PDA

View Full Version : To Bang Or Not To Bang?

ebba
October 25th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Haha I like my title ;p

So anyway i just wanted to make a new topic about deciding to re-cut in my bangs or not

I have a huge "fivehead" and i have usually had bangs. Now my hair is too my chin and I don't know whether or not I should cut them in or not :confused:
Now without:
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/Photoon2011-10-02at20002.jpg

Old with:
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/bangs.jpg
I like the look but it is super annoying to have to straighten it & i have a giant cowlick

anyone else have this problem??

Kyla
October 25th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Personally I prefer the no-bangs look. Your forehead looks fine. :) Also, straightening with heat (which is what I presume you do with your bangs) is damaging to the hair, and also high maintenance.

Ecliafr
October 25th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I think I prefer you without bangs! But then again, I'm not a big fan of bangs in general :D

kidari
October 25th, 2011, 02:14 AM
another vote for no bangs : )

Blond On Blond
October 25th, 2011, 02:15 AM
I like the bangs better :)

Dragon
October 25th, 2011, 02:17 AM
I'm probably no help but I think they both look good.

bettylibertine
October 25th, 2011, 02:24 AM
I think they both suit you, but I prefer the no bangs. :)

vatikagirl
October 25th, 2011, 03:07 AM
No bangs, no bangs. Though the bangs look good but the no bangs make you look real smart and approachable.

Faepirate
October 25th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Definitely no bangs! I think your face looks much more open and balanced without the bangs. And just all-around suits you better. :]

Bazinga
October 25th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I really like the first picture, the look without bangs. It looks very good and it seems to be better for your hair because you don't have to straighten it.

oktobergoud
October 25th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I vote for... sideswept/asymmetrical bangs ;)

CarpeDM
October 25th, 2011, 04:00 AM
I like the way your hair is now, it has a nice wave to it and it is so thick!

Fufu
October 25th, 2011, 04:21 AM
You could carry off beautifully without bangs.

With bangs, you still look good, cuter in my opinion.

It depends on what style you will like to go after, an adorable look or mature look.

lizdini
October 25th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I vote no bangs! The bangs are cute, but honestly I think they make your forehead look bigger than with out them. (not weird big or anything, but it draws attention to the area).

luciferia
October 25th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Definitely no bangs. Not fond of bangs in general. You look good either way, but I highly prefer the no bangs look. ^^

Bulbus
October 25th, 2011, 05:07 AM
I vote for no bangs:)

Audrey Horne
October 25th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Bangs bangs bangs

xoxophelia
October 25th, 2011, 05:20 AM
I vote no bangs. I think without more focus is on your eyes where as with bangs the focus is on the middle of your face/nose. Both look good but to me without is a bit better.

Nymphea
October 25th, 2011, 05:20 AM
No bangs. They suit you well, yes, but I prefer the look and shape of your face without bangs. Also, as it's already said, bangs need high maintenance, so that's one more reason for no bangs.

However, you'll decide what's best! ;)

Lapin
October 25th, 2011, 07:05 AM

^this!

I think you look nice either way, and from the range of opinions I'd say that you do! But bangs are fun and they make your hair more versatile, and if you get those long sweepy bangs growing them out isn't *too* awful.

I love your waves, btw :D

UltraBella
October 25th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I vote for bangs ! They look great on you !!

Sweetie
October 25th, 2011, 07:11 AM
you're beautiful!! I'm on the "no-bangs side"!! I have a very big forehead too, but I've always loved it!

newbeginning
October 25th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Both look good but styling bangs is a huge pain as is growing them out so I'd stick with no bangs.

bluegirl
October 25th, 2011, 07:13 AM
You look pretty with either, honestly. But I'd say the no bangs. It's definitely easier to manage and it's a look that works for you.

lapushka
October 25th, 2011, 08:31 AM
No bangs, definitely!

redmj
October 25th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I must agree no bangs.

Dark Rosaleen
October 25th, 2011, 08:39 AM
The bangs are cute but I prefer the no-bangs look. You have a pretty face so why hide it?

auroraclio
October 25th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I say without

CavySong
October 25th, 2011, 08:48 AM
As a portrait artist, I find your forehead gives graceful balance to the rest of your face, drawing attention to your lovely eyes and smile. The side swept look is very becoming on you. You are a true renaissance beauty: renaissance women used to pluck or shave their foreheads to achieve what you have naturally.

Topaz
October 25th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I vote for No Bangs. It shows off your beautiful eyes so much better!

Maktub
October 25th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I vote no bangs too ! I think it's prettier with your face and looks more natural

moxamoll
October 25th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I have bangs myself and I like your look both ways... but I think I have to vote no bangs too! I agree that you look very mature and sophisticated without and a bit child-like with the straight bangs.

However, sideswept bangs could be a more grown-up option, if you don't mind them. Mine won't stay without product and I hate having them fall in my eyes, so I go for straight bangs too. I also have a wee cowlick which I straight iron every day. I don't mind because that hair gets cut every 6 weeks, so damage isn't such a big deal.

I'm sure you'll look fantastic whatever you choose, you're very pretty!

Alaia
October 25th, 2011, 09:40 AM
:lol: at the title.

I like no bangs, but you can certainly pull off either! :D

Inching Along
October 25th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I really love your look with no bangs. You look more approachable and open, like you would enjoy meeting people and be so friendly. I think no bangs helps to show off your eyes and your smile. And your forehead is not too large! I think I always thought that of myself because I had always had bangs. I am growing my bangs out (again!) and like the way they naturally sweep to the side (or should I say, curl to the side!). You can use your grown-out bangs as accents when you put your hair up. But of course, it's ultimately your decision. :o)

Amber_Maiden
October 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I like the no bangs look, personally.
By the way, love the thread title!!!

LVue86
October 25th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Without bangs! We can see your pretty face without the bangs it gives you a softer look and in my opinion its easier to manage.

Toadstool
October 25th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Without is sexy, with is cute.

irishlady
October 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I much much prefer the look without a fringe/bangs. In my opinion the fringe is just too severe.

That's just my opinion though, do what makes you happy.

share801
October 25th, 2011, 11:53 AM
No bangs, definitely!

Yozhik
October 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Another vote for no bangs. :flower:

I feel like your look now is more sophisticated and glam than with, which is cute.

MonaLisa
October 25th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I like both, but i vote no bangs!

its 60-40 :)

AnqeIicDemise
October 25th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Think about it for a while and if its still nagging you, do it.

I have a three head and I cut bangs in after two months of agonizing over it. Couldn't be happier, even if all I do is keep them tucked behind my ear.

ETA: Am I the only one who doesn't find blunt bangs childish? I blame my adoration of Asian culture. Females of all ages have blunt bangs in the culture and I no longer associate blunt bangs = little girls. (I think the only age I see no bangs on is the white-haired group.)

ssjhotau2
October 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I vote no bangs or side swept / face framing bangs.

I think the blunt bangs are cute, but makes your lower face look longer (or is that just the pose?), and pic with no bangs looks a little more carefree and natural.

I'm also struggling with the "bang or no bang" issue. -I also love the title btw :p
I feel like my hair just hangs around my face and they don't compliment each other. So I completely understand where you are coming from

Accalia
October 25th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Definitely no bangs! :)

Aqua Gal
October 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Of course you are gorgeous either way, but I love the no bangs look.

Maybe keep some wispies between cheekbone & chin to soften your face as your hair grows.

honeyblonde
October 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM

I agree with oktobergoud!

Grillz
October 25th, 2011, 03:26 PM
What if, instead of bangs that go straight across your forehead so bluntly, you did something softer and in-between, kind of like this:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc493/kcwik886/LHC/Colorance_LowlightsImage_2008.jpg

My bangs are like this and I can either part my hair farther to the side for a more side-swept look or closer to the middle like the picture. I have a cowlick but if I comb my bangs into the part I want when they're still wet I can get it to do what I want a liiiittle bit better. I think with your curly hair it could look really nice and give you a little more around your face like you're looking for. I know that I'm not comfortable with my forehead and face being all exposed so I tend to like a little somethin somethin up front. :)

ETA: Sorry, guys. I tried 4 times to adjust the size and it came out giant every single time. uuuurrrggggh

racrane
October 25th, 2011, 03:31 PM
My forehead is kinda like yours. :D I prefer no bangs myself because I hate straightening and I'm all about being lazy. But both look lovely on you. :)

QueenOfTheSkye
October 25th, 2011, 03:43 PM
You look super-pretty with and without bangs, but frankly, I hold the opinion that people who look good without should remain without, for some of the time, anyway. (This is partially jealousy; I look bizarre without bangs.)

jojo
October 25th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I have a HUGE forehead and like either on you, the no bangs shows your eyes better but I like the bang one too. I also have the cow flick thing going on too, I cut bangs in mine and they just grow too fast, so Im going for a side fringe/bangs would never grow mine very long again.

MissManda
October 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I think you look good with either style TBH. :D You and your hair will be gorgeous no matter what you choose.

Earelia
October 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I like you with no bangs and you have a nice forehead! Besdies, I think the bangs take away from your prettiness and shape of your face. Bangs look nice, but no bangs seem a lot nicer.

DakarNick
October 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM
With! I love bangs! But I'm in the minority on this one.

CurlyZ
October 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
You look really good with bangs, but I think that WL hair will look better on you without bangs!
And you'll have less work with it :D

KwaveT
October 25th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I vote without bangs also. I just like the look better and it is definitely less maintenance.

fairystar32
October 25th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I find the word bangs, really weird LOL
Anyway. I prefer without, you have a pretty slim face and it looks great without..

katydid317
October 25th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I think you look good either way, but without bangs is definitely a more "grown-up" look. I'd go without for a bit longer and if you're still feeling tempted, go with a long side-swept bang. Then it's not so hard to grow out or if you want you can still go with blunt straight across bangs.

I have bangs and am constantly debating growing them out, but usually end up trimming them. I like how they look but I hate that people think I'm 18.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 25th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Not to offend, but with bangs, you look about 14 or 15 >.>
I vote; No bangs. You are beautiful. :) By the way.

Arashi
October 25th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I vote for bangs, but not the thick, blunt bangs... I think wispy bangs or sideswept/asymmetrical as others have said would look great on you.

SoulOfTheSea
October 25th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I have this EXACT problem all the time, I have wavy hair as well, and I used to have bangs like that for like four years, and I would straighten them every single day, and I have a cowlick too, and it was such a pain. Right now I am growing them out, and they are down to my chin, and sometimes I just hate the look of my bangs right now, so plain and annoying, so I'm always so indecisive. I say either on on you looks great, the major deciding factor is just if you want to deal with all of the maintenance.