PDA

View Full Version : 3 months of growth plus pictures.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/rray13/hair.png

I think my hair has grown? :) I can call what I have APL right?
My hair tends to not grow at all, so this growth is a big deal for me. :)
Sorry for being naked... xD

HairFaerie
October 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Great growth and congrats on APL! :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 24th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Great growth and congrats on APL! :)

Thank you! :)

MrsGuther
October 24th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I would say you are at least a half inch past APL. Congrats! Look great!

Roscata
October 24th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Definitely APL! Congrats. :D

<3OnHerSleeve
October 24th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Definitely APL and congrats, that's some great growth :)

ladonna
October 24th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Congrat's I think you hair is more than APL, and I also think you BSL line is about 3 inches lower than where it should be IMO

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 24th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Congrat's I think you hair is more than APL, and I also think you BSL line is about 3 inches lower than where it should be IMO

Well, for me, BSL where i want it to me, will be below brastrap.
But i know that technically I will be at brastap higher then where I placed it :) Haha.

Thanks guys! It really makes me happy to see this much growth. Specially with my fine hair. Hair up, oiling, and washing SLS free has made SUCH an improvement! :cheese:

Shesta
October 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Congrats! Your hair has grown A LOT! :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Congrats! Your hair has grown A LOT! :)

I can thank castor and coconut oil for this :p

PixxieStix
October 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Woo-hoo, look at the length! Congratulations girlie, that is phenomenal!

Columbia River
October 24th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Wow! What great growth.

jaine
October 24th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Ok first off your hair is beautiful!

I wouldn't call that APL yet though.
A) Your hair is both wet and curly in these pictures - curly hair typically shrinks a lot when it dries.
B) Your shoulders aren't level in the picture, and the line only intersects the higher shoulder.

If you take another picture with B fixed, you might be at a wet APL right now...probably not a solid dry APL though.

Lostsoule77
October 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
You have gotten some great growth there. I have to agree with Jaine on the length though. for curlies I believe that claiming length when your hair is stretched is ok, but wet hair on anyone doesn't. I think dry and stretched you will be at or just above APL though. Either way just be glad that your nice treatment of your hair has gotten it to grow so nicely. :)

battles
October 24th, 2011, 09:01 PM

A) Your hair is both wet and curly in these pictures - curly hair typically shrinks a lot when it dries.
B) Your shoulders aren't level in the picture, and the line only intersects the higher shoulder.

If you take another picture with B fixed, you might be at a wet APL right now...probably not a solid dry APL though.

I agree, but that's still some really awesome growth. :D The castor oil is definitely working for you. I'm wishing my hair would grow that fast.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Thank you.

My hair.. I dont know how to classify it because the longer it gets, it just waves.
The curls aren't too intense. But my hair tends to shrink by 1/2" when dry :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 25th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I agree, but that's still some really awesome growth. :D The castor oil is definitely working for you. I'm wishing my hair would grow that fast.

I know, my mother is really stunned too :P Considering all I do is leave it up all day and all night.
My natural monthly growth is about an inch a month, but my hair stalls so i dont get 3 inches in 3 months. Wish I did, but >.> Doesnt work that way.
I think I gained about 2 or 3 inches, but some is still going through the process of "Im healthy now, so im not gunna break off." While some ends of my hair are like "goodbye, breaking off now!" and im like "No stay. D:"

But i can defiantly say that; 3 months of castor oil, not straightening or brushing, washing SLS free and cone free, coconut oiling my ends and wearing my hair up everyday has made my hair grow. :)

battles
October 25th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I know, my mother is really stunned too :P Considering all I do is leave it up all day and all night.
My natural monthly growth is about an inch a month, but my hair stalls so i dont get 3 inches in 3 months. Wish I did, but >.> Doesnt work that way.
I think I gained about 2 or 3 inches, but some is still going through the process of "Im healthy now, so im not gunna break off." While some ends of my hair are like "goodbye, breaking off now!" and im like "No stay. D:"

But i can defiantly say that; 3 months of castor oil, not straightening or brushing, washing SLS free and cone free, coconut oiling my ends and wearing my hair up everyday has made my hair grow. :)

I'm sure leaving it up helps quite a bit! Congrats on finding a routine that works so well for you. :) How often do you do the castor oil?

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I'm sure leaving it up helps quite a bit! Congrats on finding a routine that works so well for you. :) How often do you do the castor oil?

Usually the night before a wash, so about every other day. Ill do a lot, sunday night and wash monday morning/afternoon. Tuesday is a free day, lol, I do nothing. The next day, Wednesday, is the same, then that night ill do castor oil again. Then its just the same process over and over :)
I tend to schedule everything, lol.

that1girlemily
October 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM
For sure it has grown, though I think you would need to still grow a half an inch to be at your goal.... Congrats on your success with castor oil!
:cheese:
I am growing out a pixie cut and I am finding that an oil treatment right after a monistat treatment helps my growth a lot. I have gotten about an 3/4 an inch in the past 2 weeks! My hair tends to spurt and then stall for months, I am hoping this stimulates it enough to not stall...

Avienda
October 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
congrats!! Looking good! Great growth in those three months too!!

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 25th, 2011, 09:02 PM
For sure it has grown, though I think you would need to still grow a half an inch to be at your goal.... Congrats on your success with castor oil!
:cheese:
I am growing out a pixie cut and I am finding that an oil treatment right after a monistat treatment helps my growth a lot. I have gotten about an 3/4 an inch in the past 2 weeks! My hair tends to spurt and then stall for months, I am hoping this stimulates it enough to not stall...

Yeah : ) My hair is the SAME way! Fellow Californian :p

that1girlemily
October 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah : ) My hair is the SAME way! Fellow Californian :p
Good Luck and Congrats on the great growth!!!

allmixedup88
October 26th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Do you have layers? My hair looks similar to yours & I have lame ass layers lol

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 26th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Do you have layers? My hair looks similar to yours & I have lame ass layers lol

Yes, I am growing out EXTREME layers from when I had my hair razored, lol.

Aqua Gal
October 26th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Wow! Definite growth and definitely APL. Congratulations!

allmixedup88
October 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Yes, I am growing out EXTREME layers from when I had my hair razored, lol.

yeah I'm in the same boat all in the name of rock n roll, lol.
It gets better though.
I have my longest layer hitting MBL and shortest starting at bang

How do you plan on letting it grow out? Just let the layers naturally grow out or trim to uniform?

kanaka
October 26th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Congrats!! pretty growth in 3 months and its definitely APL :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 28th, 2011, 12:07 AM
yeah I'm in the same boat all in the name of rock n roll, lol.
It gets better though.
I have my longest layer hitting MBL and shortest starting at bang

How do you plan on letting it grow out? Just let the layers naturally grow out or trim to uniform?

You know it! >.>

Im letting everything just grow on its own until I hit maybe waist, then cutting back to BSL to get rid of all the wispy ends and damage then just doing that over and over til my head is virgin and the layers are gone! :)