View Full Version : Hair type double check please

Lostsoule77
October 22nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
When I first joined I was checking out the wurly & curly thread and saw someone ask about typing so I asked about mine too. I thought I was probably 2b and 3 people concurred. Now I'm not so sure if that is correct or if I'm possible 2b/2c. I don't know if those are ringlets forming in my ends or if that's just normal for 2b ends? My hair is completely dry and had been drying for 5 hours. I think the flash on my evil black dyed hair shone more than the rest where the dye has faded. Please ignore the epic frizziness and tell me what you think.:)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3683.jpg

Mountaingrrl
October 22nd, 2011, 11:09 PM
Looks like 2b/2c to me.

xoxophelia
October 23rd, 2011, 01:05 AM
^I agree....

pepperminttea
October 23rd, 2011, 01:58 AM
Another vote for 2b/c. :)

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Thank you guys! I wonder if it was gotten wrong before. Or if my change to a conefree conditioner that is also used as a leave in, plus prewash coconut oiling, has made more wave come out.?. I might look into the curly girl routine a bit and see what happens. :) I tend to be a bit lazy though so I don't know how long I'd really stick with it.

Kiwiwi
October 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Did you brush it out? It looks like it.
I would shower, shake it loose and then do nothing to it, let it air dry and then see what it looks like :-)

Cos to me your hair looks like a brushed out 3a or 3b :-)

ScorpioMouse
October 23rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
I gotta agree with Kiwiwi about your being a 3a - although that might just be because if you're only a 2b/2c, then I must be a 1-something, lol.

krissykins
October 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
I actually think you are a solid 2c. Your hair is more wurly than wavy.

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Did you brush it out? It looks like it.
I would shower, shake it loose and then do nothing to it, let it air dry and then see what it looks like :-)

Cos to me your hair looks like a brushed out 3a or 3b :-)

My hair was washed, rinsed as gently as possible, and not touched. I wouldn't post a picture for hair typing where my hair wasn't done correctly for hair typing. Wouldn't that just defeat the purpose? I did have to get dressed and move and sit. ;) While sitting I didn't sit with my hair behind me, but the frizziness on the side may have been brushed against my clothes as I brought it to the side/front. I can certainly brush it out and show you the difference. :eyebrows: Only it won't be quite as big as if I did it last night because I slept in a bun and had it in a braid all day so far. :) Tones down the big hair.

My sister is a 3a I think. We were both 1c growing up and got wavy/curly when we hit puberty. Out of 4 children we are the only two (from my dad) and out of 9 we are 2 of 3 (from my mom.) The rest are pin straight. I would love to have actual curly hair! One of these days I'll try the CG stuff for a bit and we'll see. Maybe your right.:cheese:

Nae
October 23rd, 2011, 11:09 AM
Lol, I vote for 2b/2c I am a 2b/2c as well and I didn't think it looked brushed out at all. That is the same dang thing my hair does when it dries out of the shower and I don't touch it. The first day frizzies are enough to drive me crazy. 2nd day hair is usually so much better.

At any rate, I hope my hair is a pretty as yours when it finally gets to that length!! So nice!

Niphredil
October 23rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
I also tend to lean toward a full 2c! I think my own hair is 2b/2c because parts are almost straight, while others even have spirals! I can get even 3a ringlets if I scrunch and add some gel.
Your hair looks to have very solid waves all over with some spirals on the ends.

Beautiful hair whatever the type you settle on!

Shesta
October 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
To me it also looks like 2c. :)

Orangerthanred
October 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Another vote for 2b/c.

jaine
October 23rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
I think it's 2c. 2c is a mixture of waves and curls, and that's what you have.

(The hair type "2b/2c" never made any sense to me ... 2b is waves and 2c is a mixture of waves and curls. So 2b/2c is like saying it's a mixture of waves and waves and curls.)

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Wow! I totally expected most people to say, nope you're 2b. I thought a couple might think I was 2b/2c. I so didn't think I had enough curl to be a 2c. I think I'm gonna have to count and I'll pick the majority.

I think it's 2c. 2c is a mixture of waves and curls, and that's what you have.

(The hair type "2b/2c" never made any sense to me ... 2b is waves and 2c is a mixture of waves and curls. So 2b/2c is like saying it's a mixture of waves and waves and curls.)

That is pretty funny. I thought 2b/2c would be wavy with a couple curls. I thought of 2c as a higher mix of curls in with mostly waves.
ETA: Jaine I just looked at your album and if you are only a 2c there is no way I am. end eta

Thank you all so much for your replies! If anyone else has one feel free to chime in. :)

Yozhik
October 23rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
I'd vote for either 2b/c or 2c. :)

I think your hair has more curl in it than mine, which I label as 2b/c because it spirals at the ends, but is fairly straightish at the tops and has waves in the middle.

Just out of curiosity -- was it curlier when shorter? I've found that length has greatly reduced the curliness of my hair (which I probably would have called 2c at shorter lengths).

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 05:59 PM
I'd vote for either 2b/c or 2c. :)
Just out of curiosity -- was it curlier when shorter? I've found that length has greatly reduced the curliness of my hair (which I probably would have called 2c at shorter lengths).

I don't think so. Then again that was before I found LHC so I never took a hair typing photo before. Generally if I was wearing my hair down it had mousse in it and it was curlier than my hairtyping pic. This was when it was shorter and longer. If you look in my album (I'm not sure how to link a pic from there to here) you can see what I mean in the one picture from '04.

MissManda
October 23rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
I think you have too many of those little spirals to be a 2b/2c, so I'd go with a solid 2c. :flower:

Yozhik
October 23rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Ooh! Pretty hair in the 2004 post. :) I love how it looks curly.

After seeing that photo I'm more inclined to go with 2c (mousse or no mousse, my hair does not get that curly).

danacc
October 23rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
I would say solid 2c. Tight waves with some spiral curls at the ends.

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
Well it looks like 2c is winning out now. Thank you all so much! I am so surprised.
Now I wonder if I should just give CO a chance now instead of waiting until I finish my 2in1. I hate to do that, but I haven't bought any since I joined here. I had 2.5 large bottles and now I'm down to 1.75! Washing only once a week makes it last so long. I think I'm really gonna look into that.

Again thank you. :D I just love this community. :)