PDA

View Full Version : Hair guru at work!

hurricanexkat
October 22nd, 2011, 12:54 PM
So shortly after finding y'alls site, I've become hair obsessed. The gals I work with know this, and have watched my hair get progressively better so whenever they have a question they come to me about it. I take their question, do some research on here, and then get back to them about their issue. They think I'm the total ish, but shhh dont tell my secret. :)

Also hello, I'm Kat!

isabelx
October 22nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Welcome! that's great :D my mum often calls me a hair geek when I blab on to her about cones and sulfates :)

Rhodugune
October 22nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm experience kind of the same thing. :cheese:
It's been about two months since I joined LHC and I've learned alot and more and more people asks me for haircare advise, it's quite fun actually, I really like to help friends to find the best way for taking care of thier hair.

I've got several friends and relatives to try out co-ing and ACVrinces, and they like it alot, thank you LCH! :flowers:

Madora
October 22nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
So shortly after finding y'alls site, I've become hair obsessed. The gals I work with know this, and have watched my hair get progressively better so whenever they have a question they come to me about it. I take their question, do some research on here, and then get back to them about their issue. They think I'm the total ish, but shhh dont tell my secret. :)

Also hello, I'm Kat!

That's very nice of you, Kat. I hope your friends appreciate your willingness to help them. Welcome to LHC!

Lostsoule77
October 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Welcome to LHC. That must feel great! I've tried to help a few people, but they weren't too receptive so I keep my mouth shut.

joflakes
October 22nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
That's lovely! And hello!

KwaveT
October 22nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
I teach what I have learned on her at work. At home, my parents just think this is another one of those kicks that I get and will blow over. I get criticized by them as a result.

hurricanexkat
October 22nd, 2011, 11:36 PM
I teach what I have learned on her at work. At home, my parents just think this is another one of those kicks that I get and will blow over. I get criticized by them as a result.
Yes, I have been talking with my mom a bit about it and she gives me the general 'Mm Hmm that's nice' response.

noelgirl
October 23rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
That's cool! A woman I know from dance has been growing her hair out and she keeps coming to me for advice, it's flattering that she thinks I'm some kind of expert :p

els23
October 23rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
That's awesome! I love to share my knowledge, though generally people just think I'm a little strange. I am very excited though because I think I have inspired my BF's grandmother to try vinegar rinses :D

racrane
October 23rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
I have experienced the same thing, though I've noticed most don't want to try the extreme things I like - oiling, little to no shampoo, etc.

bettylibertine
October 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Welcome to LHC!
That's brilliant - I love it when that happens :)