PDA

View Full Version : Hair colour strangeness!

joflakes
October 22nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Hi all,

This has been bugging me for a while now and I wondered if anyone might be able to offer me any kind of explanation?

I started to use Lee Stafford's Hair Growth range back in about mid to late July. Since then I started to notice that the growth that is coming through is a couple shades lighter than the rest of my hair.

I haven't dyed it, all my hair is virgin.

Could a shampoo be doing this? Or is it likely that it could just be my hair changing it's growth pattern due to not being used to being free of conditioner?!

:confused:

Unofficial_Rose
October 22nd, 2011, 01:20 AM
I don't know, but if the only thing you've changed is to use the Lee Stafford, that makes me want to go and buy some for myself. :)

joflakes
October 22nd, 2011, 01:22 AM
Haha. No worries! I guess I'll find out when I switch to another brand in a few days :)

Nymph
October 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM
When my hair was virgin, I deffinitely had "summer hair" and "winter hair", and summer hair was lighter, couldn't it be that?

joflakes
October 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Nymph, it could be but the growth is still lighter and it isn't summer anymore! I'm really not sure. It's just odd how there is such a definite line of change!

Lostsoule77
October 22nd, 2011, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't think so. Have you looked into the ingredients to see if anything in it could be doing this?

joflakes
October 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Lostsoule....I have but I'm not that up on what makes hair do what! I know it's not meant to do it though, it doesn't mention it on the packet!

isabelx
October 22nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure about what could be causing your hair to grow lighter, but I'm curious about the product, what does it (or supposed to) do? have you noticed an increase in your growth rate?

joflakes
October 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
isabelx - I believe it is meant to help nourish your scalp to help promote hair growth. Here is a link http://www.leestafford.com/uk/products/product.php?pi=120
It does seem to be. Although I can't be too sure as I didn't measure the growth rate before or after! Oops.

isabelx
October 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
isabelx - I believe it is meant to help nourish your scalp to help promote hair growth. Here is a link http://www.leestafford.com/uk/products/product.php?pi=120
It does seem to be. Although I can't be too sure as I didn't measure the growth rate before or after! Oops.

Thanks! wow it's quite pricey! I'll definitely consider it though if it's had some good reviews :)

Lostsoule77
October 22nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Lostsoule....I have but I'm not that up on what makes hair do what! I know it's not meant to do it though, it doesn't mention it on the packet!

I'm not either so no worries. Maybe check reviews of the product and see if anyone else has this issue. Stop using it and see if it changes. Have you changed anything else in your routine that might be the culprit?

joflakes
October 22nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
It is. I believe the shampoo and conditioner are in Boots at present (if you're in the UK!) at £6.99 a bottle. I've bought one bottle and it's lasted me at least 3 months, the conditioner lasted about 4-5 weeks and the actual pot of gloop treatment lasted me about 3-4 weeks as I like to slather it on!
It does make my hair smell nice, but I am finding I shed a lot in the shower and wanted to try something else to see if it this product or just my natural shedding amount!

joflakes
October 22nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
I'm not either so no worries. Maybe check reviews of the product and see if anyone else has this issue. Stop using it and see if it changes. Have you changed anything else in your routine that might be the culprit?

Yep I'm gonna (as soon as payday comes!).

Nothing else that I can think of....I'm pretty low maintenance (lazy!).