PDA

View Full Version : Lavender tea rinse

gazelle
October 22nd, 2011, 12:12 AM
Hi friends. I was reading herbals on hair and saw that lavender tea rinse has very good effects on hair. It is used to fix sheddings and improve hair. 1/2 tbs lavender is brewed with 3 cups of boiling water. It is strained after 10 min.

It is recommended to be left on hair 30 min then rinse with plain water. I did not like this part:D. I do not know why it is not left on hair until next wash.

In addition, horse tail herb is used as tea rinse and people got very good results for quick growing.

Do you have any information about these herbal teas?

I used the horse tail tea but haven't used the lavender tea yet. Horse tail tea made my hair softer, but haven't noticed the effect on quick growing

Hairitic
October 22nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Sounds interesting. I have heard that both are good for the hair :). I've seen teas with Lavender in them and the herb is easy to obtain. Where did you find Horsetail Tea, or what brand did you find :confused:? I don't think I've ever seen it. Also don't know where to obtain the herb but I think I'd like to try it out. Any suggestions? TIA :p

gazelle
October 22nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
I buy lavender and horse tail from herb and spice sellers, which do not have specific brands. They give it with grams. I guess you can find them from oriental herbal stores. I do not know a brand name, sorry:(

Lavender tea makes the person feel comfortable and sleepy when orally consumed, so I have some at home

jeanniet
October 23rd, 2011, 12:55 AM
We have an herb shop in my town that has all kinds of herbs (western and Asian), and I get my lavender, horsetail, nettle, etc. there, but if you check at natural food stores you may be able to find some of the more common herbs. I know I can get lavender and hibiscus at other places. www.mountainroseherbs.com has a wide selection and their quality is good.

I use an herbal rinse as a conditioner after I shampoo, containing lavender, rosemary, nettle, horsetail, and hibiscus (1 tsp. each in a pint of water). I add the herbs to boiling water, and then set them aside to steep until cool (2-4 hours, I'd say). It's hard for me to be subjective about how much this has improved the condition of my hair or whether it's made it grow faster, but since I've gone to an herbal routine I no longer do deep treatments or use other products on my hair other than Nightblooming's Panacea, and my hair seems to be growing a little faster (maybe that's wishful thinking). I do know that my hair is in better shape than it was when it was shorter. :)

gazelle
October 23rd, 2011, 04:14 AM
Jeanniet, do you rinse again with plain water after the herbal rinse? Or the herbal rinse stays on your hair until the next wash?

jeanniet
October 23rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
I do rinse it out, and then I finish with a final citric acid rinse. I have well water, and because of it I get buildup really easily, so I always rinse everything out of my hair.