Clem_Dela
October 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I loooooove Zooey and her hair!

AlannaMaria
October 25th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Ugh, Zooey is so gorgeous. I love the look, but those kinds of bangs are such a PAIN on me.

candycandace
October 25th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Blunt bangs make my face look odd...but I love them on Zooey! I'm more of a side-swept bang kind if girl. :)

owlathena
October 25th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Pretty! I love bangs! I recently cut mine. I usually wear them to the side though, I think blunt bangs arn't as flattering on my face.

heartgoesboom
October 25th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Pretty! I love bangs! I recently cut mine. I usually wear them to the side though, I think blunt bangs arn't as flattering on my face.

same, i made mine thick but side swept. i keep wanting blunt but remembering how bad it looks on me coz my forehead is small

Lissandria
October 25th, 2011, 10:08 PM
My fringe is blunt like that, too! That is the type of hair I want to grow- Long, dark, wurly with blunt bangs! <33333333

Diamond.Eyes
October 25th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I've had blunt bangs like that too. They were okay :shrug:. But I definitely think side bangs flatter a heart-shaped face, like mine, much better. :)

bettylibertine
October 25th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Oh cool! I know from previous experience that I would get frustrated as hell with blunt bangs like that, but they look SO gorgeous! :crush:

HumanBean
October 25th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I think Zooey might be my hair idol. I caught the first couple episodes of her new TV show and could hardly pay attention, just kept looking at her hair.

CaityBear
October 25th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Gorgeous! I wish I could pull off blunt bangs but I can't...I do sideswept instead.

SoulOfTheSea
October 25th, 2011, 11:05 PM
This is why I can't decide to go back to my blunt bangs or not. :(

Lunarise
October 25th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I love that hairstyle! Zooey just has so many flyaways, that would drive my crazy.

ebba
October 26th, 2011, 01:11 AM
is it just me or does those bangs look like clip on bangs? it has a different shine at the top than the other hair and there is a definite line, but it could just be the bangs

freckles
October 26th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Zooey has the best bangs ever! :D

The hair was the only good thing about that film though IMO :p

Melanie Marie
October 26th, 2011, 07:19 AM
That look is perfect, actually.

bluequeequeg
October 26th, 2011, 07:34 AM
ebba, it looks a little like that to me -- they start pretty far back on her head and I agree on the line and shine.

Regardless, that is like my dream hair. Now if only I could have bangs without them getting so greasy looking after the first day.

freckles
October 26th, 2011, 07:40 AM
is it just me or does those bangs look like clip on bangs? it has a different shine at the top than the other hair and there is a definite line, but it could just be the bangs

ebba, it looks a little like that to me -- they start pretty far back on her head and I agree on the line and shine.

Regardless, that is like my dream hair. Now if only I could have bangs without them getting so greasy looking after the first day.

I think it's pretty unlikely that they are fake bangs because the very deep/very blunt bangs are practically Zooey Deschanel's trademark - she has them all the time (wait, wasn't there a film once where she didn't have them? I'm trying to remember it ...). I actually think it's quite likely that if you see a difference between the bangs and the rest of the hair, the bangs are real and the rest of the hair is fake! :lol:

buttercupmcgee
October 26th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I know, she is my hair idol! The hair in that picture is my goal.

I have bangs like hers, and the trick seems to be blunt, but with a bit of a flick at the end--almost like a side bang that covers your whole forehead. It has a bend. It doesn't just come down in a straight line toward your eye.

For example, bad bangs, even on ZD:

http://www.dailymakeover.com/appImages/galleryImages/women_celebrity_hairstyles/Zooey_Deschanel+Feb_27_2011.jpg

Good bangs that are soft, have a swoop/bend and blend with wavy hair:

http://divergentmusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/109-zooey-deschanel.jpg

When bangs have this kind of movement they are freer and more flattering to most face shapes. Few people can pull off the pin straight wall of bangs in my opinion--ESPECIALLY with wavy hair.

Chetanlaiho
October 26th, 2011, 10:03 AM
That's pretty much how I want my hair xD But I need some sidebangs as well otherwise I look weird, which takes away quite a bit of my thickness =(

moxamoll
October 26th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I'm curious about this discussion about pin straight bangs being bad. I mean, I recognize that it very much depends on face shape, but I like ZD's straight bangs in the link below - why are they "bad"? My hair is pretty much straight, so are my bangs:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8928&pictureid=117250

buttercupmcgee
October 26th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I'm curious about this discussion about pin straight bangs being bad. I mean, I recognize that it very much depends on face shape, but I like ZD's straight bangs in the link below - why are they "bad"? My hair is pretty much straight, so are my bangs:

Well, like anything it's definitely personal opinion. I just happen to think Zooey's overall style and the rest of her hair is more whimsical, and the sharp zig zag bangs don't quite compliment the romantic nature of the rest of her hair and look.

Her face comes to life more with the softer bangs.

I am very into analyzing hair--how it moves, how it compliments the face. I'm in school for it now as a matter of fact so we're learning a bit about compatible shapes and lines.

This article is somewhat interesting:

http://style.mtv.com/2011/03/22/bangs-hilary-duff-katy-perry-alexis-krauss-liz-lee/

I tend to agree with the author's opinion, but bangs, like all things with hair are super personal! Yours are very shiny and remind me of a longer version of Katy Perry's in that article:-)

freckles
October 26th, 2011, 01:58 PM

:shrug: personally I love really blunt, really straight, really BIG bangs, especially Zooey's. :) but not everyone does :)

And I also love some of the "bad" bangs in buttercupmcgee's link, and hate some of the "good" ones. :lol: It's all a matter of taste I guess.

buttercupmcgee
October 26th, 2011, 02:20 PM
:shrug: personally I love really blunt, really straight, really BIG bangs, especially Zooey's. :) but not everyone does :)

And I also love some of the "bad" bangs in buttercupmcgee's link, and hate some of the "good" ones. :lol: It's all a matter of taste I guess.

Ok, get ready for my 40 page thesis on Microscopic Bang Gradation and Resultant Aesthetics. (Thank god there's a forum where I can let my crazy come out to play!)

It's definitely a matter of opinion, but I believe that most people can pull off "blunt" bangs if they follow Zooey's lead. She actually doesn't have really straight bangs if you look closely, and that's what makes all the difference in her overall look and the versatility of the bangs. (There are lots of people who wear bangs like hers but she's the easiest example.)

She actually tends to go more with the "bent" bangs than the pin straight look, a la:

http://lasthairmodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/zooey-deschanel.jpg

Even when they are "straight" they have some sense of swoop, such as:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/2/20652/35_2008/zooey.xlarge.jpg

I think bangs like hers are under-discussed but are a great alternative for people who feel self conscious in pin straight blunt bangs, but who want a fuller look than side bangs. Her bangs are soft and blend into her hair well.

I believe most people associate the following blunt bangs:

http://www.zimbio.com/Celebrity+Hairstyles/articles/39/Celebrity+Hairstyles+Jessica+Alba+Bangs+Up)

It's a badass look, and a lot of people look great in it, but I can see why it would intimidate some. Zooey's look is a bit less intense, but still achieves the same forehead-obscuring goal.

Ok, that's all. Stay tuned for next week's over analysis, entitled Curls vs. Whurls: Ultimate Cortex Smackdown.

oktobergoud
October 26th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Aaah I love Zooey and her hair <3

Chamomile betty
October 26th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Great picture. Thanks

archel
October 26th, 2011, 10:36 PM
This is the exact hair I'm going for. :) The bangs are there, the hair will be growing for another 2 years. *sigh*

AspenSong
October 26th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I flippin' LOVE her hair. If I could pick any hair, it's always been hers. I LOVE her bangs so dang much....but my uber fine hair is just not meant for those awesome bangs. If I had that much hair dedicated to heavy bangs like that, I'd have about 4 hairs left on the rest of my hair. lol. *sigh*

Rini
October 27th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Ok, get ready for my 40 page thesis on Microscopic Bang Gradation and Resultant Aesthetics. (Thank god there's a forum where I can let my crazy come out to play!)

It's definitely a matter of opinion, but I believe that most people can pull off "blunt" bangs if they follow Zooey's lead. She actually doesn't have really straight bangs if you look closely, and that's what makes all the difference in her overall look and the versatility of the bangs. (There are lots of people who wear bangs like hers but she's the easiest example.)

She actually tends to go more with the "bent" bangs than the pin straight look, a la:

I think bangs like hers are under-discussed but are a great alternative for people who feel self conscious in pin straight blunt bangs, but who want a fuller look than side bangs. Her bangs are soft and blend into her hair well.

http://www.zimbio.com/Celebrity+Hairstyles/articles/39/Celebrity+Hairstyles+Jessica+Alba+Bangs+Up)

It's a badass look, and a lot of people look great in it, but I can see why it would intimidate some. Zooey's look is a bit less intense, but still achieves the same forehead-obscuring goal.

Ok, that's all. Stay tuned for next week's over analysis, entitled Curls vs. Whurls: Ultimate Cortex Smackdown.

LOL :lol: You're really very funny. Nothing much else to add.... (except yeah, I agree that the side-swept would seem to work for more people)

Anxiously awaiting the Ultimate Cortex Smackdown :drama:

Rosetta
October 27th, 2011, 03:22 AM
^ I must be one of the few who just cannot wear side-swept bangs :( I'd love to, but even a side-parting looks really weird on me, not to mention side-swept bangs... My hair naturally parts in the middle, and any other way just looks so strange and is such a fight against my hair's natural ways. Whenever I've cut bangs I usually end up growing them out very soon, as they have to be fairly short not to go to my eyes as I have a fairly low forehead, and I can't do side-swept. So it's usually a middle-parting-no-bangs look for me, but I think that might not be so flattering in most people's opinion, especially as one gets older...

So, buttercupmcgee, since you are the bangs expert, what kind of bangs would you recommend for someone with a low forehead and natural middle-parting? :) (Oh well, the answer is probably going to be "none"... *sigh*)

freckles
October 27th, 2011, 03:58 AM

thanks for your thoughts :) I agree that Zooey's bangs are usually incredibly well done. I'm super jealous of her! (I don't wear bangs)

Lilli
October 27th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I have two thoughts on bangs:

1. They look better for the most part on dark hair/light skin. Blonde hair/light skin doesn't give the same face-framing pop because there is much less contrast between the hair and the skin.

2. [Please don't hit me for saying this.] Bangs only look good to women. I find them adorable and if I had very dark straight hair, I would wear them myself, but I have yet to meet a man who finds them sexy or attractive. I would speculate that is because they can look cute and girlish, not sexy. I am not saying that is necessarily true for everyone, and I know that what a man likes is not everyone's interest, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

kettle
October 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM

1. They look better for the most part on dark hair/light skin. Blonde hair/light skin doesn't give the same face-framing pop because there is much less contrast between the hair and the skin.

2. [Please don't hit me for saying this.] Bangs only look good to women. I find them adorable and if I had very dark straight hair, I would wear them myself, but I have yet to meet a man who finds them sexy or attractive. I would speculate that is because they can look cute and girlish, not sexy. I am not saying that is necessarily true for everyone, and I know that what a man likes is not everyone's interest, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Regarding the only-women-liking-bangs thing, I have to disagree. (You knew someone would :p) My boyfriend is blatantly even more fond of my fringe than I am. When I mentioned possibly growing it out again in the future, he was very quick to say, "noo!!" And he never usually voices ANY opinion on my hair. He says they suit my face better, and I have to agree.

I also have a blunt-cut fringe, and I have reddish-blonde hair and pale skin. I suppose I don't know how I'd look with dark hair/pale skin instead, so can't realistically say I'd look better either way, but personally I think I can just about pull it off! (http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6203/6088556977_cf092bf029_z.jpg, http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6203/6088556301_9c0bbe7d48_z.jpg)

Taste is taste. Not hitting you :) just think it's all a matter of opinion.

I think Zooey's hair in the first post is just lovely, by the way! :D

buttercupmcgee
October 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM
^ I must be one of the few who just cannot wear side-swept bangs :( I'd love to, but even a side-parting looks really weird on me, not to mention side-swept bangs... My hair naturally parts in the middle, and any other way just looks so strange and is such a fight against my hair's natural ways. Whenever I've cut bangs I usually end up growing them out very soon, as they have to be fairly short not to go to my eyes as I have a fairly low forehead, and I can't do side-swept. So it's usually a middle-parting-no-bangs look for me, but I think that might not be so flattering in most people's opinion, especially as one gets older...

So, buttercupmcgee, since you are the bangs expert, what kind of bangs would you recommend for someone with a low forehead and natural middle-parting? :) (Oh well, the answer is probably going to be "none"... *sigh*)

Oooo...ok well there are a few factors here.

1. Low foreheads do not diminish bang potential! They should just start a little farther back into your hairline to compensate.

2. Zooey has a middle part most of the time---even in the pic that started this thread!

3. If you find that the problem is your bangs keep parting down the middle, you may have a cowlick in the front of your head. This is the only big bang prohibiter I've encountered. It's very hard to get the hair to lay correctly, and longer bangs may be your best option.

Here are a few pictures of great bangs on ladies with center parts:

Shorter, more full:

http://i.shoppinglifestyle.com/gallery/2010/01/16_NicoleRichie.jpg

Longer:

http://hairstyles.thehairstyler.com/hairstyle_views/front_view_images/10/original/9197_Jessica-Simpson-d-h_copy_2.jpg

You could also switch up your part if you're craving bangs. It's hard at first but I started doing it just after the shower and now my hair will lay any which way, no problem.

buttercupmcgee
October 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Zooey D. is the cause of intense fanboy swooning where I live in NYC. She's perceived as an adorable indie goddess with impeccable style and a doll-like face (courtesy of her bangs.) She makes the hearts of my boyfriend and all his friends to go pitter-pat. They even watch her new show as a result.

Audrey Hepburn, Feist, Jenny Lewis, Jane Birkin....lots of famous sex pots with bangs.

My BF actually prefers me in bangs as well. I grew them out last year and he asked me when I was going to re-cut them about half way through. He said one of the reasons was he prefers me with my hair back when I have bangs (vs hair back without.) He also said they make me look mysterious and French. Haha, I'll take it!

:o

Dutchesse
October 27th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I LOVE Zooey's hair! After cutting my slightly side-swept bangs a little too short, I had to wear them straight-but-not-completely-blunt like hers, to prevent them from looking too short. My hair won't be completely straight though, so I have some weird waves in it and sometimes my bangs just won't cooperate at all, curling to the wrong side of my head... But I really like the style, so I'm happy that my mis-cutting the bangs did not end in disaster:)

RitaPG
October 27th, 2011, 01:01 PM
So pretty! :thud:

Lilli
October 27th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Regarding the only-women-liking-bangs thing, I have to disagree. (You knew someone would :p) My boyfriend is blatantly even more fond of my fringe than I am. When I mentioned possibly growing it out again in the future, he was very quick to say, "noo!!" And he never usually voices ANY opinion on my hair. He says they suit my face better, and I have to agree.

I also have a blunt-cut fringe, and I have reddish-blonde hair and pale skin. I suppose I don't know how I'd look with dark hair/pale skin instead, so can't realistically say I'd look better either way, but personally I think I can just about pull it off! (http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6203/6088556977_cf092bf029_z.jpg, http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6203/6088556301_9c0bbe7d48_z.jpg)

Taste is taste. Not hitting you :) just think it's all a matter of opinion.

I think Zooey's hair in the first post is just lovely, by the way! :D

Your hair and face do have a lot of contrast, actually. And you look lovely. But of course, what else could I say in response? :p

Aerin
October 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Sigh, I love my hair with side-swept, full bangs, but I have a ginormous cowlick on one side, so even after blow-drying/straight ironing it doesn't like to behave like a normal fringe. When it does it's wonderful though. I think next time I get the urge to do something different and get a fringe cut in I'll try to buy a nice faux-bang hairpiece so I can play with it and then go back to normal... I keep looking at these, maybe for christmas
http://www.hairextensions.com/product.php?productid=251&cat=41&page=1

AlabasterAlice
October 27th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Bangs look cute on some girls. :) I don't like them on me though. My husband loves how they can look, so yes, some guys like them. Oh! And if you want to see some cute bangs, take a look at UltraBella's bangs. They're pretty. <3

heartgoesboom
October 27th, 2011, 02:47 PM

so? okay, most men don't like bangs... but most men don't like really long hair either... will i cut my hair? it's not like men won't like you just because you have bangs. i don't understand we have to keep this in mind.

Maverick494
October 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM
[Please don't hit me for saying this.] Bangs only look good to women. I find them adorable and if I had very dark straight hair, I would wear them myself, but I have yet to meet a man who finds them sexy or attractive. I would speculate that is because they can look cute and girlish, not sexy. I am not saying that is necessarily true for everyone, and I know that what a man likes is not everyone's interest, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I won't bore you with a lot of text. Just a question and pictures to illustrate:

Question: do you think men would find this woman attractive?
Pictures *click on the thumbnails to enlarge*
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8522/holamarch895.th.jpg (http://img849.imageshack.us/i/holamarch895.jpg/)http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4415/000000045660paulinapori.th.jpg (http://img839.imageshack.us/i/000000045660paulinapori.jpg/)http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7149/1988gwpfallparisian.th.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/1988gwpfallparisian.jpg/)http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7046/cosmoapr87wmephisto.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/cosmoapr87wmephisto.jpg/)
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8338/graffiti198805cover.th.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/graffiti198805cover.jpg/)http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8064/hellouk1989pg66.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/i/hellouk1989pg66.jpg/)http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7252/heralibipressphoto.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/i/heralibipressphoto.jpg/)

Alternatively you can view the album here (http://imageshack.us/g/849/holamarch895.jpg/)

Kristin
October 27th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I can't even watch her new show because it makes me want to cut my blunt bangs back. I had them last year and LOVED them, but they are a pain to grow out and not versatile at all.

As far as men not finding them attractive, I beg to differ; my ex absolutely loved my blunt bangs (though he isn't really a fan of the extremely short, piece-y variety which I never had).

buttercupmcgee
October 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I respect your opinion but I disagree. I won't bore you with a lot of text. Just a question and pictures to illustrate:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8522/holamarch895.th.jpg (http://img849.imageshack.us/i/holamarch895.jpg/)http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4415/000000045660paulinapori.th.jpg (http://img839.imageshack.us/i/000000045660paulinapori.jpg/)http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7149/1988gwpfallparisian.th.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/1988gwpfallparisian.jpg/)http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7046/cosmoapr87wmephisto.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/cosmoapr87wmephisto.jpg/)
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8338/graffiti198805cover.th.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/graffiti198805cover.jpg/)http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8064/hellouk1989pg66.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/i/hellouk1989pg66.jpg/)http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7252/heralibipressphoto.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/i/heralibipressphoto.jpg/)

Alternatively you can view the album here (http://imageshack.us/g/849/holamarch895.jpg/)

How could I forget Paulina?! Nice add. Her bangs are so chic and sexy.

xoxophelia
October 27th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I guess I will be the odd one out and say I really dislike her hair there ^_^'

Lilli
October 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I'm glad I could liven up the thread and be the flogging girl. :)

Emmental
October 27th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I like seeing modern styles with long hair; it is my preference.

Can I giggle that these are all from another decade? :) Yes, attractive is attractive, but it made me chuckle.

I think it's pretty unlikely that they are fake bangs because the very deep/very blunt bangs are practically Zooey Deschanel's trademark - she has them all the time (wait, wasn't there a film once where she didn't have them? I'm trying to remember it ...).

I didn't know which picture it was, but I had to look her up with no bangs. Interesting (http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-171624/zooey-deschanel.jpg).

Capybara
October 27th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I love bangs with long hair. It makes up-dos more versatile, too!

Lilli, I can see where you're coming from. Some men, not all, don't have a preference either way. Some, though, do. My boyfriend prefers bangs on me, but doesn't like them on my best friend. He notices. It's all a matter of persepective, I guess it depends on the guy :) :flower:

Lilli
October 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I love bangs with long hair. It makes up-dos more versatile, too!

Lilli, I can see where you're coming from. Some men, not all, don't have a preference either way. Some, though, do. My boyfriend prefers bangs on me, but doesn't like them on my best friend. He notices. It's all a matter of persepective, I guess it depends on the guy :) :flower:

Thanks, but I wasn't really hurt. Just being silly. I always enjoy the outrage that follows when anyone says, "Men don't like _____ hair." ;) I think long hair and bangs is adorable!

Rosetta
October 28th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Thank you so much for your response & help, buttercupmcgee! :blossom:

As for the later debate, imo one really can't (and shouldn't) make blanket statements like "bangs only look good to women"... Obviously, everything depends on the whole picture; on some people, bangs look better than no bagns, on others it's the other way round; simple as that.

xoxophelia
October 28th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I can vouch that the guys who are attracted to ZD are also attracted to her bangs. It isn't for everybody obviously but some people (male and female) really do like it.

buttercupmcgee
October 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I can vouch that the guys who are attracted to ZD are also attracted to her bangs. It isn't for everybody obviously but some people (male and female) really do like it.

I used to work in an artistic field, and have recently migrated into a more traditional one. At my old job it was blunt bangs and bold fashion for miles. Here I'm the only one with hair like this.

I think it's more the indie/artsy guys who have a thing for Zooey and the bangs look. It's a funkier, more vintage type look.

I also notice most of the fashion bloggers I follow sport blunt bangs, while a lot of the food and mommy and travel bloggers do not.

The look has more of a following with the art and fashion crowd I think.

kettle
October 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Your hair and face do have a lot of contrast, actually. And you look lovely. But of course, what else could I say in response? :p

Hehe :p this is true! You are allowed to disagree, I'm sure there are some who do - I'm sounding overly serious, it's really all just a matter of what you yourself prefer, of course :)
Hope you're not feeling flogged. I think your opinion came across like a bit of a generalisation, which might be why people are jumping in in defence. As I already said, it's a matter of taste on an individual basis. Some prefer a fringe, some don't. Some prefer short punky hair, some don't. My boyfriend prefers bobs on women; other men I know adore long hair on women. You get the idea. There are tons of threads on LHC on this sort of thing.

All generalisations are a load of rubbish! :p

kellinaturalmom
October 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Hey! Anyone remember "Elf"?

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/breesays/default/zooey-blonde-elf--large-msg-124785061386.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xqU8aCV8ADc/TRNkbmPqeZI/AAAAAAAAAio/j7Xcz5fYL2M/s1600/elfbitch.gif

kellinaturalmom
October 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
wait, wasn't there a film once where she didn't have them? I'm trying to remember it ...

See above.

LaurelSpring
October 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I wish I had that much thickness.

freckles
October 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
See above.

Yep, that's what I was thinking of! Thanks :) It's so strange seeing her without bangs.

kellinaturalmom
October 28th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Yep, that's what I was thinking of! Thanks :) It's so strange seeing her without bangs.

I know! And blonde! Her dark brown hair and bangs really make her eyes POP!:blueeek:

jacqueline101
October 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I like those bangs and had them in the past. I like to change my bangs from time to time. Right now I have pixie bangs. I like my bangs and I like yours too.

jacqueline101
October 28th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I love those style of bangs. I've had them in the past I currently have pixie bangs.

thelittlestdoc
October 28th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I've cut my bangs like that multiple times, but they're very prone to oiliness and I hate the additional washes I have to go through to keep them looking nice.

But let's be honest, they're adorable and I'll probably cut them again :D

aspartame gram
October 29th, 2011, 01:49 AM
ZD's bangs do look adorable on her. It is rather strange to see her as a blonde and fringe-less.

Completely agree that bangs look really good on some people and for others it's really difficult to maintain. Like myself. I WISH I could wear them. I have a miniscule forehead and a VERY roman nose. It doesn't make for a very good combination. :( Not being able to properly style my hair also makes things difficult. Parting my hair to one side is sort of difficult since my natural part is in the middle. And my hair remembers this and rebels! How dare it!

I'd love to look more indy/artsy but not sure how I can get that look. :(

aspartame gram
October 29th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Er indie* Oops. Haha!

Carina
October 29th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I had bangs for 38 years and will not go back.
I think it looks awesome on others.But my bangs drove me nuts when the curls showed up.

wtchmel
October 29th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I like that pic. I've only grown out my bangs once in my life (i'm 45) about 5 years ago, not good on my face. I have a large elvis/masculine forehead, and some wrinkles, so, bangs for me it is. I just thnk i look way better with them.

Lize
October 29th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I don't wanna have bangs because I love the one length look, and I have grown mine out. They are currently at collarbone length. But bangs suit me very well. The last time I saw a movie with Zooey Deschanel I had serious bang-chopping-urges! Serious urges. :)

Xandergrammy
October 29th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Our own arc691 has very, very long hair and bangs and she and her hairstyles are just gorgeous. I have a pesky cowlick in the middle of my forehead, so bangs are not a good look for me. Every time I see a picture of arc691's hair, I wish so much that I could wear bangs. :inlove: