PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who has never used a BB or simple brush?!!

vatikagirl
October 23rd, 2011, 04:57 AM
I was wondering if there is anyone out here in LHC who hasn't used a brush EVER BEFORE, like me?!!
As long as I remember my mom never owned a brush nor did my grandma neither do I. Is it weird that somehow I have a conception that combs are the only best thing for hair?!!
Anyone out here who has recently started using BB Brush or just a brush?!! Do share your experience of starting to use it.
I read in a few threads how members rave on using BB Brush and having done that getting lovely flexible hair and nice oil distribution etc.
Every time I browse the brush aisle of the supermarket and I chicken out. I find boar bristles to be very hard and I guess damaging. Am I wrong somehow?
Please share your experiences.

Orangerthanred
October 23rd, 2011, 05:58 AM
Well, I've used brushes all my life and I shouldn't- my hair is wavy and poofy, and brushes just make it worse.

It's good that you don't use brushes. Unless you have straight, thin, or baby fine hair I recommend you don't use any sort of brush- they make the hair poof up and screw up natural hair texture.

slythwolf
October 23rd, 2011, 06:05 AM
If your hair is happy without a brush, why spend the money on one? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

vatikagirl
October 23rd, 2011, 06:08 AM
Well, I've used brushes all my life and I shouldn't- my hair is wavy and poofy, and brushes just make it worse.

It's good that you don't use brushes. Unless you have straight, thin, or baby fine hair I recommend you don't use any sort of brush- they make the hair poof up and screw up natural hair texture.
This is exactly what stopped me frm purchasing it everytime, I surely don't have baby fine straight hair, so I guess I'm good without it. Thanks :).

vatikagirl
October 23rd, 2011, 06:08 AM
If your hair is happy without a brush, why spend the money on one? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Good philosophy... thanks.

Vanille_
October 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Are BB brushes good for a certain type of hair? I switched from using my cheap brush to a wider comb with smooth edges. But I miss my brush sometimes. I still use it if I need my hair smoothed into a certain style.

I have fine hair with breakage or shedding issues (not sure which one). Should I stay away from the BB brush?

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
You have your hair type as 2a/2b so I would think you shouldn't use a brush. I've pretty much given up using a brush once I joined hair. I do still use it if my hair seems really knotty and I just want to get them out without getting the hair all over my hands and the floor like when I fingercomb. My little sister (3a) does own a BBB. She strictly uses it to smooth her canopy hair when putting it into updos. I think the fact that you've never used one though is probably perfect for your hair and no need to change it now. I've always used a comb to smooth my updos and never had an issue.

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
I meant joined here, not hair. I think I might have been on TLHC too much lately! :)

blondie9912
October 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
I have fine hair, and I find a BBB perfect for me :) The oil distribution thing isn't as noticeable as it first was when I started using it, so the benefits seem to be 'wearing off' if that makes sense. But I agree with others, if your hair doesnt need a brush, don't bother! :D The only time you MAY want to consider using a brush (BBB or otherwise) would be before washing your hair, to loosen dirt/tangles and to distribute oil