PDA

View Full Version : Tea rinses

bna_rapunzel
October 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM
I recently read about tea rinses. I have a cupboard full of tea, that has never been used on my hair.
I've never done any kind of rinse before so I was wondering
, what are the benefits of different tea rinses, and how do you do them?
Thanks everyone! :)

candycandace
October 21st, 2011, 10:26 PM
This is a good post. I've also been pretty curious about the benfits of tea rinses. I don't understand what they are supposed to do...

ddiana1979
October 21st, 2011, 10:45 PM
I do a Rooibos (AKA redbush, red) tea when I remember. I started doing it because a lot of people are getting extra growth from using Rooibos as a rinse &/or taking it internally as a normal tea. I don't do it frequently enough to know if my hair is growing faster, but it makes my hair very shiny, has reduced oil production on my scalp (I tend to have an oily scalp), and I like the scent. Some people have noticed that their hair is less frizzy, but I don't really have that problem anymore, so I'm not sure.

bna_rapunzel
October 22nd, 2011, 06:57 AM
Do you dilute the tea (even more than usual)? How many tea bags to how much water? Do you pour it on your hair? Spritz it in with a bottle? Before or after a wash?
(I'm telling you, I've never done a rinse lol)
I have TB length, fine (and thin) blonde hair. I'm comfortable in my routine, just kinda looking for an extra... "something". Maybe a tea rinse? :D

Orangerthanred
October 22nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Black tea can darken your hair slightly and add shine. http://www.livestrong.com/article/192242-herbs-that-darken-hair/

Hairitic
October 22nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
Do you dilute the tea (even more than usual)? How many tea bags to how much water? Do you pour it on your hair? Spritz it in with a bottle? Before or after a wash?
(I'm telling you, I've never done a rinse lol)
I have TB length, fine (and thin) blonde hair. I'm comfortable in my routine, just kinda looking for an extra... "something". Maybe a tea rinse? :D

I too, use Rooibos tea as a rinse. I originally started to hopefully boost growth but I find that it leaves my hair soft and shiny :). I use 1 teabag in 16 oz of boiling water, covered and allow to cool. I add that to 1 oz of ACV in a 24 oz water bottle. I fill the bottle the rest of the way with water. This amount is sufficient to soak my hair after washing 2 times ;). I let the rinse soak into my hair and scalp for a solid 60 seconds then squeeze out the excess before getting out of the shower and blotting my hair with my towel. I also plan to use it when I mix up my next batch of Henna since it's RED :D!

I've also heard that Horsetail herb is great for the hair so I've been thinking of trying this out as well. I just need to find some!