PDA

View Full Version : What do u do with the OTHER hair?

ya-ya C
October 19th, 2011, 08:03 AM
This one was inspired by the thread about "hennaing betty" to match the color of the hair on the head :eyebrows:

redmj
October 19th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I used to do all three but then got lazy.... there is no one besides myself who cares so why bother. It was mighty uncomfy at first though.

Polgarra
October 19th, 2011, 10:14 AM
You left off lazar treatment, ouch!

Finnenna
October 19th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I get rid of it all...I have pale skin and black body hair, so I get rid of it. I wish I had money and time for permanent removal. I find it more comfortable to be hairless, too itchy otherwise..

PixxieStix
October 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM
The pits and legs are gone, but the bikini area is simply tidied up a bit.

AlabasterAlice
October 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I shave my pits and legs, what I do with the lady bits is more of a mood-thing. I prefer things waxed, but ingrown hairs would beg to differ. Still trying to figure out which is best for me. :)

battles
October 19th, 2011, 10:39 AM
You know this is on a public board, right? :confused:

furnival
October 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I used to do the shaving thing until I realised that I wasn't doing it because I wanted to, I was doing it because I thought I should, and because I thought other people would think I was weird if I didn't. I've since come to realise that, if somebody is genuinely put off by my hairy bits, they're not my kind of person at all. :) And also, why I'd ever want to shave off my lovely muff is beyond me.

Asche
October 19th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Omg I can't stand hair anywhere else.... I'm smooth everywhere but betty has a mohawk :D TMI: (she'd be bald but DH says it looks kinda prepubescent....)

AnnaJamila
October 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I also remove the hair on my arms. Lol, I'm a lil obsessed about it! :o

Orangerthanred
October 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I only shave my armpits and legs in the summer, if I'm going swimming. Otherwise, I shave nothing. It hurts and I prefer keeping my body hair.

pepperminttea
October 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Humans have hair. I haven't found a good enough reason to put myself through tedious and often painful processes to get rid of it. :shrug: And y'know what? I go swimming too, regularly. No-one's charged their therapy bill to me yet. :p

Vanille_
October 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I also remove the hair on my arms. Lol, I'm a lil obsessed about it! :o

Me too! If I could reach my back, I'd do that too. I get my back waxed if I know there is something coming up that is going to require me to show of my back more often. (like a trip to a warm place, or something that requires me to wear a dress.)

owlathena
October 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I shave my armpits every time I shower. Legs depends on the weather/if I feel like it. Bikini, well...I usually leave that be, maybe shave a couple times a year (So I said just legs and pits).

Emmental
October 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM
You left off permanent hair removal.

PinkyCat
October 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I epillate. Ouch = smooth.

kidari
October 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I shave/wax/epilate all three and really considering getting laser or electrolysis

luxepiggy
October 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Laser (^(oo)^)v

pink.sara
October 19th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I shave, wax and laser Everything!
Legs, arms, pits, bikini you name it. I hate how my natural head hair is so dark yet every body hair except my eyebrows (which I wax) are shiny shiny strawberry blonde.

Herb
October 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I'm a hairy Italian hippie.

MissManda
October 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
My leg hair is so fine and blonde that it isn't super noticeable, so I generally don't bother with shaving my lower legs unless I feel like it. It also helps me save money on razors and soap, so no big deal. :shrug:

I do shave my armpits, though, because the hair there is darker and coarser and it causes unwanted body odor.

Mairéad
October 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I do hair removal on a "as needed" basis. In other words, if I'm not showing leg in public, don't shave them. If I'm not wearing a sleeveless shirt in public, don't shave pits. As for my *ahem* I just keep it neat and tidy. None of that completely bald stuff. I will do maintenance on that area every week or so. My DBF doesn't seem bothered by my grooming, or large lack of.

ssjhotau2
October 19th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm lazy- so my grooming standards tend more towards the "when it gets too itchy" or "as needed" but I do shave it all. My arm and over all body hair is a very fine blonde so I leave that alone, but my underarms, belly, "bikini area", back of my thighs, and lower leg are all dark brown hair and so very noticeable against my pale skin.
I shave my bikini area also out of laziness- I would prefer a cute triangle or strip or something, but I'm not talented enough with a razor and too lazy/impatient to spend the time trying to shape it- so it all comes off lol

thelittlestdoc
October 19th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I shave my armpits daily, my legs once or twice a week (usually twice a week up to the knee, once above the knee--for some reason the hair on my thighs grows at 1/4 the rate of my lower legs), and my bikini area is normally just tidied up. My bikini area is the only spot I'm prone to ingrown hairs and the sensitive skin rashes much more easily, so it's fairly rare for me to go completely bare downstairs. Even though I think they're a bit hairy I leave my arms alone. Arm stubble freaks me out.

I'd leave my body hair alone if I wasn't so pale with such dark hair. It's just not a look I love :)

KwaveT
October 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I do all three. I shave just about everything on my body but my chest hair. You will never see this man without a shirt in public so I don't worry about it since mine is not as thick as many men's anyway. I do my feet, legs, pubic, what you ladies call bikini, arms, hands, and my facial hair. My legs are done three times a week, my face twice a week, pubic and bikini twice a week, and my armpits about every week and a half to two weeks. I do the arms and my hands once to twice a week. Needless to say, I don't like body hair.

Pierre
October 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I don't shave. My lower legs are less hairy than if I left them alone, but what I'm really doing is scraping off dead skin cells in the shower, and removing some hairs is a side effect. My beard is past my belly button.

jennescence
October 20th, 2011, 12:10 AM
I alternate between Veet and shaving

|Xei
October 20th, 2011, 03:22 AM
I shave the pits, though not very regularly. Every 2 weeks would probably be the average, but I've gone for months on end without shaving the previous winter. I like sleeveless shirts though, so the pits are smooth most of the time during summer. The bikini area is usually trimmed short. The rest of my body hair is close enough to nonexistence that it would be a complete waste of time for me to do anything about it.

Alaia
October 20th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I shave my (lower) legs, bikini (actually a bit more than that :p ) and underarms.

Sometimes I let the legs go in winter since my hair there is blonde but the rest? Nope.

Ishje
October 20th, 2011, 07:01 AM
I remove my armpit hair, I keep up the bikini line, and I don't shave my legs because the hairs are hardly visible :)

CavySong
October 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
:cheese: WARNING! The following may be offensive to some readers! :cheese:

I read some where some European dude complaining that Americans must all be pervs for wanting their women clean shaven to look like little girls. I generally agree. I was kind of bullied into shaving my legs and pits as a teen. Neither my mom nor grandma approved. :eek:

I only shave the lower legs when needed for a short dress, the pits only get a close crop, never a shave, if a swim or fancy sleeveless affair is planned. I get very irritated in-growns in them. Deodorants and antiperspirants really burn if I shave.

Only had my "other" hair shaved off one time, that was at an army hospital 25 years ago when I had my first baby for "sanitary" reasons. (Funny they did not do it for the next 5 births tho) It took. for. ever. to grow back and stop being itchy-pokey, I never wanted that horror again. :demon:

I frankly find the shaving f*tish quite bizzare. A couple of my grown kids do it, I rank it right up there with extra piercings and other body mods.:shrug:

CavySong
October 20th, 2011, 08:01 AM
There is a strong possibility your poll will likely be skewed as those that do are more likely to respond than those that don't or don't care.

Jessykins
October 20th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I shave my under arms whenever im in the shower, lower legs when im going to wear shorts or a dress, or when they look a bit too long. and the Betty when ever i can be bothered, and when i do it gets a racing stripe :D. if you want your legs extra smooth after shaving use a silky mit (i get them from poundland)

snowfaery
October 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I shave everything because it is such dark hair. I shave my underarms every 2-3 showers depending on the growth. My legs up to the knees are once a week, above the knees are about once a month or as needed. My other area is every 3rd shower. I also shave my toes every 2 weeks, my arms once a month, my belly and in between my breasts once a month, and I shave my face (more for exfoliation than anything else) every shower.

AshleyTheRed
October 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
TMI Warning.
I shave my armpits because the hair there irritates my skin.
I don't shave my privates. I don't see a reason too. Betty is as red as the rest of my hair, and I feel extra naked (exposed) when shaved.

I shave my legs if I am wearing something that shows my legs.
My leg hair is very fine and blondish-red anyway, so you won't see it unless you look for it, and that would be creepy.

SwordWomanRiona
October 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I shave my armpits and my lower legs.
I don't like hair near my armpits, it bothers me plus I don't think it looks nice, imo, plus I perspirate a lot more when I don't shave, and that's certainly not nice.
In Summer I shave my lower legs, but I leave them unshaved in Winter and most of Autumn and Spring because I'm not wearing any short dresses or anything,.
I don't shave my bikini line, because I don't need too or want to. That some hair show in that area when going swimming does not bother me at all. I shave my armpits and my lower legs (and, regarding the lower legs, sporadically), mostly because that hair bothers me and because I find it more aesthetically pleasing like that. I have never found the need to shave my bikini line, and I tend to dislike the very thought of it- as I tend to associate it with needless pain and a lot of patriarchal tinges. I can see the influence of Patriarchy in the urge to shave everything too, that's true, but in my case I can say that what I shave, I shave for myself and myself alone (regarding the armpits, that's 100% true). After all, as the Celtic lover, I can make note that both Celtic men and women shaved their body, so it's not completely a patriarchal-infused thing to 'want' to shave my lower legs from time to time :D.

mommyof2boys
October 20th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I shave or wax all three areas. I don't like excessive hair on my body.

LaceyNg
October 20th, 2011, 10:35 PM
:drama:

I shave everything because it is such dark hair. I shave my underarms every 2-3 showers depending on the growth. My legs up to the knees are once a week, above the knees are about once a month or as needed. My other area is every 3rd shower. I also shave my toes every 2 weeks, my arms once a month, my belly and in between my breasts once a month, and I shave my face (more for exfoliation than anything else) every shower.

this is almost EXACTLY my answer too! my body hair removal twin (hahaha!!) ><

only difference is that instead of shaving my lower legs, i epliate them to just above the knee about once a week, sometimes (ok, MOST times, i'll be honest) a little longer than weekly. shaving just irritated my skin tooooooo much, and my lower leg hair grows RIDICULOUSLY fast! wish the hair on my head grew that fast!

i too shave my toes, AND my knuckles every so often too, i'm a hairy beast! :shrug: and my belly, chest-ish area, arms, AND my face, just like snowfaery! i loooove how smooth my face gets after a shave. :hifive:

also, maybe its just me, but when i read through threads i look over at all the pretty avatars and siggy's, and if i see ones that intrigue me, i go look at their profile to see if they have more hair pics. but this time i feel like a major perv, like i know TOO MUCH about you all before i go check out your profiles! lol! i feel SOOOOO stalkerish right now! :shudder:

Milui Elenath
October 21st, 2011, 12:23 AM
There is a strong possibility your poll will likely be skewed as those that do are more likely to respond than those that don't or don't care.

and also this is a public board. Anybody can see - unlike the friendship board (and I'm not sure which others) so there may be some members who will refrain from answering here.

Lucky
October 21st, 2011, 01:24 AM
I epilate my legs, shave my underarms (the epilator is too scary on my underarms!) and I have a lovely aesthetician who takes care of my bikini area every month. I have light skin and dark hair, so I prefer to remove my hair, I don't like the way it looks otherwise.

Das Siechtum
October 21st, 2011, 03:17 AM
The poll is missing the "hair removal creme", which I use.

nellreno
October 21st, 2011, 04:22 AM
I'll shave my leg hair and armpit hair when I feel like it's getting too long and I'm going to be wearing something where that hair would be obvious, or if I'm going to be up close and personal with someone. I don't shave every day and if I'm single during the winter I won't shave for months >.<

I used to shave all my pubic hair off, but as that would result in extremely painful razor burn and really bad itching (like "Oh dear lord I have fire ants in my underwear" itching) I had to give it up. So now I just trim it short and tweeze the few hairs that go past my bikini line. And no, a completely shaved pubic mound doesn't look like a child's pubic mound.

Amoretti
October 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM
CavySong posted:

WARNING! The following may be offensive to some readers!

I read some where some European dude complaining that Americans must all be pervs for wanting their women clean shaven to look like little girls. I generally agree.

Why post it if you know it's going to be offensive to some readers? :confused:

And you agree that Americans are all pervs for this reason? Isn't that a blanket statement?

Orangerthanred
October 21st, 2011, 12:34 PM
:cheese: WARNING! The following may be offensive to some readers! :cheese:

I read some where some European dude complaining that Americans must all be pervs for wanting their women clean shaven to look like little girls. I generally agree. I was kind of bullied into shaving my legs and pits as a teen. Neither my mom nor grandma approved. :eek:

I only shave the lower legs when needed for a short dress, the pits only get a close crop, never a shave, if a swim or fancy sleeveless affair is planned. I get very irritated in-growns in them. Deodorants and antiperspirants really burn if I shave.

Only had my "other" hair shaved off one time, that was at an army hospital 25 years ago when I had my first baby for "sanitary" reasons. (Funny they did not do it for the next 5 births tho) It took. for. ever. to grow back and stop being itchy-pokey, I never wanted that horror again. :demon:

I frankly find the shaving f*tish quite bizzare. A couple of my grown kids do it, I rank it right up there with extra piercings and other body mods.:shrug:

I strongly agree with this!

Rhodugune
October 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM
No waxing here, all hair is precious! :meditate:

I did so when I was younger though, both here and there, didn't stop to think why, just thought you were suppose to do that...

But then I got to know some people, when I started a new school and they got me thinking why I put so much time, effort and money on something that's completely natural.

I've always had sensitive skin and alot of problems I had disappeared once I stopped shaving, your hair act like a cushion of air that lets your skin breathe and when it wasn't able to, my skin got really irritated.

So shaving is not for me, on so many levels.

Lostsoule77
October 21st, 2011, 09:09 PM
I generally shave my armpits just about daily. Legs only if they are showing (so in the summer) or if I get to where I'm looking like a man. The bikini I just neaten up a bit. I don't want to look like a child or a cave person.

AcornMystic
October 22nd, 2011, 04:59 AM
I voted that I put cheese :p. I really prefer not to shave at all, so when I do shave it is done for other people, not for myself. I only ever do it when those parts are going to be exposed and since I'm not normally a shorts/skirt wearer (that could change in the future) my legs are very rarely shaved. Sure, because of it my legs are pale and my hair is dark so it is all the more prominent, but I prefer to just be myself.

There are times I even forget to shave and when it comes to my attention I just think, "Oh.. huh.. oops." so it's no big deal even then, because I do recognize that it's for others that I do it and I don't want to stress myself out for not appeasing their ideals.

My husband also prefers that I not shave because he says that au naturelle is real and for him, frankly, it's a relief what with all the people out there trying to achieve and maintain the ideal that the media promotes (that body hair represents masculinity).

On a more personal level, when I'm feeling adventurous though, on the odd occasion, I'll do a little sculpting before letting it grow back again. How can anyone who has artistic tendencies not want to at least a little.:D Haha, you asked, and it doesn't stray from the topic of hair. :P

swetiepeti
October 22nd, 2011, 05:01 AM
I did not answer either. Hello! Public board and especially with this sort of question from a brand new poster

Amoretti
October 22nd, 2011, 06:32 AM
Yep. Public board and all that.

AlabasterAlice
October 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Meh. Maybe I just don't give a crap if someone sees what I do with my body hair? I completely respect other ladies choices on not wanting to announce this on a public board, but it doesn't phase me.

Then again I belong to a fet site. I've read a lot "worse" then how you care for your lady bits. :P