PDA

View Full Version : OMG dove intensive repair

paintedhorse
October 24th, 2011, 09:52 PM
This product is so good I just have to tell everyone all about it like how come I didnt use this before insert facepalm here lol. Ok so I have been conditioning with Dove damage therapy intensive repair and my hair loves it! I no longer need to oil my hair! It leaves my hair soft and not dry at all and thats saying something because the bottum half of my hair is old dye. I will try the shampoo when I run out of my other. I just had to tell everyone about it.:D

summerstarlet
October 24th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I looooove this stuff! I'm going back to it as soon as I run out of my current Dove Volume Repair! It's awesome! Granted my hair really likes cones but it is awesome!

et--cetera
October 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM
hmm, wonder what the ingredients are...

How much was it where you live?

ladyfey
October 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Here you go: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactic Acid, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Petrolatum, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Mineral Oil, Gluconolactone, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Trehalose, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-180M, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, PEG-150 Disterate, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200).

paintedhorse
October 24th, 2011, 10:16 PM
hmm, wonder what the ingredients are...

How much was it where you live?

ladyfey thanks for posting the ingredients lol I was just about to get my bottle. It was around $4 something at walmart and so worth it!

et--cetera
October 24th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Thank you both for such speedy answers

<3OnHerSleeve
October 24th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I'll have to try this once I run out of my current conditioner (I have 7 conditioner bottles so I really need to use at least one of them up before I can justify trying anything new :P)

PorkChop
October 25th, 2011, 03:10 AM
I use it too. I think its that one anyway

Avital88
October 25th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Dove is really good, i buy it all the time, i bought a big half liter bottle the other day for just 10 shekels. that is 1.50 dollar..cheapest i've ever found,in Europe its more expensive.Now i just need to start condition my hair more often :))

Pumpkin
October 25th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Funny that you posted this. I just started using the shampoo and conditioner you mentioned, about 9 days ago. I love it too!! And I thought my hair hated cones, but it seems to really like this stuff. I can tell a difference in the condition of my hair...(note to self...take a new picture)

I also love the smell.

paintedhorse
October 25th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Funny that you posted this. I just started using the shampoo and conditioner you mentioned, about 9 days ago. I love it too!! And I thought my hair hated cones, but it seems to really like this stuff. I can tell a difference in the condition of my hair...(note to self...take a new picture)

I also love the smell.

I know my hair is the same way. I love this stuff, and it smell wonderful!!:D

heartgoesboom
October 25th, 2011, 06:29 AM
i'm gonna try this!

Lielananna
October 25th, 2011, 06:41 AM
My sister recommended this to me a few weeks ago when I was getting really frustrated with the way my hair was being (extremely uncooperative) and after just one wash I fell completely in love with it. My hair is back to being cooperative and smooth and only tangling every once in a while instead of every time I finish running a comb or brush through it.

Lapin
October 25th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Funny you should mention this: I was just giving it a long, hard look at Target last night. I only didn't get it because it has "parfum" in it, and fragrances make me itchy :/

Do you know *every* conditioner target carries contains "parfum"? :mad: I also think it's funny that it is usually listed as "parfum (fragarence)." I still might get a sample bottle to try though...

Coffeebug
October 25th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I'll have to give that a go if it helps win the war against tangles!

LittleOrca
October 25th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'm glad this stuff worked for someone. :)

MonaLisa
October 25th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'm hooked!
When i go shopping, I always get a pair of shampoo- conditioner all herby/oily/no cones + a shampoo - conditioner, all cones that sounds/looks promising....next one's gonna be dove, never tried before!

ladonna
October 25th, 2011, 01:12 PM
My DH bought me some since I didn't specify what I needed. It made my hair feel really dry and almost sticky, I also had a hard time washing it out, it was like I poured a bunch of glue on my hair. It's sitting on my kitchen counter so I can give it to the next person I see.

Enigma
October 25th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Have any of your tried Aussie Moist or Aussie 3MM? How does it compare to this? Am intrigued by this conditioner....

Fencai
October 25th, 2011, 02:26 PM
just picked up a bottle of this two nights ago. It'll get used tomorrow morning for the first time.
I remember using some last summer and loved it.

(I however do NOT love Tresseme without the scilcone and stuff in it. Both DBF and I found it drying)

supercupcakexx
October 25th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Have any of your tried Aussie Moist or Aussie 3MM? How does it compare to this? Am intrigued by this conditioner....

I love Aussie 3MM, it's very rich and nice. It says to leave it on for 3 minutes, but I like to use it as a deep conditioner too. ^_^

I know I used the Aussie Moist for a while when I found some on sale, and it seemed to work fine. I don't remember anything specifically good or bad, but it did seem pretty hydrating. This was when I was on the standard S&C routine, though.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Id try this if I wasn't cone free :P My hair doesn't like cones, makes it heavy and oily and I just dont like the feeling. Suave has been my savior ;)

paintedhorse
October 26th, 2011, 05:33 AM
I'll have to give that a go if it helps win the war against tangles!

I hardly have any tangles anymore. It just makes your hair too soft for them I guess.

maria_tasha
October 26th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I love this product. It makes my hair soft and silky and smells wonderful. the only thing that I don't like is that after a while your hair get's used to it and you don't have the same results.

jojo
October 26th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I must give this a go, I love cones! thanks for the tip!

paintedhorse
October 27th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I love this product. It makes my hair soft and silky and smells wonderful. the only thing that I don't like is that after a while your hair get's used to it and you don't have the same results.

Oh dear I havent had it this long yet. What did you use after this happend? ( I like you wolf pic by the way they are my fav)

AnaGeorgette
October 27th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I've been using the conditioner it for probably over a year now and it's still the best conditioner on my hair without a doubt. I've tried different things in between to find one my hair likes just as much but couldn't find one. I used the shampoo for a long time too ,which works extremely well combined with the conditioner until I swapped it for a herbal shampoo a friend recommended a few weeks ago. Your hair does get somewhat used to it eventually but for me it took a lot longer for that to happen than with other conditioners and even after 'getting used to it' it didn't change much/i.e. still is better than anything else I've ever used. I love it!

Bast
October 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM
The one thing that I've found, with my hair, is that I have to wash regularly or else the ends start to feel icky. Beyond that, though, I love it. It, Aussie 3MM, and one other are my go-to conditioners.

Achtland
October 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM

I have been using Dove IR Conditioner for about 2 months now and I have to say I love it as well. It finally pushed Pantene out of my conditioner-cycle as my go-to "drugstore" conditioner.

I agree with Maria though, I do find I need to switch it out every once in a while. Which I have to do with most conditioners anyways...

Overall great product. I tried a few more in the Dove-line conditioners (never the shampoos though) but IR still took first place.

Pumpkin
November 25th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Oh dear I havent had it this long yet. What did you use after this happend? ( I like you wolf pic by the way they are my fav)

I find that if I clarify once in awhile, that I don't have the 'build-up' problem and Dove goes back to working beautifully.

fiddlefananb
November 25th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I have a problem with dove products. I use them for about a week and have fabulous hair that is smooth, soft, and shiny and then my hair just starts snapping off by the ton. The particular cones that are in it seals my hair and dries it out so it just snaps off. I don't have that proplem with any other cone product. Does anyone else have this problem? It is a shame because I just love the way my hair is before all the breakage starts.

feb26
November 25th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Dove products don't like me either...have tried many of their shampoos as I like their attitude towards young girls & beauty, etc..my hair feels waxy and dry. haven't tried their conditioners (am scared to! :eek:)

fiddlefananb
November 25th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Dove products don't like me either...have tried many of their shampoos as I like their attitude towards young girls & beauty, etc..my hair feels waxy and dry. haven't tried their conditioners (am scared to! :eek:)

I am glad I'm not the only one.

HazyMoon
November 25th, 2011, 11:35 PM
My SO's doctor prescribed this stuff for his psoriasis, he likes it... his hair is 1 inch long however. I may try it tomorrow though and test it out.

MandyBeth
November 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I swap this and Aussie 3MM weekly, I clarify after a cycle. I start with GVP then wash my face and brush my teeth, rinse hair, then the heavy stuff while I ditz around in the shower.

PaganPriestess
November 26th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I loved it too. I recently switched to Pantene, but still have my Dove too.

longhairedlady
November 26th, 2011, 05:09 AM
My hair loves dove! :)

Annibelle
November 26th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I tried Dove conditioners before I was on LHC. I used it once and it's been in my closet since. It made my hair dry and the smell was so intense that I have a sneezing fit every time I open the bottle. My hair typically doesn't care one way or the other about cones, but it hated Dove.

layla<33
November 26th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I havent tried this because not only does it contain cones but it also contains mineral oil and Petrolatum.

Falcore
November 27th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I just washed my hair with this and combed some shea butter through and my hair is drying beautifully.

Love it! :D

julliams
November 30th, 2011, 02:32 AM
I bought this product based on this review. Tried it today and I'm happy so far.

jacqueline101
November 30th, 2011, 05:48 AM
I've used the dove shampoo and condish and loved it.

julliams
December 2nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Well, I'm coming back to report on my results with this product.

First wash was great and I really liked the results. Then when I went to use it again I decided to clarify, use it again and finished with a Palmolive Healthy ends serum that I found hiding in the bathroom.

Wasn't really impressed with my curls which came out a little flat (december pic below). Then check out this morning - totally straight (well, straight for me anyways). Just woke up like this. I ran a brush through it because I can, but it's completely straight....

There must be ALOT of cone in this product!!!! Great to know for when I want it straight without heat.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7142/6440418957_be8dab977d.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7162/6443720745_69097af352.jpg

Trish in SC
December 3rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
I purchased this (the conditioner) today and will try it tomorrow. I think my hair does better with cones, but it does seems like this has alot of them.

Let's see if I can pick them out:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, *Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactic Acid, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, *Amodimethicone, Petrolatum, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Mineral Oil, Gluconolactone, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Trehalose, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-180M, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, PEG-150 Disterate, *Methychloroisothiazolinone, *Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200).[/I]

Is that right? I found four. Let me know if I missed any!

What about the mineral oil? I am concerned about that. I think I've read that it's a "bad" ingredient. Anybody know?

Trish in SC
December 5th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Tried this conditioner today:

Seemed hard to rinse out, like there was a coating that wouldn't come loose. Now, hair is mostly dried, and the jury's still out...It is more limp, and seems more dry than usual. Not to sure about this product. I guess I'll experiment with it for a few more times, and see what results I get.

Anyone have any comments on how many cones are in it? (see my previous post)

Have a great day! :)

julliams
December 6th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Yes, I totally agree - totally coney. You can see it in my picture above your post. Hair was somewhat curly on the day of washing and then I woke up with it totally straight which is not the norm for me.

And you know what's really annoying? I purchased the extra large conditioner because it was "cheap".