PDA

View Full Version : Visual hair typing?

darkwaves
March 14th, 2008, 08:18 AM
On the old LHC, there was a link to pages of photos with various hair types. I don't think these were actually on LHC, but perhaps on a member's page as I recognized several of the model/examples.

Does anyone know where this is?

It was great to direct new members to, as the visual hair typing is a little clearer -- or at least explains the confusion better -- than the written descriptions.

darkwaves
March 14th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Talking to myself this morning!

I found it, linked in AprilElf's thread: Visual Hair Typing (http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html)

Alley Cat
March 17th, 2008, 04:03 AM
The link doesn't work. I can't remember what information I had in my old profile , can't remember how to work it all out, and I was never really sure if I even had it all right in the first place. :rolleyes:
Good thing we don't have Guru's in our names anymore, you think some of us who have been here this long might know these things by now :silly:

Sarahmoon
March 17th, 2008, 04:21 AM
The link does work for me. To see the pictures, click on 1A 1B 1C etc. at the top of the page.

Alley Cat
March 17th, 2008, 04:51 AM
The link does work for me. To see the pictures, click on 1A 1B 1C etc. at the top of the page.
Doesn't work for me it says problem loading page. :confused:

tiny_teesha
March 17th, 2008, 06:14 AM
i see them fine....
I also now realise i am probably more so a 2a not 2b....hmmmm

Alley Cat
March 17th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I found the hair typing link in the articles
Fia's Hairtyping System (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=5)
That was what I was really looking for. :shrug:
I realize the thread tittle said visual link but I just needed all the info so I could re post my details. :)

Unregistered
March 18th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Where can I find the descriptions for the hair classifier's?

Delila
March 18th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Where can I find the descriptions for the hair classifier's?

Here's a thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=418&highlight=hair+typing) that's got a description.

I think it's on the site somewhere else, but did this quick search because I remembered that the issue had come up before.

tiny_teesha
March 18th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Great my mum spotted a loose ringlet at my nape....WHAT AM I?!!?! I'll stick in the middle, 2b- i think it is easiest! lol

Morag
March 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Thank you, Darkwaves. The link worked for me and was very helpful!

piffyanne
December 12th, 2011, 01:21 PM
sorry to Frankenstein this poor thread, but the pictures on Fia's hairtyping system are all dead. Is there somewhere else I should be going to see examples, or can it be restored to a state of usefulness? I had the devil of a time hairtyping from text (I'm a picture kinda gal) when I joined, and now I've discovered hitherto unknown wurls, someone says I'm probably a 2c now, and I want to see what that looks like, too! :)

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
sorry to Frankenstein this poor thread, but the pictures on Fia's hairtyping system are all dead. Is there somewhere else I should be going to see examples, or can it be restored to a state of usefulness? I had the devil of a time hairtyping from text (I'm a picture kinda gal) when I joined, and now I've discovered hitherto unknown wurls, someone says I'm probably a 2c now, and I want to see what that looks like, too! :)

I agree! I am really unsure where my curls truly fall, and would like to see some examples! :)

krissykins
December 13th, 2011, 12:50 AM
You have the option to search for members with a specific hairtype if you go to the Members list and do an advanced search. I will often double check by searching for members when I post in a hairtyping thread.

Finoriel
December 13th, 2011, 09:08 AM
The pics on that guide are dead since over a year unfortunately and we can't restore them because it's Fia's site and not on LHC.
We've been trying to make a new guide on LHC since quite a while :wink: you'll find the link for submitting a pic in my signature.
But sadly it's not been many people contributing with pics so far, and some of the rare hairtypes are still missing, but we'll assemble the photos we already got into a new guide soon, to have at least a temporary version to work with.
If you need quick typing help you could just make a "hairtyping help needed" thread on the mane forum.
HTH :flower:

Anje
December 13th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Finoriel, what types do you still need? It might be worth listing them to encourage participation by people who can still help.