PDA

View Full Version : UK Version of Caruso hairsetters??

katienoonan
October 24th, 2011, 05:01 AM
I am desperate to find a non-damaging way to creat sexy, volumous, loose waves/curls..

UltraBella recently posted this thread -----> http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52864

After fainting and drooling like everyone else, I quickly finger-zoomed my way through google, amazon and ebay to find a set for myself.. :eyebrows:

The only ones I could find were close to £50 (Or $70!!) ...This is not including extra jumbo rollers and not including a US-EU standard plug :confused:

If anyone has any information on where to buy this set for less in the UK, or which brand sells a similar product I would be incredibly grateful.. all I could find were split-end-inducing ceramic rollers! :cry:

Maverick494
October 24th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I'm sticking around here for an answer as well, because I came across the same problem. *fingers crossed*

Auburn_locks
October 24th, 2011, 05:35 AM
This probably doesn't help much.. but I really wanted some as well so I ordered some online from America. They took about a month to come and cost around £50 like you said, (£25 on sale at drugstore.com plus £25 shipping and packing). I bought an adaptor from B&Q for £5 (the caruso system automatically converts the current so you dont need a current converter).

I know it's a LOT of money, but as far as I can tell there truly isn't a UK alternative. I've used them a lot in the couple of weeks that I've had them and plan to use them more in the future. If you really want them and are willing to spend around £55 on them then it's a good option.

N.B. Amazon.com doesn't ship them here for some reason and drugstore.com has just stopped taking international orders but I'm sure if you searched around you could find some others from the USA.

Alternatively, or in the mean time, you could try sock bun curls or rag curls - both are free. I made some rag curlers from some old curtain lining and they work great. You can also get some cheap foam rollers if you're willing to sleep in them. Hope that helps!

beccababesx
October 24th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Just watch what you're buying - I bought a set on eBay for only £12, thinking I was getting a great bargain - I wasnt, they were fake, and they do nothing for my hair at all.