PDA

View Full Version : Protective hairstyles other than braids.

Orangerthanred
October 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I can't braid at all, not even the most basic sort of braid in the whole world. I've tried to learn since I was a five year old playing with barbies, yet I can never get the hang of it.

Anyway, I have a problem with split ends. They reappear in my hair a week after I cut them off, so I'm thinking of wearing my hair up so it won't get damaged.

So... what are some protective hairstyles other than braids?

Madora
October 25th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I can't braid at all, not even the most basic sort of braid in the whole world. I've tried to learn since I was a five year old playing with barbies, yet I can never get the hang of it.

Anyway, I have a problem with split ends. They reappear in my hair a week after I cut them off, so I'm thinking of wearing my hair up so it won't get damaged.

So... what are some protective hairstyles other than braids?

You could try: sock bun, Gibson Tuck, French roll, or a half up. You'll find directions for them in the hairstyling section of the Articles area (grey menu bar, above).

Orangerthanred
October 25th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Would they work on shoulder length-ish hair? Do they require ponytail bands? [I don't have any that work, my hair breaks them]

gossamer
October 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I think a French roll would work really well on shoulder length hair - mostly because it's a nightmare to try and do on my longer hair. You'd need pins for that, not a ponytail band. You could also probably do a single twist cinnabun with pins.

Orangerthanred
October 25th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I think a French roll would work really well on shoulder length hair - mostly because it's a nightmare to try and do on my longer hair. You'd need pins for that, not a ponytail band. You could also probably do a single twist cinnabun with pins.

Thank-you! :)