PDA

View Full Version : Hair-typing please, and I'm getting a trim for the first time in 1.5 years!

Lilli
October 18th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Here is a real hair-typing photo:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3627&pictureid=116504

Shall I stick with 1b/1c? The sides only have one long S-wave, unlike the back.

Also, tomorrow morning I am getting my first trim in 1.5 years! My stylist is very conservative and I shall tell him no more than 1 inch. My hair has looked awful and I think it is because of the wispy and broken ends.

danacc
October 18th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I'd say 1c.

You have some different things going on--the back has a few wavy clumps, but the overall effect I see is "straight hair". That puts you in the 1 category. Asynchronous s-waves, even the really relaxed ones on the sides, indicate 1c.

Zesty
October 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I second danacc. IMO, you are firmly 1c. The fact that you have any kind of identifiable waves at all makes you at least 1c, and since the overall effect of your hair is definitely straight (and most parts of it are straight), you're not a 2.

coffinhert
October 18th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Is your heart going pitter-pat over the trim? Mine would be..

MissManda
October 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Tossing in another vote for 1c. :flower:

Roscata
October 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Looks like 1C. :)

Mesmerise
October 18th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I agree with your original assessment of 1b/1c. I agree the waves at the back are 1c, but it looks straighter at the sides, which I'd be calling 1b.

Having mixed hair is a challenge. I call myself 2a, but really I'm a mix ranging from 1b to about 2c... so I sort of "average" it at 2a... But in yours I just see 1b/1c, so I'd go with that :D.

Lilli
October 19th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Almost everyone seems to vote 1c, so I will change it. I wish it would do the waves all over. It would be pretty! Getting this much wave required having four children and the resultant hormonal changes. I am unable to have four more to have wavy hair, though!

Is your heart going pitter-pat over the trim? Mine would be..

No, for two reasons: I've been seeing this stylist since I was a child, and he is very gentle and very respectful and very conservative. He will listen. Also, my hair is so unmanageable and the ends look so bad that I don't want the extra inch. I'm going to tell him my issue, and if he thinks I need to take off more than an inch, I will tell him, no, we will do it in phases and just maintain at the same length for a few months, trimming until the damage is gone. I did the whole "never cut" thing, and it does make it get long fast, but it really has started to look bad, and I don't want to look bad for another year until I am at my bottom of BSL goal.

Lilli
October 19th, 2011, 06:24 AM
I discovered something! All this time, I thought the hair thickness measurement (i-iii) was the diameter of my ponytail, but I was wrong, it is the circumference! I am squarely ii! Yay! And d'oh!