PDA

View Full Version : Can I rotate CO washing with using regular s/c, specifically WEN conditioners?

Beaglebuddy
October 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I would like to try maybe just CO washing every other wash or two for now. I don't want to go full CO washing yet as I wasn't real struck on it the first time I did.
I wondered specifically about WEN conditioners as I have heard a lot about them.
I do like CWC, but just thought maybe if I used s/c one day, and then for two days or so using WEN, does this seem like it would work okay?

Coan-Teen
October 24th, 2011, 02:39 PM
It depends on what you want to get out of CO washing. There's nothing especially wrong with using shampoo and conditioner. It can strip your hair a little make it more fragile but if you're using a sulfate free shampoo you should be fine. I don't know a lot about WEN products so I can't give you an answer on that front, but there's nothing wrong with using shampoo if it works for your hair. I wash my hair twice a week with shampoo and conditioner.

I will say if you're CO washing to try to hold on to moisture not all shampoos will let you accomplish that. Hope that helps, at least a little. Maybe if you were more specific about your hair goals in term of washing we could offer more specific advice.

Beaglebuddy
October 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Thank you Coan-Teen, I need to wash my hair every day. I can't break this habit and I just thought if I condition-washed two days after shampooing one day that this might be gentler on my hair.
I am liking CWC thanks to advice from here so maybe I should stick with that (as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it) but I read of these Wen conditioners I am tempted to try and I thought i could rotate with regular shampoo and conditioner routine.
I don't want to do CO only as I do like shampoo and CO only makes my hair flat and seem thinner on top I don't need to lose volume there.
I just wondered if anyone ever tried a routine like that with any luck of it putting more moisture into hair?

MrsGuther
October 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I would like to try maybe just CO washing every other wash or two for now. I don't want to go full CO washing yet as I wasn't real struck on it the first time I did.
I wondered specifically about WEN conditioners as I have heard a lot about them.
I do like CWC, but just thought maybe if I used s/c one day, and then for two days or so using WEN, does this seem like it would work okay?

Each person's hair is uniquely different, so his or her hair routine may work for them but not for the next person. So, to sum it up you will have to try it out and see if it works for you. :) Happy growing!

Crazycatlady
October 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I use WEN in my rotation each week. One day I use L'Oreal sulfate free, the next WEN, then regular sulfate shampoo...either Paul Mitchell Shampoo One or Herbal Essence. I also skip a day here and there and use a few sprays of Suave dry shampoo and wear my hair up. Using WEN only is a little heavy for my fine, thin hair, but I do love it. I say give it a try and see. Be sure to report back to us, too. : )

Beaglebuddy
October 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Each person's hair is uniquely different, so his or her hair routine may work for them but not for the next person. So, to sum it up you will have to try it out and see if it works for you. :) Happy growing!

Yea I was just hoping though to hear if anyone else had a routine like that. The big thing with CO is it weighing my hair down so I thought if I added shampoo every couple of days the buildup wouldn't weigh my hair down so much!:)

I use WEN in my rotation each week. One day I use L'Oreal sulfate free, the next WEN, then regular sulfate shampoo...either Paul Mitchell Shampoo One or Herbal Essence. I also skip a day here and there and use a few sprays of Suave dry shampoo and wear my hair up. Using WEN only is a little heavy for my fine, thin hair, but I do love it. I say give it a try and see. Be sure to report back to us, too. : )

Thank you! I really hoped there was someone who was using Wen and your routine sounds similar to what I am aiming to try. Thanks so much!

chickpea
October 30th, 2011, 10:15 AM

I mostly use WEN and love it, but once a week or so I wash my scalp with a non-sulfate shampoo and let the suds run down the length. When I do this I finish by using a few pumps of WEN to condition from the ears down, and leave it in a minute or two before rinsing.

danacc
October 30th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I've heard that WEN is an expensive CO option that may not have any better results than using cheap no-cones conditioners like VO5, Suave Naturals, or White Rain. If it's working for you, then great! If you're experimenting, you may want to try a less expensive route first.