PDA

View Full Version : The French Twist Bun (video)

Hypnotica
July 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Hey, it's *fun* to do hair videos!

This is one of my favourite do's that are *perfect* for a Ficcare.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3744462317182825886

crebbsgirl
July 5th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Wow Hypnotica, you make it look so easy! I am running to the bathroom to try this right now!!! And again - that hair!!!!!

brok3nwings
July 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Hipnotice your hair is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shiny!!!!! What is your original colour of hair? Do you use henna?? (sorry i know it is out of context)

Hypnotica
July 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM
My original haircolur is the kind you call "mousy" and I do use henna.

eadwine
July 5th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Nice!! But umm.. it's a log roll ;) Just done differently.

But looking good and nice ficcare!

lora410
July 5th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I do this by twisting up and doing a cinnamon bun on the very top :D

Hypnotica
July 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Well, it's somekind of unholy union of a log roll and french twist. I wouldn't call it a log roll, thought. And "log roll french twist bun" seems a bit long to call it. :D

I do this by twisting up and doing a cinnamon bun on the very top :D

I find it har to get a nice looking bun at the top with that technich. OTOH, I like my more "messy" version better as it gives the hair a thicker look.

Indigo Girl
July 5th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I like this! I am trying to work on french twists myself right now. Thanks for posting this video! :flower:

And nice ficarre, too!

EvaSimone
July 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I used to love doing french twists when my hair was shorter.
Now that it's longer I havent been able to do it because I always get the big lump at the top, I never thought to use little clippies like you do!

Now I have two hair styles to try out, the nautilus bun and the french twist.

DecafJane
July 5th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Wow, that is a great do, and I love the print Ficcare - it suits your hair colour so well. :D
(Lovely hair!!!)

Ciel
July 5th, 2008, 11:22 PM
UI really like your French twist. that clip is so cute by the way.:)

misstwist
July 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I've been doing exactly that and securing it with a stick.

rhosyn_du
July 6th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Oh, awesome! This has been my quick go-to style for the past couple months (same color ficcare and everything, oddly), and I've having the hardest time finding a good way to secure the top part. I hadn't thought to use small claw clips, so thank you. Also, "French Twist Bun" is much better than what I've been calling it ("messy sort of french twist thingy").

Hypnotica
July 6th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I like this! I am trying to work on french twists myself right now. Thanks for posting this video! :flower:

And nice ficarre, too!

That is the first Ficcare I ever got and it's still my favourite.

I used to love doing french twists when my hair was shorter.
Now that it's longer I havent been able to do it because I always get the big lump at the top, I never thought to use little clippies like you do!

Now I have two hair styles to try out, the nautilus bun and the french twist.

You can also flip down the bun under the twist. The result is a very nice, unlumpy french twist.

Wow, that is a great do, and I love the print Ficcare - it suits your hair colour so well. :D
(Lovely hair!!!)

I never thought that light hair pretties would look nice in my hair, but I was very wrong. :)

UI really like your French twist. that clip is so cute by the way.:)

Than you! :)

Oh, awesome! This has been my quick go-to style for the past couple months (same color ficcare and everything, oddly), and I've having the hardest time finding a good way to secure the top part. I hadn't thought to use small claw clips, so thank you. Also, "French Twist Bun" is much better than what I've been calling it ("messy sort of french twist thingy").

You can use bobby pins too, but I think it's easier and nicer looking with tiny claw clips.

musicmomma
August 18th, 2008, 01:34 PM
wow, i really need to get started on trying all these buns. its been years since i could do braids and right now i can't get enough of them. thanks for the video.

ReadingRenee
August 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM
wow for the first time EVER I saw a hairstyle video that I already do and know how to do! The only thing different is I do not have your fabulously thick hair Hypnotica, and I use Good Hair days pins instead of little clips. It works really well. :)

Thanks for the video! :)

pariate
August 18th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Oh, I like it! I'm an updo lurker though - I love admiring the things other people manage to do with their hair but I never get around to doing them myself. Too lazy I guess.

You have gorgeous hair :)

levelek
August 19th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Genius! Thanks so much for this video, Hypnotica! I've never in my life managed either a French twist or a log roll... but this I could actually more or less reproduce! :joy: My hair is a touch on the long side for this, but I can just about pull it off.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff17/levelek/beograd037.jpg

(I used a hairstick and plastic U-shaped pins to fix it.

pariate
August 19th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Levelek, your hair looks fab! Looks super-thick too :) I'm a tad envious... ;)

levelek
August 20th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Thank you, pariate ;)

Leneveu
June 28th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Wow! This is a great technique. Thanks for posting this, Hypnotica.

I also found this little video - it's a similar technique, secured with a hairstick.

http://www.senzalimiti.net/english/film/film.htm

(And a warning: pretty, expensive hairtoys for sale on this site ;) )

Redheaded Raven
June 28th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks for posting this, Hypnotica
I will have to try it some time :)

Lady Godiva
June 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM

Well, it's somekind of unholy union of a log roll and french twist. I wouldn't call it a log roll, thought. And "log roll french twist bun" seems a bit long to call it. :D

It's the first steps of a log roll, except for tucking the leftover length/ends vertically behind the log instead of wrapping them around and around, due to extra length.

And I'm right-handed, haha. ;)

Ficcare Maximas really are perfect for any kind of French twist or log roll style, though, which is why I have quite a few, including the one that you use! :cool:

P.S. Your avatar style is simply gorgeous, too! I wonder if I could duplicate it without it looking too ridiculous. :ponder:

Hypnotica
June 28th, 2009, 12:35 PM
It's the first steps of a log roll, except for tucking the leftover length/ends vertically behind the log instead of wrapping them around and around, due to extra length.

And I'm right-handed, haha. ;)

Ficcare Maximas really are perfect for any kind of French twist or log roll style, though, which is why I have quite a few, including the one that you use! :cool:

P.S. Your avatar style is simply gorgeous, too! I wonder if I could duplicate it without it looking too ridiculous. :ponder:

:D

I believe you can!

Nyghtingale
June 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Very nice!