View Full Version : Clarifying and hair dye

ladonna
October 24th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I highlighted and dyed my hair a couple days ago, I've been cone free for awhile but I used the condish. that comes with hairdye. I don't like the way my hair feels, what would happen to my hair color if I was to clarify?

isabelx
October 24th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I'm certain hair colour fades with strong shampoos, especially ones including SLS. I've been dying my hair for 3 years but just a few months ago switched to a more natural shampoo and my colour's lasting longer. I wouldn't worry about clarifying once or a few times though, I'd just avoid doing it each time you wash your hair. I'm not sure about what clarifying with baking soda would do though if that's what you meant by the way?

Roscata
October 24th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Clarifying can remove hair dye, but if you do it just this once you probably won't have too much of a problem. It depends on your hair type and how dye sticks to your hair and how well it stays. You could try mixing baking soda with your conditioner and doing a CO or using a sulfate free clarifying shampoo. Good luck! :)

ladonna
October 24th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I meant with clarifying conditioner. I don't shampoo anymore.

In Feb. I dyed my hair dark brown to get to my natural color since my goal was to grow my hair w/o dying it anymore. I ran out of shampoo and used baking soda and white vinegar for a couple weeks. It definately lightened my hair.