PDA

View Full Version : Slower growing hair near hairline?

MissYimK
October 19th, 2011, 12:46 PM
After an unfortunate bleaching accident that I will not delve too much into, some of my hair melted off.

A month & a half later...

It is growing back, but they're only about an inch long so they tend to stick up straight in the air. The hairs that are underneath don't bother me so much because they are hidden, however the hairs near my bangs and hairline are crazy! They keep flying in my eyes and are still curly fried at the ends because some strands are still half bleached.

I measure every week or so... (A little excessive I know, but I'm very impatient!) And I noticed that the hairs everywhere else have grown about an inch, but the hairs near my hairline (i.e. baby hairs that are much finer) have barely grown a centimeter.

I'm not quite sure what to do about this... Because my baby hairs were always short to begin with. Will my baby hairs be grown out by the time the rest of my hair grows out? The idea of trimming my baby hairs frightens me. I'm not sure what to do...

Any suggestions :) Or anyone elses experience with bleached baby hairs and them growing out is much appreciated. Thank you!

Madora
October 19th, 2011, 01:10 PM
The hairs around the hairline are some of the most fragile on your head. It is not unusual for them to be all over the place. If you want to tame them a bit, try a tiny bit of coconut oil, rubbed on your palms, then applied to the fly aways.

In the meantime, if at all possible, avoid pulling those fragile hairs back tightly. A soft fabric hairband might help to hold some of them down.

Not all of the tiny front hairs will grow to a great length. It all depends on your genetics and how careful you are with your hair care regime. Do try and avoid all kinds of heat and straightening so those fragile hairs are kept as virgin as possible.

MychelleC
October 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I am having a different but similar problem. After having a baby I had some fallout, and my "sideburn" hair is all crazy and sticking out. It needs to catch up with the rest of my hair, but it is taking forever! I have read that the hair along our hairline and sides of our head is technically facial hair, and grows at a much slower rate than the our head hair. That makes some sense to me. I am sorry you went through that; I'm glad it's coming back!