View Full Version : I chopped, and I love it!

tcheney91
October 23rd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Four days ago, I chopped my tailbone length hair up to bra strap length. I couldn't be happier with my choice. It was a huge change, but I'm in love with my hair again. My hair was getting to be more of a drag than it was fun or enjoyable. Washing took forever, it took literally days to dry fully and I could never wear it down because it would get into everything! I will miss the intricate updo's I could do with all my hair, but I really couldn't be happier with my choice. I hope you all like it as much as I do!

Here is a picture of my hair about 6 months ago. It looked very similar right before the chop, except about 3-4" longer. It went a little past the hem of this blue shirt.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5202&pictureid=106161

And here is the new hair. It has been straightened in this picture.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5202&pictureid=116947

Aerin
October 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Congrats! It looks beautiful!

Rocket22
October 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Looks great! You still have long hair and because it's thick it looks even longer! must be in the water lots of cuts these days :)

pepperpot
October 23rd, 2011, 12:40 PM
It looks lovely. I did exactly the same thing a few years ago for similar reasons, i.e. chopped my tailbone/hip length hair up to BSL and I loved it. Its a lot shorter now and I'm growing back to bsl - I think its a very flattering and versatile length. Looks great on you and you've inspired me, thank you!

luluj
October 23rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
:thud: BEAUTIFUL!! Sometimes we just need a "hair" change to make us fall in love with our hair all over again!;)

tcheney91
October 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Thank you all so much for the lovely compliments! I really do love it. I just washed it for the first time since I got it cut and it's drying up really curly, which is so nice! I haven't had proper curls in a long time because it was just too long to curl up. Thanks again, your kind words have made my day!

spidermom
October 23rd, 2011, 02:47 PM
It looks good. I'm glad you went for it and love your choice.

vanity_acefake
October 23rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Your new cut looks beautiful.
Have fun with your new length.

tcheney91
October 23rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Thank you both!

wooliswonderful
October 23rd, 2011, 05:59 PM
You look great! I just cut mine too and am very happy that I did. :)

Shona
October 23rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
you and your hair look beautiful and very happy with the chop!

dragonette@1
October 23rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Sometimes it is good to get a fresh start. Your hair will be lovely at any length!

tcheney91
October 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
What lovely compliments. I'll be sure to get a picture of it curly soon. I think it looks nice both curly and straight. I'm very excited to play with new styles!

fairystar32
October 23rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Glad you love it, looks lovely and you look so happy :)

PixxieStix
October 23rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
Very good looking hun! I am happy to hear you love your hair all over again, it is indeed the reason we keep it around, no sense in having it X length if you don't love it.

tcheney91
October 23rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
Very good looking hun! I am happy to hear you love your hair all over again, it is indeed the reason we keep it around, no sense in having it X length if you don't love it.

That's exactly why I did it. There was no point in trying to get to classic if I was only going to get irritated with my hair! I'm glad you like it!

bettylibertine
October 23rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
It looks great! Good to hear that you're happy with the change :D

Copasetic
October 23rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
Congrats on the hair cut! I am glad to hear you love it. I looks awesome.

Trish in SC
October 25th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I can't see the pictures you posted. Wonder why? :( Is it a newbie thing?

tcheney91
October 26th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I can't see the pictures you posted. Wonder why? :( Is it a newbie thing?

Yes, sadly you need at least 25 posts before you can see them. I linked them from my album.

Aqua Gal
October 26th, 2011, 08:51 PM
It looks fantastic.

KwaveT
October 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Your cut looks great. The more important is that you are happy with it. If anything I learn is that I am going to do what makes me feel good about myself and not what everybody thinks especially when the two disagree.

kanaka
October 26th, 2011, 11:48 PM
pretty hair and i am glad you are happy with your hair cut :)

tcheney91
October 27th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Your cut looks great. The more important is that you are happy with it. If anything I learn is that I am going to do what makes me feel good about myself and not what everybody thinks especially when the two disagree.

Exactly! That's how I feel.

Here is a picture of my hair 3 days after co-washing. I curled the ends a bit and straightened my bangs. It's really different from how I used to style my hair (which was a bun every single day). I'm loving that I have the option of wearing my hair down now!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5202&pictureid=117313

Monsterkitti
October 27th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Oh it looks great! Brilliant you are so happy with the new cut :)

infinity_girl
October 27th, 2011, 09:55 AM
You have amazing hair, long or short!

UP Lisa
October 27th, 2011, 01:27 PM
You have to do what makes you happy. Personally, I can't imagine having so much hair that it would give me the problems you were having!:)

joflakes
October 27th, 2011, 01:28 PM
It looks awesome! :D

Anywhere
October 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Glad you like it. You look so cute. :D:cheese:

tcheney91
October 27th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Thank you for the sweet words, everyone! I'm so glad everyone likes it. I'm just tickled with it, still. I feel like a model! Haha. :D

Capybara
October 27th, 2011, 05:44 PM
What a flattering cut! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

I cut my almost-classic hair to bsl last December, and I loved the change too! Sometimes, it's needed. :)

tcheney91
October 28th, 2011, 10:45 AM
What a flattering cut! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

I cut my almost-classic hair to bsl last December, and I loved the change too! Sometimes, it's needed. :)

I remember when you did that, and I was so sad to see your hair go! But now... I totally understand. It just becomes too much of a hassle and not fun anymore. I'm glad you like it!

Capybara
October 31st, 2011, 08:35 PM
To be honest, I was sad at first too. It had become a part of my identity, really, and it was a bit strange to let go, even though it is temporary. But, I'm happy with the cut, and I don't regret it at all. I figure, change can be a good thing, and hair grows back :)

tcheney91
November 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM
To be honest, I was sad at first too. It had become a part of my identity, really, and it was a bit strange to let go, even though it is temporary. But, I'm happy with the cut, and I don't regret it at all. I figure, change can be a good thing, and hair grows back :)

I had a little twinge when she made the first cut, so I totally understand it. But I'm having so much fun now! I can do hairstyles again that I retired years ago! I feel lighter. :D

CC-Bale
November 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
You have such nice hair. It's cute in all the pictures.

Buggheart
November 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Very pretty!

tcheney91
November 1st, 2011, 04:27 PM
You have such nice hair. It's cute in all the pictures.

Thank you, what a nice thing to say. :)

Bonkers57
November 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
I like it! :D What's more important - YOU like it!

tcheney91
November 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
I like it! :D What's more important - YOU like it!

Exactly! I'm glad you agree! :cheese:

jojo
November 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
you hair was beautiful before and after; love it!