PDA

View Full Version : Dutch braids on SHORT hair????

Gilly
October 21st, 2011, 01:48 AM
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial for doing a dutch braid on truly short hair?
All the ones I have found are on hair that is way longer than mine, even though I am searching for "dutch braid for short hair":rolleyes:
I would love to have a go at them but I really can't figure out how to adapt it for my short hair!:confused:

oktobergoud
October 21st, 2011, 01:51 AM
No help here but isn't it just the same as with long hair? You just have more layers though so it's harder than with long hair.... but still. I do dutch braids all the time. Have you tried braiding your bangs, for example? I'd start with something small. I don't know how short your hair is, but mine is a grown out pixie, so a bit like a shaggy bobs with layers. It's really easy, but the most difficult thing are the layers: sometimes there will stick out pieces of hair. So my advice is, don't try to make it too thick..

That's it though, I don't really have a tutorial for you. Can you French braid your hair?

Madora
October 21st, 2011, 06:44 AM
Gilly, here's a video on how to do a lace braid. Granted, her length is longer than what you have, but the tutorial is great for explaning how you create a lace braid around your head.

Since your hair is short, you might find it difficult braiding. Also, if your hair is layered, this makes braiding even harder.

If you still want to give it a go, then try dampening your hair first, then braiding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Good luck!