PDA

View Full Version : 11 months of squiggy's progress

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2008, 10:51 AM
ok so ive been here for about 11 months now!.. next month ill be having my anniversary..

i havent made as fast of progress lately but every month i feel like i need to share.. i suppose some of you are getting tired of me clogging up the mane board with my monthly thread.. i really believe that every month (especially in the summer) that i dont chop my hair into a bob is an achievement.. every summer in the past i used to chop my hair.. this summer is especially hard for me because i only have one working airconditioner in the house.. every time i feel hot i think of going into the bathroom with a razor and chopping it all off.. the temptation is awful.. my hair is just too heavy and hot even when its in a bun.. and so this month im starting this thread because i really need support..
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
here is me a week or 2 before joining
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/mecampblurface.jpg
my hair was a little past shoulder but nowhere near apl

here is me a few weeks after i joined right after my first henna.. my hair hadnt reached apl yet but it was getting there.. im pretty sure this was taken in september 2007.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hair.jpg

somewhere between these two pictures i trimmed off 2 inches

here is me in november 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/1105071325crop.jpg
im a tiny bit past bsl in the picture

here is me in december 2007 looking a bit longer
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/dec2007lengthshot.jpg

february pics..here is february 2008 second day hair
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthfeb2008.jpg

here is march 2008 (about waist with scraggly damaged ends)
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg

here is my trim back to bsl in april 2008
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/trimapril5th2008small.jpg
most of my layers are gone now.. 4 inches trimmed so far since joining..

here is my hair in may 2008.. almost back at waist.. not quite there yet..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmay10th2008.jpg

ok and here is my hair june 9th 2008.. not much growth this month but a definite improvement in health

please excuse the fly aways the wind was blowing while i took the picture.. the tieback on my dress is about waist maybe a bit lower than waist to accommodate droop since its not tied tightly..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/th_bluedressback.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/bluedressback.jpg)picture is clickable

its a bit fluffier. i was thinking about how much shorter the picture looked in june and i realized that its not shorter its just spread out over my shoulders making my hair look wider which in turn makes it look shorter
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here is my most recent picture. if you look closely you can see that if my hair wasnt flippy at the ends it would be waist.. you can also see how my underside grows faster than my canopy.. please excuse the fly aways i cant seem to get a day without wind to take pictures..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/th_lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg)
clickable
i wish my hair was straight it would be past waist if it was.. also from this picture i can see just how far ive got to go until i reach classic.. my hair looks like it will have to be twice the length to reach classic..

Isilya
July 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I still love your hair (and your trousers/pants in the last pic :D). I think it's amazing you have visible growth each month (I sure don't).

I bet you'll be at waist next month, even with flippy ends, since your hair seems to grow so fast :)

Kiraela
July 5th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I don't mind! I think your hair is awesome, personally, and cutting now would be a very bad thing!

JessTheMess
July 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Squigs you are my hair inspiration!!!

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I still love your hair (and your trousers/pants in the last pic :D). I think it's amazing you have visible growth each month (I sure don't).

I bet you'll be at waist next month, even with flippy ends, since your hair seems to grow so fast :)
thanks! :flowers:
i hope to be waist next month.. i can never be sure if ive grown unless i take pictures.. i can never seem to measure right.. i never seem to see any growth in the mirror but photos dont lie..

oh and those are my pajama pants in the last pic.. :D

I don't mind! I think your hair is awesome, personally, and cutting now would be a very bad thing!
thanks!! its so hard not to cut when i know ill be so much cooler if i had a bob.. i regret the 4 inches ive had to cut off this year so far but those had to be done.. its taking me so long to get back to the length i was in march.. cutting to bsl in april was maybe a bit too much..

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Squigs you are my hair inspiration!!!
aww *blush* :flowers: :o
actually your hair is about the same length as mine in inches.. :)

Catladyintown
July 5th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Squiggyflop your hair looks gorgeous.:D I understand about hot weather wanting to cut you hair, in Tucson the average temperature is over a 100 degrees. The best thing you can do is put your hair up that will help alot threw the summer. Sometimes I wet my hair thoroughly and put it in a bun to keep cool. HTH :)

VanillaTresses
July 5th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Wow! I cannot believe how noticeable your month-to-month growth has been! Your hair looks great- :)

Elainehali
July 5th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I love the color in your February picture. Looks like you have very healthy hair.

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Squiggyflop your hair looks gorgeous.:D I understand about hot weather wanting to cut you hair, in Tucson the average temperature is over a 100 degrees. The best thing you can do is put your hair up that will help alot threw the summer. Sometimes I wet my hair thoroughly and put it in a bun to keep cool. HTH :)
i have been keeping my hair up most of the time in a scrunchy bun.. but my hair is still too hot.. ugh and my hair isnt even growing at my normal summer rate of 1.5 inches a month.. i dont know whats up with my hair.. its growing so slowly now.. i havent hennaed my roots in so long.. i think it may be time to do them but its too hot to have warm henna on my head.. i think ill try this wet hair thing you mentioned..

Wow! I cannot believe how noticeable your month-to-month growth has been! Your hair looks great- :)
thanks!!

i believe the big jump between september and november are from some vitamins i was taking.. i started taking the vitamins again recently and it did speed it up a little.. but i only started taking them when i ended up with a really low amout of growth.. it doesnt seem to be making my hair explode with growth like before..

it was more dramatic in the beginning of my time here at LHC.. now its slowed down to about half an inch a month.. which is actually a normal rate but it doesnt seem normal to me since my hair has always grown rather fast..

crebbsgirl
July 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Squiggy, your hair is gorgeous! You are such a hair inspiration!! And I love your colour too! Oh, how I wish I could pull off such a vibrant, beautiful red! Thanks for posting these!

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I love the color in your February picture. Looks like you have very healthy hair.
everyone always says that the color in that pic is pretty but the hair is actually the same color hair in different lights.. well except the last picture.. i have done a few honey treatments so its a bit lighter

Squiggy, your hair is gorgeous! You are such a hair inspiration!! And I love your colour too! Oh, how I wish I could pull off such a vibrant, beautiful red! Thanks for posting these!
thanks!! ive been told that the reason i can pull off the vibrant henna is because i have red head coloring.. (extremely pale with lots of freckles) after all my natural color is auburn.. quite alot of people have commented on my hair color and been shocked when i said it wasnt natural.. i love it when they say that "you cant get color like that out of a bottle" before they know its not my natural color.. i reply that it came out of a bag and it confuses them.. hehe..

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2008, 09:26 PM
i wonder if next month when i have my lhc anniversary whether i will have reached waist.. ugh every time i think of all the trimming my hair needs i get mad at myself for bleaching all the time before lhc.. if i hadnt had to trim i would already be at 32 inches which is just about scar length.. (cover my main surgery scar)
*sigh* at least i can tell my future kids i had multi colored hair during high school..
im not sure if ill tell them i was a goth.. maybe if they come home wearing vampire teeth and combat boots.. maybe then ill show them my corsetted old trench coat..

girlcat36
July 5th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Your growth rate is phenomenal! I just can't believe it! I am so envious, and could you spare me some of that thickness, please? Just beautiful.

DecafJane
July 5th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Wow, you have fantastic growth and your hair looks wonderful! :D

DavidN
July 6th, 2008, 02:56 AM
You have SUCH fast growing hair, Squiggy, and it is thick, shiny, and healthy! All of us will be here to celebrate your one year LHC anniversary with you.

tiny_teesha
July 6th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Squiggy, your hair is looking really good!!! Wow, keep it up! it looks so healthy an shiney and smooth!
Have you ever considering wetting your hair before you put it in a soaked bun? That is cooling, or even loose, and have a spray bottle near by to mist your face and hair it really cools you down.
In summer in Australia it can get pretty hot and there is no air conditioner upstairs so i just sit there with a fan and mist myself. :)
Congrats on not getting a bob, your hair is fo full- it is an inspiration! :)

laurachiplock
July 6th, 2008, 05:28 AM
wow, my gracious your hair grows FAST! I'm green with envy & that awesome red- just beautiful!

n3m3sis42
July 6th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I wish mine grew that fast.

squiggyflop
July 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Squiggy, your hair is looking really good!!! Wow, keep it up! it looks so healthy an shiney and smooth!
Have you ever considering wetting your hair before you put it in a soaked bun? That is cooling, or even loose, and have a spray bottle near by to mist your face and hair it really cools you down.
In summer in Australia it can get pretty hot and there is no air conditioner upstairs so i just sit there with a fan and mist myself. :)
Congrats on not getting a bob, your hair is fo full- it is an inspiration! :)
thanks.. i do put my hair up wet sometimes..
smooth? what hair are you looking at? hehe im a frizz girl:)
i do mist my face but it doesnt really help.. ive always been temperature sensitive..

paper
July 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Your hair looks so long and pretty. I love your color.

jojo
July 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM
looking beautiful, oh I wish my hair would grow as quick as yours!

feralnature
July 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Well hey, our summer started in May and we have had numerous, numerous days well over 100 degrees and it won't cool down now till almost October.

How hot is it in Texas? You have to build a fire to stay cool.

Anyway, your hair is absolutely gorgeous and really grows fast! You will be so proud of yourself getting through the summer without chopping. Hang in there, you can do it! :)

Ciel
July 6th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Your hair is beautiful. :flower:

squiggyflop
July 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Your growth rate is phenomenal! I just can't believe it! I am so envious, and could you spare me some of that thickness, please? Just beautiful.
well my growth used to be really fast now im just normal.. its always strange to me when i hear people say my hair is thick.. it seems like everyone i see has thicker hair.. ps i love your corkscrew curls in your siggy.

Wow, you have fantastic growth and your hair looks wonderful! :D
thanks!:)

You have SUCH fast growing hair, Squiggy, and it is thick, shiny, and healthy! All of us will be here to celebrate your one year LHC anniversary with you.
im always very pleased when you stop by:cheese:.. it really was growing rather fast the first half of the year.. now that im growing at a normal rate it seems so slow.. but i guess im getting a taste of what most people on this site have to go through.. i just never imagined normal being so slow..:D

wow, my gracious your hair grows FAST! I'm green with envy & that awesome red- just beautiful!
envious of me?.. hehe.. i never really considered my hair to be enviable (is that a word?).. easy girl you dont want my head to get too big.. it could pop.. hehe:D

Your hair is gorgeous! I wish mine grew that fast.
thanks!

Your hair looks so long and pretty. I love your color.
thanks.. ive been working on my color quite a bit recently.. ive been doing honey lightening treatments and im switching to a henna gloss instead of a regular application so im very happy to hear the color is looking good..

looking beautiful, oh I wish my hair would grow as quick as yours!
perhaps you could take some vitamins? i took natrol skin hair nails vitamins for the first third of the year i think.. im pretty sure thats why i was able to go from not even apl to bsl in 2 months.. i started taking them again recently and i have seen an improvement in my nail growth rate and my hair started growing again after stalling for a month..

Well hey, our summer started in May and we have had numerous, numerous days well over 100 degrees and it won't cool down now till almost October.

How hot is it in Texas? You have to build a fire to stay cool.

Anyway, your hair is absolutely gorgeous and really grows fast! You will be so proud of yourself getting through the summer without chopping. Hang in there, you can do it! :)
yeah my mom and brother live in texas.. my brother calls sometimes and complains.. apparently even elementary schools down there are airconditioned.. up here only a few classrooms in each high school are airconditioned.. i called up my brother in may to complain about how it was 40 degrees and my brother got all annoyed and said it was in the 90s there.. ill take cold over hot anyday (here i come maine! oo better yet alaska).. you can always put more clothes if your cold on but if your hot you can only take off so much before you are naked.. hehe:)

jojo
July 6th, 2008, 05:40 PM
thanks for the advise sweetheart, i will check them out xx

squiggyflop
July 7th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Your hair is beautiful. :flower:
thanks!:flowers:

sipnsun
July 7th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Your hair is beautiful, just hang in there! You would probably be so sorry if you cut it.

morgwn
July 7th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Squiggy, your hair grows at unbelievable rates! I think most of us just dream of those rates. :) Your hair's gorgeously thick and healthy and kudos to you for your care techniques! :flower:

squiggyflop
July 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Squiggy, your hair grows at unbelievable rates! I think most of us just dream of those rates. :) Your hair's gorgeously thick and healthy and kudos to you for your care techniques! :flower:
thanks! :cheese:now that im at a normal rate i dream of the rates i used to get for the first 6-7 months that i was here.. ive only gotten a half inch this month.. maybe next month ill get more..

its not really thick just 3.5 inches but it fluffs up to look thicker.. ive got some taper happening now.. i should probably investigate that.. i think its from sleeping with my hair in a scrunchy bun (i move ALOT at night because of nightmares) when i used to wear my hair down at night i would get more tangles but less broken hairs.. hmmm im going to have to think on that a bit..

mew
July 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM
oh you are kidding...what amazing growth in just one year! 8o *falls off chair*

Little_Bird
July 7th, 2008, 11:58 AM
That looks like a very fast growth rate to me :) Congratulations!

Patrycja
July 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I am in love with your henna hair color :heart: You'll be at classic in no time.Are you going to stop there or are you going terminal?

squiggyflop
July 7th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I am in love with your henna hair color :heart: You'll be at classic in no time.Are you going to stop there or are you going terminal?
thanks!
it depends.. if i find classic to be easy enough to manage ill go longer but if i get to classic and have fairytale ends i might cut back to tailbone.. at my length i dont really know how long it will grow.. for all i know it might not make it to tailbone.. i do shed alot i think.. however if my hair goes past my knees im cutting.. im too clumsy ill trip over my braid if its any longer than knee

squiggyflop
July 7th, 2008, 03:04 PM
oh you are kidding...what amazing growth in just one year! 8o *falls off chair*
if you count that i trimmed 4 inches this year yes it is alot of growth.. i think there are others with faster though

Alethia
July 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Really impressive growth, and the condition of your hair looks fantastic. Well done!!

squiggyflop
July 7th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Really impressive growth, and the condition of your hair looks fantastic. Well done!!
thanks! wow your avatar is freaking me out.. i had to stop and count 3 times just to make sure i wasnt seeing things..:disbelief

Indigo Girl
July 7th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Your hair looks fantastically thick and healthy. :bluesmile And your growth is incredible - I don't think mine grows half that fast!

I also love the color in your Feb pic.

Congrats on your progress! :flower:

squiggyflop
July 8th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Your hair looks fantastically thick and healthy. :bluesmile And your growth is incredible - I don't think mine grows half that fast!

I also love the color in your Feb pic.

Congrats on your progress! :flower:
THANKS
yeah everyone loves that pic.. :)

ok so i started at like 23 inches
23 minus 4 inches trimmed=19

my current length is 28 inches

28-19= 9 inches
so if im doing the math right (probably not im terrible at math) thats 9 inches of growth total.. if only i hadnt had to trim off those 4 inches i might have made it to hip by next month..

9/11=.818181
so i got an average of .82 inches a month so far.. of course i havent been getting that much lately..

squiggyflop
July 10th, 2008, 03:05 PM
That looks like a very fast growth rate to me :) Congratulations!
thanks!:cheese::flowers:

im hoping that i can somehow make up a really good user title by next month.. anyone have some ideas? i just cant describe myself.. when people say "tell me about yourself" i just stare at them.. i hate at the beginning of a semester how the teachers try to have me tell the class about myself..

psvzum
July 10th, 2008, 07:39 PM
YOu've got such pretty hair-beautiful color! Thank you for sharing the pictures : )

squiggyflop
July 11th, 2008, 01:06 PM
YOu've got such pretty hair-beautiful color! Thank you for sharing the pictures : )
thanks!! :flowers:

Shermie Girl
July 11th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I don't know why I didn't see this thread earlier. They say the eyes are the first thing to go. I think I am inclined to agree. :o

Anyhoo...

Squiggy, you hair is looking mahvalous. The growth and work you have done, coupled with henna have produced a lovely head of hair. :cheese:

squiggyflop
July 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I don't know why I didn't see this thread earlier. They say the eyes are the first thing to go. I think I am inclined to agree. :o

Anyhoo...

Squiggy, you hair is looking mahvalous. The growth and work you have done, coupled with henna have produced a lovely head of hair. :cheese:
thanks! yeah my hair would be awful without the benefits of henna..
its ok if you didnt see it until now its only one picture different than last months thread and i will just add another pic for my one year anniversary next month.. most people skip over my monthly threads anyway.. but i still post them..

NurseMama
July 22nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Wow the growth between Sept and Nov is incredible! Your hair is lovely, healthy, and a beautiful color.:)

squiggyflop
July 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Wow the growth between Sept and Nov is incredible! Your hair is lovely, healthy, and a beautiful color.:)
thanks!

oh that was probably because i was taking vitamins.. i was taking natrol skin hair nails vitamins and centrum

sassystyle
July 24th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!! You've already made it halfway through summer - it's all downhill from here. You can do it!!

I just got a haircut and though my main length is BSL - I have some layers that are way shorter. :( I'm looking forward to getting some of the layer length back!!

nostalgic
July 24th, 2008, 08:59 PM
congrats on your (almost) anniversary :)
let me tell you that you are my hero for NOT cutting! i'm the same as you with the bob... that's actually where i'm starting from :p
your hair looks awesome! don't stop now (and i am SO jealous of your color!)

Cereus
July 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Your hair is beautiful! It looks like it grew fast after you trimmed it. Mine's at the scraggly almost waist length and all I'm tempted to give it a trim. Yours looks great.

squiggyflop
July 25th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!! You've already made it halfway through summer - it's all downhill from here. You can do it!!

I just got a haircut and though my main length is BSL - I have some layers that are way shorter. :( I'm looking forward to getting some of the layer length back!!

thanks! yeah its not so bad anymore to keep it in a bun now that the air conditioners are in.. my hair actually grows in layers.. no matter how many times i cut the layers off they come back.. my underside just grows a little faster than my canopy.. so it always looks like ive got layers..

congrats on your (almost) anniversary :)
let me tell you that you are my hero for NOT cutting! i'm the same as you with the bob... that's actually where i'm starting from :p
your hair looks awesome! don't stop now (and i am SO jealous of your color!)

im growing from a really awful short cut.. it was like a longish pixie cut.. it looked like a mullet when it was growing out for months.. i just delt with it even though i got daily rude comments on it looking like a mullet.. once i joined it was at shoulder and not looking so bad..

Your hair is beautiful! It looks like it grew fast after you trimmed it. Mine's at the scraggly almost waist length and all I'm tempted to give it a trim. Yours looks great.
i hear you on the scraggly almost waist.. my ends are kind of scraggly now.. not as bad as they were in march right before i chopped back to bsl but still kind of bad.. i need hair scissors so i can do a s&d..

WavyGirl
July 26th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Your hair looks great! I had to go back and check I'd read the thread title right after looking at the pictures. You've had some fantastic growth there. I'm seriously considering getting myself some vitamins if they can give results like that. Your colour is beautiful too, although I have to say I like your natural colour as well. :flowers:

winter_star
July 26th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Wow squiggyflop your hair is a gorgeous colour and it grows so fast. Please don't cut it... imagine how long it will be in a few months time!

squiggyflop
July 26th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Your hair looks great! I had to go back and check I'd read the thread title right after looking at the pictures. You've had some fantastic growth there. I'm seriously considering getting myself some vitamins if they can give results like that. Your colour is beautiful too, although I have to say I like your natural colour as well. :flowers:
thanks!
thats not my natural color.. the first pic was of my hair after being bleached and dyed pink.. the pink faded out to the color you are looking at..
this is what my natural color looks like..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/distortshorthair.jpg
oh wow sorry about the huge pic
i wonder why my roots are always darker in all my natural color pics from before i started dyeing my hair..
my eyes arent green.. i changed them because just distorting them is no fun