PDA

View Full Version : Supplements for faster hair growth?

dre
October 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
I just read about a hair supplement by the name of "Viviscal". Has anyone had any experience with this product? Good/bad reviews? :confused:

MaryRose
October 22nd, 2011, 08:57 PM
I have never heard of it before...

Madora
October 22nd, 2011, 09:13 PM
I've never heard of it either, but that's unimportant.

The thing to remember is that your hair grows as fast as nature intended it to. Hair grow also depends on diet and how gentle you are in your hair care regime.

There is nothing you can purchase that will speed your hair growth, or make it thicker. Your hair genes dictate what kind of hair you have, and so forth.

MiamiPineapple
October 22nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
I 100% believe in the power of Biotin. When I started to take it I saw new growth, and my hair grew faster. It is so cheap too. I take 5,000 mg day. My grandmother was starting to loose her hair. I told her to take Biotin. A week later she went to the doctor and he even told her to take Biotin! My mom also takes it now and has to get it cut more often. Might not work for everyone but sure did for me. It is the one supplement I will never be without.

Most of these hair supplements have heavy doses of Biotin.

jojo
October 23rd, 2011, 07:17 AM
Yes I used this supplement a few year back, it made me very poor and I got no extra growth!

a healthy diet is more effective IMHO .

joflakes
October 23rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
I 100% believe in the power of Biotin. When I started to take it I saw new growth, and my hair grew faster. It is so cheap too. I take 5,000 mg day. My grandmother was starting to loose her hair. I told her to take Biotin. A week later she went to the doctor and he even told her to take Biotin! My mom also takes it now and has to get it cut more often. Might not work for everyone but sure did for me. It is the one supplement I will never be without.

Most of these hair supplements have heavy doses of Biotin.

Wow! That's a lot.

I take Perfectil, which has a mixture of vitamins and is meant for hair, skin and nails: http://www.vitabiotics.com/perfectil/perfectil_form2.aspx

As to whether or not it is helping...I'm not sure. I've been taking it about 6 weeks and I feel longer but it is so hard to tell without measuring! I just like to take it to feel as though I am doing all I can be.