PDA

View Full Version : WO rinses between washes?

jujube
October 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
I CO and I have manage to stretch washes from once a day to three times a week. I'd like to eventually go down to once a week. I've tried dry shampoo, but I'd like to go without this time. I was wondering if any of you had experience with doing WO rinses (maybe followed with a vinegar rinse and a teensy bit of conditioner on the ends) between regular washes?

Will it help, or will it make my hair feel drier, more tangly, etc? I know I'll ultimately have to try it for myself, but wanted to know if it would be worth it.

celebriangel
October 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM
WO rinses are awesome for my hair. I massage lots, do a vinegar rinse, then oil my damp ends (I tried with a bit of conditioner on the ends, but it was better without).

WO rinses, for me, did do an excellent job of refreshing my hair between washes.

Spring
October 21st, 2011, 01:28 PM
There's also the option of WO scalp washes..

BlazingHeart
October 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM
I can't wo unless I want a mass of tangles. It just doesn't agree with my hair. Kind of amuses me because my hair is generally extremely low tangle and pretty easy care.

ravenreed
October 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM
WO just makes my hair look greasier. I have even tried a vinegar rinse and it just doesn't work for me. The only way to know is to give it a try.

Panth
October 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM
I do this if I get sweaty or if I'm overheating and want to cool off. Once it's totally fine. Twice is usually fine too. Any more than twice and I start getting tangles. I suspect it's because I oil shampoo and the coconut oil that's doing my conditioning gets washed out.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I usually finish up with a vinegar rinse if/when I remember ... which is not too often for WO.

LaceyNg
October 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
i CO washed for 3-4 months, and for me WO rinses in between washes worked well. i just made sure to really massage my scalp during the WO rinse, and i never felt any greasier. my hair is usually pretty tangly if i mess with it while its wet, but if i just left it alone till it was dry i had no problems.

and i know you're CO washing now, but you might want to look into shampoo bars. they're super gentle (at least the all-natural ones i get from Chagrin Valley are), and have made it sooooo much easier for me to stretch washes, even with no WO in between. and i love that the ones from Chagrin Valley come in soooooo many varieties, and all(?) have oils in them too. just a thought :)