PDA

View Full Version : Hair growing in spurts or am I just not as observant as I thought?

pietri
March 14th, 2008, 06:39 AM
My thought for the day: am I the only person whose hair seems to grow in spurts? I dyed my hair chamically *shudders* about two weeks ago to try (again *sighs*) and get as close to my natural colour as possible. I haven't decided what if anything I'm going to do about the silver coming in all around my face - perhaps I'll go with non-permanent dyes.

Anyway, yesterday I suddenly found that I can see about 1/4 inch of new silvers mainly on the sides and on the left side of my forehead - where on earth do those come from suddenly? Does anybody else's hair just sort of jump out of their scalp and go "Wooot, I'm here and I've grown!"?

Curlsgirl
March 14th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I have dyed only my roots for quite a while and I notice about the same every 2 weeks but sometimes a little more. It does vary though and occasionally I get more growth in 2 weeks than normal. You notice it more when you dye your roots is all I think because you can see the line.

lora410
March 14th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Yes, hair does grow in spurts for some people and then some are continuous growers (lucky them):demon:. Hair also doesn't grow all at once on your head. My top layers just got done growing about 3 inches and my bottom length stopped growing. Talk about frustration when all you want is more length on the bottom. Last time I dyed my hair it didn't grow near the top for over 1 month.

Feisty Redhead
March 14th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I can't relate to the dye thing because I don't dye my hair, but yes for most people hair grows in "spurts". There are some phases where it just "rests" and then it starts growing again. Some people (myself included) notice changes in growth around season changes/different times of year, stress can sometimes have an effect on growth etc. My hair was in a bit of a stall during the colder Winter months (as usual) but now that it has warmed up again and Spring is just around the corner I'm growing like a weed again. :D

pietri
March 16th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Ha, at least I'm no freak as far as hair growth is concerned ;)

You know, I'm not really unhappy about the line of dye growing out, at least it shows which strands are racing ahead right now *goes to cheer the forward strands of hair*

ChloeDharma
March 16th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Oh my hair definately grows in spurts.....i often notice that after i henna i get no regrowth for maybe 2 weeks then suddenly i can see them. I used to get quite stressed over it. Though i do also notice the hair at the top of my head grows slower than the hair sort of in the back area so i'd also gain more length than my roots showed, for ages i thought it was bad measuring.

Airmide
March 16th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I've been frustrated cause I'm having a HUGE shed, and my hair hasn't grown since like October! I had a big winter shed last year too, but I thought that was because I'd just started thyroid meds. I guess this year it could be because I started trying monistat? I have no idea, I would have thought that would have improved things.

Carina
March 16th, 2008, 10:58 PM
My hair seems to grow in spurts to.I just hate the stalling in between so much.Since I wear my hair up most of the time I don't notice my growth that much in a month.But I'm an inch from bsl so I'm waiting so much for that goal to be reached.