View Full Version : Help getting rid of green hair

Meadowbloom
October 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Okay, so my shoulder length hair is mostly green, but with some parts blue and some purple, also there's 3 cm roots that has faded into a silver colour. What would be the best way to get it to a medium brown colour?

I've already done 3 vitamin c+H&S washes and a honey lighetnng and think I've gotten rid of as much as I'm able to with this method.

I've still got a jar of red semi-permanent directions hair dye and I'm thinking if I'd dye my hair with this red first and then dye a brown over it, would it turn out okay?

I'm trying to get my hair as close to my natural colour possible with not too much damage and thought I could get some advices here :)

For reference : This isn't a photo of my hair, but it's almost this colour, just a little more faded. http://data.whicdn.com/images/10113462/teal-hair-color_thumb.jpg

isabelx
October 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I really wouldn't put 2 more dyes over the top of it, why don't you grow out natural?

Meadowbloom
October 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM
That's what I'm aiming for, right now it's just this really mess of ugly faded colours which is why I wanna dye it a brown resembling my natural colour, which is mousy brownish.

Malibu Barbie
October 24th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I would talk to a professional and have them look at your hair first. If that isn't an option you can try going to a beauty supply place, most of the staff have some idea or were (are) hairdressers maybe they can help you out. If you have a combo of different colors you never know what it will do.

Roscata
October 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM
You could try to get it professionally fixed or you could try to wash your hair with clarifying or dandruff shampoo and leaving it on for a few minutes to remove the dye a bit more then coloring it with an ammonia free, peroxide free deposit only hair dye like Bigen (http://www.amazon.com/Bigen-Powder-Hair-Color-Medium/dp/B000ZSWW0I/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1319487185&sr=1-2). Good luck! :)

Coan-Teen
October 24th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Green can be hard to get out. You should definitely go to a pro. Wait for about a centimeter or two of your roots to grow out and then ask them to match it. Tell them exactly what you did for starters and to try to fade it. They should be able to compensate and get you something close.

bobbsi
October 24th, 2011, 02:53 PM
You do need a reddish-brown colour.
If you want to do this at home you can make a few tests with hair you collect from your brush but I would also rather recommend a walk to the hairdresser's....