PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a silk sleep cap?

pepperminttea
October 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Even with silk pillowcases, my hair is all over the place in the mornings (although much better than on cotton), so I thought it might be worth trying a silk sleep cap. :) Here's the thing though:

- I have a large head. :p All sunglasses and headbands hurt my head, kinda large. Measuring round my head, along my hairline and nape, gives me 24.5/8" or 62.5cm - that, plus my hair, means I'm going to need a big size.
- Needs to be silk, not synthetic like polyester with a satin weave. Static and sweat are two things I already have enough of in life. ;)
- Needs to stay on, tight but not uncomfortably so. I am a very restless sleeper. The one occasion I fell asleep with a turbie twist on, I woke up with it wrapped around my foot. (I have no idea how that happened, either.)
- Not pink. :o

Any suggestions? :D Doesn't matter which country it's from as long as I can find somewhere that'll ship it to the UK.

squintinschool
October 24th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I would not recommend the Pretty Wrap, on the basis that with your amount of hair, its likely to come off in the night. The band around the bonnet fits my big head, but as I'm approaching 30" of hair, its staying on less and less. I'm sure part of that is because I'm a restless sleeper, but it definitely stayed on better when I had shorter hair. I don't have any positive suggestions, but I'm interested in what people recommend you because I'm also in the market for an new sleep cap.

wooliswonderful
October 24th, 2011, 01:43 PM
The one occasion I fell asleep with a turbie twist on, I woke up with it wrapped around my foot. (I have no idea how that happened, either.)

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm thinking of trying a sleep cap too.

Rowan1980
October 24th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Here's one: http://www.tenderheaded.com/sislbo.html

pepperminttea
October 24th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks squintinschool, I thought that might be out for me, but my worry was keeping it secure, so it's good to know more on it size-wise too. :)

wooliswonderful, I think it's my sleep self dropping hints that I need to exercise more. :p

Thanks Rowan1980: Has anyone tried that one? :)

TheBlondeApple
October 25th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I love the silk sleep bonnets from Tenderheaded!
Anja