PDA

View Full Version : Hair Styles for Older Women

Grillz
October 23rd, 2011, 08:28 AM
I saw this article today and thought I'd share it to see your thoughts. I was totally expecting it to say "pixie cut this" and "short hair that" but it shows picture galleries for short, medium, and longer hairstyles for different age groups.. very cool!

http://style.lifegoesstrong.com/hair-styles-older-women?utm_source=OB_style&obref=obnetwork

Madora
October 23rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
I didn't care for any of the styles for the 60's set...all much too short and time consuming. Those "face framing layers" on Linda Grey only drew attention to her wrinkles.

It would be a revelation if a hairdresser appeared on the scene who knew how to create hairstyles for people with truly long hair!

irishlady
October 23rd, 2011, 08:42 AM
I agree with Madora sorry, IMO those styles mostly just made the women look older.

I could be biased though, since most of the styles were very layered and I don't like that.

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
I love how SJP's hair is considered [I]really[I] long at what BSL, midback. :) I am glad that they weren't all super short cuts though. We have to remember they were useing celebs as example and they must stay what is considered fashionable.

MaryRose
October 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
I didn't look at all the pics but I think it is great that they are getting rid of the stigma that only the young looks appropriate with long hair, reguardless of what they consider long.

Grillz
October 23rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
haha, Lostsoule, that's exactly what stuck out to me, and MaryRose, I absolutely agree. I didn't look at all the photos but I did notice that BSL seemed to be the longest, and therefore, "the norm." I posted it mostly to show that not everyone tells older women to stick with short hairdos. I do wonder what the authors think of beyond BSL hair though.

rbooh
October 23rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Bangs are Natures Botox lol

I concur! I've had eyebrow length bangs since I was 24.

Demi Moore is supposedly doing everything wrong by keeping her dark hair "long". I think she is stunning!

Nae
October 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Well, after looking at that I am feeling like my APLish hair is "long." How about that?