PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

DancingQueen
October 23rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
I started my 'treatment' with castor oil last night, where I massaged it in at night, french braided it and washed it out this morning. I shed a lot during the oiling, but my hair felt great, and I had no problem washing it out. But today my hair have been itching like mad, and I have had a major headache all day.

Did anyone else experience this? Is it normal, or does it stop after a while? I really don't hope I have to stop after just one time.

nobeltonya
October 23rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Maybe you're sensitive to that oil? I like a mix of coconut and amla, and I'm getting ready to try almond mixed w/castor [new to me...].

ddiana1979
October 23rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Castor oil makes my scalp itch if I leave it on. I use it for my face for OCM, and it doesn't cause any problems if I wash it off. If I leave it on though, especially if I get hot, my scalp itches like crazy. . . and continues to itch for a day or two even after washing it off. I think it's so thick it doesn't allow heat & moisture to escape. That's my hypothesis anyway. No more scalp oiling for me.

DancingQueen
October 23rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
I thought about the same thing... but as far as I know, I don't have any allergies. And the oil I bought is already mixed with mink oil.

Yame
October 23rd, 2011, 02:36 PM
My scalp would sometimes itch when I had it on, but not after washing it out...