PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have waist+ hair that is really, really layered?

heartgoesboom
October 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
as much as i want long, even hair... i am craving change. i thought i wanted an even hemline to be able to do braids, but i find that the longer my hair gets, the less i want to put it up... so layers are so tempting. does anyone have pictures of waist+ hair that is thick and straight with a lot of layers.

Kristin
October 21st, 2011, 04:23 PM
Try this: http://www.youtube.com/user/YaYaLifestyle#p/search/0/qx3e5M0uWT0

You have to go about 45 seconds in to see the cut.

coffinhert
October 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM

that is a rad haircut. I think when my hair is long enough I will keep the face-framing layers up front. Maybe not as many as hers, but an unbroken fringe all the way up to my chin. I like it when a little hangs out of my hair when it's up.

misstwist
October 21st, 2011, 09:05 PM
Ultrabella has very thick and layered hair. Go look at her album

ravenreed
October 21st, 2011, 09:10 PM
I will try have my mom take a nice picture tomorrow. I am about 2 inches from classic and I have layers and more layers. I don't usually quite so many, but I am regrowing after a really bad shed some months ago.

heartgoesboom
October 21st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Ultrabella has very thick and layered hair. Go look at her album

i love her hair, but i need to see the layers on straight hair because i need to be very, very clear with pictures what i want my hair to look like after it is done :P

thank you!

I will try have my mom take a nice picture tomorrow. I am about 2 inches from classic and I have layers and more layers. I don't usually quite so many, but I am regrowing after a really bad shed some months ago.

oO, i would love that ravenreed :) i would love classic hair with a lot of layers! also, by waiting for your pictures, i won't be so quick to get the cut early in the morning tomorrow :P

heartgoesboom
October 29th, 2011, 01:38 PM
*bump* i got my hair cut!

i know it's not a popular style here, but my stylist did a great job doing the hair cut i showed her that even my boyfriend is praising her.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8196&pictureid=117414

my hair was waist length and almost one length except for the canopy that was bsl. now, the longest layer is just above my waist from the back. it feels so short right now, but i think i'll be growing my hair long with the layers.

turtlelover
October 29th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Heartgoesboom,

I think your hair is GORGEOUS! I would totally love to have that haircut if my hair were straight!!! :-)

GlennaGirl
October 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM
*bump* i got my hair cut!

i know it's not a popular style here, but my stylist did a great job doing the hair cut i showed her that even my boyfriend is praising her.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8196&pictureid=117414

my hair was waist length and almost one length except for the canopy that was bsl. now, the longest layer is just above my waist from the back. it feels so short right now, but i think i'll be growing my hair long with the layers.

Holy moley, that is BEAUTIFUL. You have such nice thick hair.

MissManda
October 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Your layers are so pretty! Wow! :thud:

Slinks
October 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM
WOW .. very nice :-) :thud:

Inching Along
October 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Gorgeous! I think you are pulling off that style with flair! Enjoy!

newbeginning
October 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Your hair looks awesome. It's a great style.

longhairedwolf
October 29th, 2011, 03:30 PM
That's a great style on you. Your hair is beautiful!

kidari
October 29th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Oh wow, love the layers on you! I love MBL with lots of layers, it's what I decided is my favorite, it's super versatile, but I may try growing it to waist with layers and see how it goes. Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed this thread!

Yozhik
October 29th, 2011, 04:12 PM
What a cute cut!

It definitely makes me want to recut layers into my hair. :hmm:

bettylibertine
October 29th, 2011, 04:28 PM
It turned out really nicely! I'm thinking I might have to get some more layers cut into MY hair :p

dulce
October 29th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I love that haircut!!!Unfortunately I am too curly or I'd be tempted .

blondie9912
October 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM
The cut looks awesome! Don't worry about whether it's popular on LHC or not, do whatever makes you happy :D

Maktub
October 29th, 2011, 05:03 PM
gorgeous cut ! I'd love to see the back view too, if you want !

Aqua Gal
October 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Wow, so pretty. I am a big fan of layers and yours came out perfectly.

Capybara
October 29th, 2011, 06:33 PM
What a pretty style! You must be pleased :)

Amber_Maiden
October 29th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I do. My hair is almost at waist and is layered- but I don't style it so... I'm not sure if you can really tell have the time.

DarkSky
October 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Mine is also midback length with lots of layers. Seriously I think I need them for the sake of my curly/wurly head. They help give my hair shape and an overall less bulky look.

BTW beautiful results!!!

lizdini
October 29th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I don't have pictures, but my co worker has beautiful straight black hip length hair with a lot of layering. It looks really good and she wears it down most of the time.

fairystar32
October 29th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I had layers cut around the front at the beginning of this year and have bordering on waist length. This has been done 4+ times now and I have noticed my hair becomming thinner and thinner, when I do length shots, infact I just commented on my album from this months shots. I didnt know what was going on, I knew I had been doing a lot of S& D, but it looks so much thinner, then I realised, my one length hair after quite a few layer cuts was loosing its bulk (my hair is not thick anymore anyway)
I now have to decide between my layers and loosing thickness or growing them out and getting the fullness back :(

Just a consideration..

kanaka
October 29th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Pretty haircut and it is amazing. I love layers and your is awesome

heartgoesboom
October 30th, 2011, 08:18 AM
THANKS EVERYONE! the picture i showed my stylist has longer hair than mine so i feel good that i can keep growing with this hair. i'll try to take a picture of the back. it feels so short because of all the bulk that was taken off... but my hair was damaged so a lot of the dry ends were taken off!

I don't have pictures, but my co worker has beautiful straight black hip length hair with a lot of layering. It looks really good and she wears it down most of the time.

that sounds so pretty, i hope i can get there!

I had layers cut around the front at the beginning of this year and have bordering on waist length. This has been done 4+ times now and I have noticed my hair becomming thinner and thinner, when I do length shots, infact I just commented on my album from this months shots. I didnt know what was going on, I knew I had been doing a lot of S& D, but it looks so much thinner, then I realised, my one length hair after quite a few layer cuts was loosing its bulk (my hair is not thick anymore anyway)
I now have to decide between my layers and loosing thickness or growing them out and getting the fullness back :(

Just a consideration..

my stylist actually didn't cut layers in the back, they are all in the front... if that makes sense. lol.

fairystar32
October 30th, 2011, 05:07 PM
My layers were only at the front too.
When I put all my hair at the back for pictures, I can see the loss of the thickness. Constantly cutting layers at the front, has affected the overall thickness, as it would do, I just did not realise how much...
My hubby says it actually looks better IRL and more shaped though, he prefers it :)

my stylist actually didn't cut layers in the back, they are all in the front... if that makes sense. lol.

heartgoesboom
October 30th, 2011, 05:24 PM
My layers were only at the front too.
When I put all my hair at the back for pictures, I can see the loss of the thickness. Constantly cutting layers at the front, has affected the overall thickness, as it would do, I just did not realise how much...
My hubby says it actually looks better IRL and more shaped though, he prefers it :)

hmm, i'll keep track. currently my hair circumference is over 4 inches. i'll probably freak if it goes down by a quarter of an inch and cut it lol. is your hair layered now? coz it looks pretty thick to me!

fairystar32
October 30th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Yes its still layered at the front. those pictures are from March-May
Its a LOT less full at the back lately and I had no idea what was going on, you can see in my album
I have been loosing less hair, keeping up with S&D, a had LOT less breakage this year, yet it looks so much thinner, it was DH who guessed why...
I am now debating to either keep the layer and loose the back thickness or let them grow out.

CavySong
October 30th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Though I have had a cut since, My siggy pic shows what happened when I had layers. Without them I have a bit more of a body wave. It really brought out the curl.

Kristin
October 30th, 2011, 07:04 PM
It looks awesome! Congrats!

dRummie
October 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM
That's really pretty! Looks very different from most layered haircut I've seen around here, in a good way :)

heartgoesboom
October 30th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Yes its still layered at the front. those pictures are from March-May
Its a LOT less full at the back lately and I had no idea what was going on, you can see in my album
I have been loosing less hair, keeping up with S&D, a had LOT less breakage this year, yet it looks so much thinner, it was DH who guessed why...
I am now debating to either keep the layer and loose the back thickness or let them grow out.

oh, that's not bad at all. well, i cut it since i didn't like the thickness of blunt as much as i thought i would (i only had blunt hair for less than a year, lol... i always have some type of layers. the only thing i hate the most is a lot of layers in the back!)

Though I have had a cut since, My siggy pic shows what happened when I had layers. Without them I have a bit more of a body wave. It really brought out the curl.

that looks great! i keep finding more pics of long, layered hair so i'm excited to grow it out.