PDA

View Full Version : gunky hair after shower?

Dogmatix
October 23rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
This just happened AGAIN and it's driving me crazy. I'm not sure if I'm not rinsing my hair well enough or if this area isn't getting cleaned very well.

Especially on my right side, above my ear in the right-front quadrant of my head I guess. The hair there feels really gunky and greasy. It doesn't dry and get soft like the rest of my hair. It'll just stay chunked up into sections and kind of crunchy. I don't even know how to describe it. It's pretty much always this one section of hair that has this problem.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? I try to get my fingers up under the surface of my hair to the scalp when I'm shampooing to prevent this :P

I CWC with JASON shampoo and conditioner.

Carolyn
October 23rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
I would say do a clarifying wash followed by something like a SMT to add back in the moisture and then switch your S & C and see what happens. Doing these 2 things often corrects problems such as you describe. The clarifying kind of resets your hair and I think it's good to switch your products around.

Asahinasan
October 23rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
It happens every once in a while... typically I just clarify and move on with life...

darklyndsea
October 23rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
I don't have your problem, but I do have problems rinsing because of the thickness of my hair. If it is a problem with not rinsing thoroughly enough, you can try dividing your hair into small(er) sections to rinse it.

Copasetic
October 23rd, 2011, 11:02 PM
You're probably just missing that spot when you wash. It happens to me all the time, especially that area above my ear for some reason.

Vanilla
October 24th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I also use Jason shampoo and conditioner. I got the oilies in the same spot above my ears when I first switched from SLS to Jason shampoos.

I find that I need to squeeze another handful of shampoo and wash this area in addition to a handful on the top of my scalp. The Jason shampoo doesn't foam as much as my previous SLS shampoo, so I couldn't get away with just one handful of shampoo on the top of my scalp anymore.

I hope this helps!