PDA

View Full Version : Hair on Bathroom-tiles **PICS**

katienoonan
October 25th, 2011, 07:24 AM
When I'm sat in the shower, singing to myself and letting my conditioner do its thang :knit:.... sometimes I make pretty patterns with shed hairs on the bathroom tiles... I know it seems a little crazy, but it gives me a great idea of what kind of condition my hair is in, what variety of splits and thickness and length I have... Plus it helps prevent blocked plugs! :D

Here are some pictures from todays shower.... featuriiiing....

A Fairy Knot! Natures greatest mystery! :cheese:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8503&pictureid=117099

A taper for all to seee! :cheer:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8503&pictureid=117100

And Finally, hairs of Very different thickness!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8503&pictureid=117101

:bow: thankyou, thankyou! :bow:

Has anyone else got some tile pictures to share?

Or ultra super MEGA split pictures?

:drama:

Shorty89
October 25th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Your hair looks like red wire. It's gorgeous even when it's just shed strands. It reminds me of some sort of art.

katienoonan
October 25th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Shorty, your hair is absolutely breathtaking! :thud: Speaking of art, checkout your updos!

XxXx

joflakes
October 25th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I'm pleased to see that it isn't just me that does this! Haha.

alyanna
October 25th, 2011, 07:49 AM
It's gorgeous even when it's just shed strands. It reminds me of some sort of art.

There is such art! That last picture looks like an exhibit I saw at the Museum of Modern Art in NY.

Except that exhibit was pubic hair on bars of soap :D

LaurelSpring
October 25th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I do this all of the time. I call it my hair mosaic. :eek:

katienoonan
October 25th, 2011, 07:59 AM
There is such art! That last picture looks like an exhibit I saw at the Museum of Modern Art in NY.

I wish I had pubic hair to try this with, hahaha! :eyebrows:

MsBubbles
October 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM

Not Yoko Ono again...?

Alaia
October 25th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Not Yoko Ono again...?

:spitting:

Mythica
October 25th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I giggled. :laugh:
So glad I'm not the only one who does that.

racrane
October 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Aw, it looks so pretty. My hair is so fine it doesn't show whatsoever. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :D

alyanna
October 25th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Not Yoko Ono again...?

Heehee.
No. This was quite a few years ago before the Yoko Ono exhibit I think.

ravenreed
October 25th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I do this too and call it my abstract hair art. I shed a lot in the shower and in an effort to keep it out of the drain, I put it up on the wall. I try to remember to take it down after every shower but occasionally I forget. It drives my sons NUTS, which I confess is half the fun.

Shona
October 25th, 2011, 02:13 PM
hahahah, this is so strange, i've never really seen anyone else's hair this close up... it seems super thick! maybe i never realised how much thicker someones individual strands could be! mine must be half that and pretty much see through! beautiful strands by the way!

Of the Fae
October 25th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I thought it was weird to have different thickness of hair when I noticed it on my own head, but you have it too :) Awesome

Love the fairyknot!

Fencai
October 25th, 2011, 02:18 PM
YAY! To making hair spiders! Not only do I do it, but ifDBF and i happen to be there together... HE will play with my shed hair, and when his was long he would swirl them together... LOL

Keepitgrowing29
October 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Abstract Hair Art! Yep that's what it is! : )

katienoonan
October 25th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I do this too and call it my abstract hair art. I shed a lot in the shower and in an effort to keep it out of the drain, I put it up on the wall. I try to remember to take it down after every shower but occasionally I forget. It drives my sons NUTS, which I confess is half the fun.

I do this too, sometimes I have to ball it up and stick it to the tiles on the wall... My dad HATES hair so I always HAVE to take it down... it was great at university though, I lived with 3boys and none of them were particularly fussy.. One of them had OCD and would clean daily anyway ;)

I thought it was weird to have different thickness of hair when I noticed it on my own head, but you have it too :) Awesome

Love the fairyknot!

It always looks thicker when it's stuck to the tiles... one of my sisters has hair raven black and twice my thickness.. it's so beautiful! :crush:

YAY! To making hair spiders! Not only do I do it, but ifDBF and i happen to be there together... HE will play with my shed hair, and when his was long he would swirl them together... LOL

Thats so sweet! The only hair my DBF leaves behind is usually his pubes :p

owlathena
October 25th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hahaha I do this too.

SoulOfTheSea
October 25th, 2011, 10:34 PM
:spitting:

I'm with you on this one, that was hilarious!!!

:rollin:

bettylibertine
October 25th, 2011, 10:47 PM
:laugh: this is fantastic!

HumanBean
October 25th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I have always done this! So relieved somehow to hear that this is common!

sherigayle
October 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
When I wasn't shedding much, I would swirl them around on the wall. I've been losing so much lately that I ball them up into hair hamsters(way too huge to be spiders) to keep it out of the drain.

Maelyssa
October 26th, 2011, 06:26 PM
LOL this is too cute! And here I was thinking I was the only one that did such a thing. And when I went through a huge shed this past spring & early summer you wouldn't believe the size of the hair balls I would collect from the shower wall.

GeoJ
October 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I do that too! I never took any photos of the swired around hairs, though. I do have a photo of a mega split end, but I don't remember where I stored it.

celebriangel
October 27th, 2011, 04:39 AM
That's awesome :)

Also, it confirms for me that I'm definitely not an M. All except the finest strand were coarser than the vast majority of my hairs. Thanks! I was wondering about that, since my hair is not F and is also bizarrely resilient...

jojo
October 27th, 2011, 05:52 AM
How cute, I am glad im not the only one!