PDA

View Full Version : Homemade condish for CG?

ScorpioMouse
October 19th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I know noobs should do extensive research before asking questions (and I'm still a noob, even though I've been a member for, like, 8 months), but I've been back and forth over the site (read: obsessively reading for hours), and haven't seen this specific thing covered. Maybe I just don't know where to look - links welcome!!

I've been waffling back and forth between CO and WO for the last few weeks. I really like the freedom WO gives me - down with product dependency! - but it's not very supportive for my waves/curls. And never mind BC/ACV, those leave me nearly stick-straight. Do any other hippy-types here manage to do CG method (the results of which I love) using only homemade product? Preferably without 56 different exotic herbs :rolleyes: although more power to you if you have that kind of pantry!

I have SERIOUSLY sensitive skin, 2b/F/ii, just 2.5" long (yup, pixie girl!), and am trying to find a solution for my hair that will make me as thrilled as OCM has for my skin. Sorry for lack of pictures, and thank you so much for any help you can offer!!

ya-ya C
October 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
you can try this one out - works very good for me

http://thesoapdish.com/hair-conditioner-formula.htm

it's very basic, only 5 ingredients (+water) and I would advise to skip the preservative - you only need it if making product for sale and the one they advice is a chemical one. for own consumption just cut amounts in half and you shouldn't run into any trouble. It just won't stay on the shelf long enough to develop mold or whatever. Later on you can try potassium sorbate - food grade mold inhibitor.

Also from own experience - do not replace water with herbal tea - it changes acidity and the final product will either separate or be super-thin. If you want any herbal benefits - use essential oils. It will both scent the condish and give extra health benefits.

Good luck!

ScorpioMouse
October 19th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Thank you!