PDA

View Full Version : Do girls think that guys shouldn't have hair longer than shoulder length?

alexandros22
October 21st, 2011, 07:26 AM
Most of the girls I know seem to believe that it's ok for a guy to have long hair but not longer than shoulder length. So, do you girls believe that shoulder length hair (or any other length) is the longest acceptable hair length for a guy?

PinkyCat
October 21st, 2011, 07:30 AM
A lot of that has to do with his work too. My honey bug has longish hair but has to keep it professional looking as he does a lot of international business. I'm sure he would have it longer if he could.

redmj
October 21st, 2011, 07:42 AM
I, personally, do not care for the look of long hair on a man. Although, I did see a man the other day who had the most beautiful midback length hair. I had some serious hair envy.

Fortresca
October 21st, 2011, 07:49 AM
If long hair isn't only a political/social statement, I like long hair on guys (as long as it fits the hair type, that is).

StormVixen
October 21st, 2011, 07:55 AM
I think all guys should grow beyond shoulders at least once in their lives :)

(I was only being half serious here... what I meant was I would love to see what all men look like with longer hair, its too rare around here... I'm quite sure that there are men who'd love to grow long but don't because of societies expectations.)

kyandii
October 21st, 2011, 08:02 AM
I must be a strange one. I'm encouraging my other half to grow to tail bone. :D

Maktub
October 21st, 2011, 08:06 AM
I think all guys should have their hair exactly the way they like it themselves. Self-confidence is sexyer than anything else. :)

MonaLisa
October 21st, 2011, 08:18 AM
No, i don't think that girls think that.
I think its more likely that some other MEN would think that..

How long your hair will be is a personal choice..
and i believe majority of girls and boys think this way too, at least i hope so.

As for me, I like it longish...not really long, just messy locks for cuddles..
But i admire it long and definitely wouldnt mind it...
I sort of dislike short, default styles

gretchen_hair
October 21st, 2011, 08:23 AM
I think that a guy, or a girl, should wear their hair as they see fit. It doesn't matter what I, or anyone else thinks about what is acceptable or what is not acceptable.

If someone chooses a job where they have to maintain a clean cut, that is their choice to take the position and maintain their hair according to the standards of the company t hat they are working for.

But in the end, I think that any length is acceptable for any guy or gal. :flower:

moxamoll
October 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
I think gender doesn't matter, people should wear their hair however makes them happy. My only caveat is what we all seem to agree on - take care of it appropriately and keep it healthy!

That said, one of the sexiest guys I've ever seen was a Native American man who had thick, straight, glossy black hair almost to his waist. Droooolllll.... I was severely tempted to just follow him around petting it. :blushing: :crush: Thank goodness I was much too shy at the time to even say hello.

frodolaughs
October 21st, 2011, 08:36 AM
I would like everyone to be able to wear their hair at whatever length and in whatever style they want. I know that there are places where this is considered unacceptable. I think that is a real shame.

Personally, I love seeing hair of all types on both genders. I think long hair on guys can look incredible--just as it can on women. I also think it's not for everyone, and that's perfectly OK.

Juicematic
October 21st, 2011, 08:39 AM
I don't care for long hair at all on men. I may make exception for dreads on select men but they must be in excellent condition.

Shelly
October 21st, 2011, 08:42 AM
In my opinion, it doesn't matter how long a guy's hair is as long as he takes care of it. My man has gorgeous TBL hair that is well taken care of.

PurpleAshes
October 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM
Oh, the longer, the better.

kittensoupnrice
October 21st, 2011, 08:44 AM
My DH has waist length hair. I'm trying to get him to grow it longer. :inlove:

BelleBot
October 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
I think guys should have hair as long as they want. My other half has tailbone length hair and it's gorgeous, I love it, it looks so striking. :)

Cassie 123
October 21st, 2011, 08:51 AM
It seems like this question pops up anew almost every month, and it is almost always worded as "girls" rather than "women". Why is that? ;)

Anyway, the vast majority of the answers you'll get here will be in favor of long hair on everybody. It's a long hair site, after all.

And, to answer your question, I like hair of any length on guys. :thumbsup:

ssjhotau2
October 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
I think it depends on the person-

There are some men with long hair that it just does nothing for their face- it just hangs there like a curtain, and- as much as they loved it they looked much better with it short when they had to cut it. Best example I have is a co-worker... who grew his hair long after chemo, but had to cut it from TBL to get the job. He never did anything with it though and it was stick straight, thick, with a blunt hemline and very damaged ends. Having it so blunt like that and so thick really overpowered his face.

But then there are the guys who can pull off very long hair casually. There is a guy who comes into my work who has my dream hair. Very defined, but gentle waves that fall to mid-thigh with fairy tale ends. I asked him how long he wanted to grow and he shrugged and said "until I get bored with it." His girlfriend is between BSL and Waist. He also rarely did anything with his hair- occasionally it has been braided. But just something about the way he wears his hair and carries himself makes the hair suit him very well. I don't think he would be as attractive with shorter hair.

Lol so I think it depends on the guy and how comfortable he is with rocking long hair-
I don't think I'm very helpful at all lol.

Chetanlaiho
October 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Personally I love it when guys have longer hair. I've met men with midback length or even hip length and it was awesome ^_^

heidi w.
October 21st, 2011, 09:01 AM
I think everyone should be allowed to have whatever hair length they want. It's not my head, my body nor my hair, nor therefore, my concern if it's somebody else's hair, head, body and life.

This rather falls under the heading I count as "None of My Business"
heidi w.

FrozenBritannia
October 21st, 2011, 09:04 AM
TBH, it's been a while since I even saw a guy with long hair, there are only a few in town here due to most of the male population working for oil and gas and they tend to have regulations about that sort of thing- beards, long hair, too many piercings.. Just for safety reasons alone. Nobody wants to get their hair caught in a machine or chain system.

That being said, I have a personal dislike for anything in between. I like guys with short hair, and I think long hair (waist or longer) also looks good on guys. I don't like the inbetween stages because it either seems like beiber lost control, or they are trying to look like Prof. Snape and it's all in their face.
Maybe it's just that I like it best when it looks like they are taking care of it, and I can still see their other features?

Jeno86
October 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Personally, I love men with long hair, doesn't matter what length it is. My boyfriend has hair longer than mine and I'm near mid-back. But as others have stated on here, it should be up to the person on how long they like their hair. If a girl or boy doesn't like the length of hair on another person, that's their problem.

Animae
October 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
i like guys with long hair, provided that they take care of it.

Amber_Maiden
October 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM
I love long hair on guys! My husbands long hair was actually the first thing that attracted me to him when I saw him for the first time. He's cut it very short now though- basically buzz cut short. It actually looks pretty good.

Mythica
October 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think for me, it really depends on the guy. One may look absolutely fantastic with short hair because it suits both his face and personality. Another may look smokin' with hair to his shoulders or even tailbone.

But usually, my aesthetic preference is for APL to midback--as long as it suits them. But as I said, it heavily depends on the guy, and even more so on whether or not they like their hair as it is. Because if they like it, there's a big chance that I'll love it too.

And of course, it also depends on how well they take care of it! Like many people have already stated, at any length, healthy shiny hair is always more appealing than the alternative.

CC-Bale
October 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
I think it's acceptable for men to have any type of hair they want. However, I only seen men that have mid-back length hair but I'd love to see a man who could pull off longer hair.

Vanille_
October 21st, 2011, 11:06 AM
I personally don't like it. No offense guys! (many people don't like long hair on me too) it's such a personal choice and I think it only matters what they prefer.

I've been in a relationship for so long that I really don't look at guys too closely.

Though hair long enough to be messily tossed is really nice to me. Just an inch or two is not preferably to me either.

Ermine
October 21st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Depends on the guy. Some can pull off long hair really well, some look awesome in a buzz cut. It depends on their personality, facial structure, attitude, etc. But if they decide to go for long hair, they need to take care of it. Nothing fancy required, just wash and brush/comb regularly and use some conditioner.

redmj
October 21st, 2011, 11:18 AM
I personally don't like it. No offense guys! (many people don't like long hair on me too) it such a personal choice and I think it only matter what they prefer.

I've been in a relationship for so long that I really don't look at guys too closely.

Though hair long enough to be messily tossed is really nice to me. Just an inch or two is not preferably to me either.

I am the same way. I have always been drawn to military guys so the hair kinda goes with it. I used to play with my bf's hair all the time just because it was so short and soft and different from my own. Now I play with my brother's.

patienceneeded
October 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Whatever style he wants and makes him happy! Same for ladies. Any person, regardless of gender, should be entitled to wear their hair at whatever length they feel is best for them and makes them happy. Certain professions may have rules regarding hair and wardrobe, which is perfectly appropriate. As long as your hair fits youe lifestyle, job, and desires, who care what length it is? Or color for that matter....

luxepiggy
October 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
I LOVE long hair on men! I wish more men would grow their hair past shoulder length (^(oo)^)v

Orangerthanred
October 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
I think anyone, regardless of their gender/sex [or lack of gender/sex] should have hair that suits them. If they look nice with long hair, go for it.

alexandros22
October 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
It seems like this question pops up anew almost every month, and it is almost always worded as "girls" rather than "women". Why is that? ;)

Anyway, the vast majority of the answers you'll get here will be in favor of long hair on everybody. It's a long hair site, after all.

And, to answer your question, I like hair of any length on guys. :thumbsup:

You are right, but my question was on the specific length and not long hair on guys generally. I didn't use "girls" instead of "women" for any particular reason, even though obviously the opposite sex opinion matters when it comes to appearance. Personally, I try to find the balance between what I want and what other people like on me.

Luna12345
October 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
I actually love long hair on men, I mean longer than shoulder length but a lot of my friends think I'm weird.

TitaniaOfFairys
October 21st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Oh no!!! I love long hair on men! :crush: The longer, the better - but only if it suits his personality of course, and if he takes care of it.
I personally don't like buzz cut on men. I don't find it attractive or manly - actually I find long hair way more manly.
But I agree that everyone should do whatever they want with their hair.

EdG
October 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
My genetics are telling me that my ancestors must have liked hair that was a lot longer than shoulder-length. :D
Ed

Arashi
October 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM
I think guys should have whatever sort of hair they want. But according to my personal preference, longer-than-shoulder-length hair on men is awesome, as others here have said the longer the better. :rockerdud

wooliswonderful
October 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM
The longer the better. :)

PixxieStix
October 21st, 2011, 07:40 PM
If they are going to wear it long, they should wear it as long as they want. I'm a little biased, I've always loved long hair (waist length +) on men, and my FH had gorgeous waist length hair when we first met, but chopped it off a few years ago because he wanted a change. However, now we are in a race to see who can get to waist first. I hope to make it all the way to hip/tailbone, but don't think he'll go that far, but you never know.

dragonette@1
October 21st, 2011, 07:53 PM
As long as it is clean and healthy, let them wear it as long as they like! I grew up in the 70's, so I love men with long hair.

I do think if they are bald on top, that they should probably consider cutting off the pony tail.

invisiblebabe
October 21st, 2011, 08:00 PM
I have heard many women say they think Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones is very attractive.

http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/141735/khal-drogo5B15D.jpg