PDA

View Full Version : Is this a boar bristle brush?

Shona
October 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I've been using what i thought was a BBB for a while now, and i know that if it isn't real boar bristle you shouldnt use it because it can be bad for hair.

So is this a BBB? am i being really silly asking this question? after all, it DOES say KENT, REAL bristle, made in england. but does that make it boar bristle? or should it say boar bristle on it?Sorry if this is a silly question.

here you go:confused::
http://i51.tinypic.com/9bi39x.jpg

Thanks!

isabelx
October 25th, 2011, 02:57 PM
It looks like one to me :)

Elysium
October 25th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I think so, I had one of those in my hand in Boots a few days ago and it felt real too :D

Madora
October 25th, 2011, 03:25 PM
It certainly looks like the real deal. Kent makes a variety of quality boar bristle brushes. Does it say 100% pure boar bristle on the brush? Sometimes it is marked on the brush, or the box that it came in, or somewhere on the packaging (if you still have it).

It is hard to tell from the pic whether it has nylon mixed in with the natural bbb.

jojo
October 25th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Certainly does look like one to me. Try googling Kent wooden handled boar bristle brush and see what you get.

archel
October 25th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Yup, I've seen that BBB on their website.

Corylina
October 26th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Yes, I've got almost the same at home^^

heidi w.
October 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
It does appear to be one, but the packaging should've stated 100% boar bristles, or whatever the makeup is. They do make BBB's with a few nylon bristle co-mingled with Boar Bristles.

A BBB is not intended for detangling hair. And for most, a BBB does not penetrate the thickness of one's hair; and therefore requires separate brushing of the underside and topside of the hair.

A BBB should never, ever be used on wet hair.

This doesn't look quite as thick-bristled as mine, but it's fine as a BBB nevertheless.

heidi w.