PDA

View Full Version : Ways to darken your hair with things around the house

AngelAblaze
October 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Does anyone have a tried & proven way to darken your hair w/o chemicals/dyes? Preferably with stuff in the kitchen. I need something that won't make my hair feel crappy but still darken it lol.

Maggie May
October 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Henna is natural! I haven't used it yet but I think I would like to. I have heard that castor oil can make hair darker. I've read that it's good to put on tips too.

hoopster
October 18th, 2011, 08:07 PM
i'm looking to do the same thing..i've looked into hendigo. i did henna but it made my hair too orangey for my skin tone. what color is your hair?

redmj
October 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Rosemary infusions are supposed to. I've just started so I can't say for sure.

AngelAblaze
October 18th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I can't get henna even though I'd like to. My hair is dark brown with reddish undertones & I've got some natural blonde patches too

Mythica
October 18th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I've heard things about black walnut hulls being used as dye, but I'm not familiar with the actual technique.

Zesty
October 18th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Molasses is supposed to have a slight darkening effect similar to honey's lightening effects. I thought I saw it in the SMT thread. Maybe you could look into that, if henna/indigo/etc. aren't your thing.

coffinhert
October 18th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I have been putting molasses in my hair lately. It has the same conditioning effect as honey, I mix it with a little oil and a lot of conditioner.

My hair is already dark so I don't know how much darker it's gotten, but it is good for my hair for sure.

papillion
October 19th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Have you read this? http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=2

I haven't tried any of them, but it seems to be a very comprehensive list of things you can use to colour your hair.

Chetanlaiho
October 19th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Apparently tea rinses can also darken your hair temporarily, maybe look into that? :)