PDA

View Full Version : Possible cause of growth delay?

Shona
October 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hello everyone!

I've had quite a drastic stunt in growth recently, and I'm trying to think of reasons for it, and I was wondering if being on antibiotics can stunt growth? I've been on antibiotics for around two months for a skin condition, could this be causing the problem? I've also had to stop taking any vitamins while being on them as they are not advised to be taken with the antibiotics, though I'm planning to start taking biotin tablets once I am off the pills. Has anyone every heard of antibioctics causing hair growth delay? Thanks! :magic:

cmg
October 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM
If your body is preoccupied with some illness for which you have to take antibiotics, then your hair growth may decrease a little. All energy goes to your immunosystem. And this might coincide with a natural hair pause, add some stress to that ... Take care!

vatikagirl
October 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM
totally agree with cmg... i was in hospital for around 15 days... and had crazy weight loss, heavy medicines for months... my hair bearly grew... and for me its like crazy... coz my hair grows pretty fast... around 3/4 inch a month...
after that medical situation i noticed not only did my hair hadnt grown... they had become thinner almost frm M to F texture.... but relax its just matter of months it will be come to its original state when you immune system is a bit more relaxed...
good luck.

Shona
October 21st, 2011, 06:04 AM
That you very much, this resores some faith I have in my hair! not long until I'm off this medication, woo!